Hi guys My maintance provider let me down few time and I need one of my truck to get fixed tomorrow I'm going to ask

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Stunier

Hi guys My maintance provider let me down few time and I need one of my truck to get fixed tomorrow I'm going to ask

Post by Stunier »

Hi guys,
My maintance provider let me down few time and I need one of my truck to get fixed tomorrow.
I'm going to ask a new garage to fix my vehicle tmr should I inform tc about it?
CeeCello

Re: Hi guys My maintance provider let me down few time and I need one of my truck to get fixed tomorrow I'm going to ask

Post by CeeCello »

Add the additional garage via the online portal
Cataller

Re: Hi guys My maintance provider let me down few time and I need one of my truck to get fixed tomorrow I'm going to ask

Post by Cataller »

Yes you should, by using the DVSA Vehicle On Line system. You’ll also need a GV79d form signed & filed with your operator licence papers.
JohnStunn

Post by JohnStunn »

To fix your truck no you don’t need to inform tc but if you are looking to change maintenance provider as in who carries out your pmis then yes you do
Richarl

Post by Richarl »

I believe it is ‘fixing’ then you keep a record in your vehicle records - but if it is an inspection then you need to advise of additional contractor.
Chrissc

Post by Chrissc »

For what reason are you wanting to informing the TC , because your maintenance provider let you down on a repair or PMI ? If pmi will be missed due to repair not happening follow VOR policy
Something I see is a lack of reputable garages even the best ones are letting people down there just isn’t enough
Stunier

Post by Stunier »

Chrissc wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:10 pm For what reason are you wanting to informing the TC , because your maintenance provider let you down on a repair or PMI ? If pmi will be missed due to repair not happening follow VOR policy
Something I see is a lack of reputable garages even the best ones are letting people down there just isn’t enough
just a repair mate, have to wait 4 days for our garage to get it done..
Chrissc

Post by Chrissc »

Stunier wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:10 pm
Chrissc wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:10 pm For what reason are you wanting to informing the TC , because your maintenance provider let you down on a repair or PMI ? If pmi will be missed due to repair not happening follow VOR policy
just a repair mate, have to wait 4 days for our garage to get it done..
wouldn’t bother reporting mate we have policies and procedures for managing instances like that if people was to constantly contact the otc for everything they would be even shitter at granting licences 😂 been in transport 25 years mate as driver and TM sometimes questions on these forums cause more uncertainty than answers drop me an IM always happy to help in any other circumstances or issues that may come up 👍
Starren

Post by Starren »

If you like the new provider make sure you have an agreement in writing with them and put a note in your vehicle file to say why you changed
Bluecorn

Post by Bluecorn »

Imagine getting the repair done is like a puncture. Would you tell OTC you used central Tyres instead on Tructyre?
Quick repair is different to a PMI.

Return to “Maintenance companies and mechanics | General discussions”