Looking at getting my HGV class 1 next year anyone recommend any companies that do class 1 tramping or European

Ads by truck drivers looking for work
Stuanier

Looking at getting my HGV class 1 next year anyone recommend any companies that do class 1 tramping or European

Post by Stuanier »

Looking at getting my HGV class 1 next year anyone recommend any companies that do class 1 tramping or European driving that is based in the Northwest currently drive Class 2s, thought I’d do this first to get my experience first as I am a newbie in the Transport sector.
any advice would be great.
cheers.
Dicxan

Re: Looking at getting my HGV class 1 next year anyone recommend any companies that do class 1 tramping or European

Post by Dicxan »

Metcalfe farms leyburn north Yorkshire
Clarkom

Re: Looking at getting my HGV class 1 next year anyone recommend any companies that do class 1 tramping or European

Post by Clarkom »

Dicxan wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:18 pm Metcalfe farms leyburn north Yorkshire
north west? Your needing a new map or sat nav!
Steway22

Post by Steway22 »

None. no company's do that.
Iyanum

Post by Iyanum »

Fb Brit-european they've an academy that do class 1 training plus out base an after 2yrs you get the training fee back
Stuanier

Post by Stuanier »

Iyanum wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:24 pm Fb Brit-european they've an academy that do class 1 training plus out base an after 2yrs you get the training fee back
I’ve seen them pal, might enquiry with them are they a decent company ???
Iyanum

Post by Iyanum »

Stuanier wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:24 pm
Iyanum wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:24 pm Fb Brit-european they've an academy that do class 1 training plus out base an after 2yrs you get the training fee back
They're BUT they still think drivers are still ten a penny.
My lad works there an gone thro the academy he's class 1 moving vans to start with then onto JCB an units on Swan neck trailers but they also have day cab class 2 that can carry mercedes sprinters. His time is up in OCTOBER
Iyanum

Post by Iyanum »

Stuanier wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:24 pm
If they do entertain you you'll get experience an that's as go as gold dust so that's something for you too think about too.
Leemart

Post by Leemart »

Hmm so you’ve not got a class 1 and you are asking any European work walk first comes to mind.
Stuanier

Post by Stuanier »

Leemart wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:29 pm Hmm so you’ve not got a class 1 and you are asking any European work walk first comes to mind.
hey Leemart, really interested in doing my class 1 in January next year after I’ve done a year on the rigids, just seeing what’s out there at the minute, as tramping appeals to me.
Jamspio

Post by Jamspio »

Stuanier wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:29 pm
Leemart wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:29 pm Hmm so you’ve not got a class 1 and you are asking any European work walk first comes to mind.
hey Leemart, really interested in doing my class 1 in January next year after I’ve done a year on the rigids, just seeing what’s out there at the minute, as tramping appeals to me.
there’s hardly anything about at the moment for the lads who have got class 1 european experience, get in the que my friend
Grahasso

Post by Grahasso »

Where are you based?
Would you be interested in getting tied up to a company for a couple of years that would put you through your class 1?
IMO, sideline the Euro idea for a couple of years, learn the job, learn to possibly be away for a week on UK work, as you will miss the missus, the kids, the lads on a Saturday afternoon etc.
Tramping is a lifestyle, Euro tramping is a different way of life.
Stuanier

Post by Stuanier »

Grahasso wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:32 pm Where are you based?
Would you be interested in getting tied up to a company for a couple of years that would put you through your class 1?
IMO, sideline the Euro idea for a couple of years, learn the job, learn to possibly be away for a week on UK work, as you will miss the missus, the kids, the lads on a Saturday afternoon etc.
thanks for the advice Grahasso 👍
Stuanier

Post by Stuanier »

I would be interested in working for a company that would put me through it and work for them for a couple of years.
Jammuzz

Post by Jammuzz »

spot on
Loganiz

Post by Loganiz »

Mate I’ll be honest, I wish the best of luck with this but very few companies will give you a class one as soon as you’ve passed mate.
Addamos

Post by Addamos »

Loganiz wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:38 pm Mate I’ll be honest, I wish the best of luck with this but very few companies will give you a class one as soon as you’ve passed mate.
yeah they will. I got two. First one I didn't like, got a job somewhere else. Zero experience.
Stuanier

Post by Stuanier »

Loganiz wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:38 pm Mate I’ll be honest, I wish the best of luck with this but very few companies will give you a class one as soon as you’ve passed mate.
Thanks for the opinion Loganiz 👍
Leerxia

Post by Leerxia »

Once you got class 1. Ring Richard long transport. You'll be on your way to Holland, before you've finished the phonecall.
AronNeo

Post by AronNeo »

Join agencies mate, best way to get class 1 experience that's what I did to start off. Once you find your feet which won't take long you can do double manned work with companies like fly by nite which travel around Europe supporting bands with transport and setting up stages. Never done it myself but I've spoke to a few people that have and they enjoyed it. I know they're always looking for drivers. Worth a try. And don't listen to the negative bell ends on here, anything is achievable if you really want it.
Stuanier

Post by Stuanier »

AronNeo wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:41 pm https://www.flybynite.co.uk/ they're recruiting now.
cheers Aron 👍
AronNeo

Post by AronNeo »

Stuanier wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:41 pm
AronNeo wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:41 pm https://www.flybynite.co.uk/ they're recruiting now.
cheers Aron 👍
good luck mate.
Garyness

Post by Garyness »

For tramping in the northwest Fagan and Whalley are a good shout out of Burnley. Decent kit. They run class 2s aswell so you could join now and then just move up to class one once you've got the license.
Grahoyer

Post by Grahoyer »

Whats wrong with Class 2 Tramping & Euro work.. On my way to Madrid last week I got overtaken by an 18t from Scotland... (Kirkcaldy, Fife) loads of Class 2's go out there, alot of the removal lads are in class 2... It's a thought..
Stuanier

Post by Stuanier »

Grahoyer wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:45 pm Whats wrong with Class 2 Tramping & Euro work.. On my way to Madrid last week I got overtaken by an 18t from Scotland... (Kirkcaldy, Fife) loads of Class 2's go out there, alot of the removal lads are in class 2... It's a thought..
any companies that you know off ?? For the class 2 tramping as that maybe a Shout in the Northwest as that would be an advance on what I do at the minute ??
Grahoyer

Post by Grahoyer »

Stuanier wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:46 pm
Grahoyer wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:45 pm Whats wrong with Class 2 Tramping & Euro work.. On my way to Madrid last week I got overtaken by an 18t from Scotland... (Kirkcaldy, Fife) loads of Class 2's go out there, alot of the removal lads are in class 2... It's a thought..
any companies that you know off ?? For the class 2 tramping as that maybe a Shout in the Northwest as that would be an advance on what I do at the minute ??
You thought of travelling a bit further.??? Not familiar with any North Western company's, but I'm sure they're there...? Edmondsons in Morecambe is one I know of...
Stuanier

Post by Stuanier »

Grahoyer wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:46 pm
Stuanier wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:46 pm
You thought of travelling a bit further.??? Not familiar with any North Western company's, but I'm sure they're there...? Edmondsons in Morecambe is one I know of...
I am from wigan but have worked in lancaster/Morecambe area before pal. So I know that area pretty well. Il see what I can do but thanks for the advice infact I’ve seen them on the road before Edmondson Removals
SeSimon

Post by SeSimon »

If you can get an EU passport you will instantly be more employable to any co that regularly goes to Europe.
MartinCo

Post by MartinCo »

Removals is a way as your usually paired up/double manned giving you some sort of tuition as you go
Patriano

Post by Patriano »

If your under 25 years old. I've been at in for 36 years.
Don't do it! You will start and finish in the same place. Why?
Andrewin

Post by Andrewin »

Sensible approach mate, don't know anything about European driving my self, but please acknowledge you will not get paid to night out. You only have your expenses reimbursed. So £26.20 or maybe £34.90 plus your midday meal allowance. If you did not night out you would not incur these costs at the price you have to pay on the road. So your company cover these costs. So this is your expense account. Meaning unless you receive an additional taxed payment, you do not get paid to night out. Meaning you are staying Away from home and in your cab for free.
So the real question is why would you want to night out for free? Just so your company can make more money out of you, while you leave your family at home alone!? Wake up to the reality!!
Pauflex

Post by Pauflex »

I did euro tramping for the danes but got home 8 days a year suited me .finaly got divorced
Louisam

Post by Louisam »

Go get a job with a company in the EU better condition and better place to drive
Pauflex

Post by Pauflex »

Next year yor avin a larf .you dream of that grand .porki pia

Return to “HGV truck drivers looking for work | Employment wanted”