Hello everyone with a friend of mine we recently bought XLWB van and joined CX we have all the necessary insurance,

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Toni2ur

Hello everyone with a friend of mine we recently bought XLWB van and joined CX we have all the necessary insurance,

Post by Toni2ur »

Hello everyone with a friend of mine we recently bought XLWB van and joined CX we have all the necessary insurance, hire and reward, GIT up to 50k etc. but it feels like we’re not getting the right pricing per mile 1.17-1, 40£ depending of the load and location. Is anyone willing to give us a bit more information for current charges please?
We’re based in Cheltenham and pretty much looking for all loads in 50 miles radius.
Thank you!
Leenter

Re: Hello everyone with a friend of mine we recently bought XLWB van and joined CX we have all the necessary insurance,

Post by Leenter »

Unfortunately mate you’ve joined a back load site and you will struggle to get loads away from home. There will be 100s of drivers around your location ready and willing to undercut that to get themselves home.
Toni2ur

Re: Hello everyone with a friend of mine we recently bought XLWB van and joined CX we have all the necessary insurance,

Post by Toni2ur »

Leenter wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:25 pm Unfortunately mate you’ve joined a back load site and you will struggle to get loads away from home. There will be 100s of drivers around your location ready and willing to undercut that to get themselves home.
Thanks for the info
Martium

Post by Martium »

Toni2ur wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:26 pm
Leenter wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:25 pm Unfortunately mate you’ve joined a back load site and you will struggle to get loads away from home. There will be 100s of drivers around your location ready and willing to undercut that to get themselves home.
Thanks for the info
Agree with Leenter.
Krzesol

Post by Krzesol »

agree
Paultern

Post by Paultern »

This time of year is really quiet, plus hundreds of drivers jumping on a handful of jobs, sign up for free to quote man and a van.
Jammsta

Post by Jammsta »

Paultern wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:28 pm This time of year is really quiet, plus hundreds of drivers jumping on a handful of jobs, sign up for free to quote man and a van.
what's that?
Paultern

Post by Paultern »

Jammsta wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:28 pm
Paultern wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:28 pm This time of year is really quiet, plus hundreds of drivers jumping on a handful of jobs, sign up for free to quote man and a van.
what's that?
it’s a moving site, mainly student moves, you set your prices, and then either bid on jobs, or they come to you if the prices are good
danielEE

Post by danielEE »

Paultern wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:29 pm
what's that?
it’s a moving site, mainly student moves, you set your prices, and then either bid on jobs, or they come to you if the prices are good
you got a link for this pal
Jammsta

Post by Jammsta »

what's that?
sounds interesting can you post the link please
Paultern

Post by Paultern »

Jammsta wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:30 pm

what's that?
unable to post links, just Google compare the man and the van
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (46.2 KiB) Viewed 490 times
Jammsta

Post by Jammsta »

Paultern wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:31 pm

Cheers bud I've signed up to a couple others too
Jammsta

Post by Jammsta »

I've signed up
Input all my documents but having a few issues
Paultern

Post by Paultern »

Jammsta wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:32 pm

I've signed up
such as?
Jammsta

Post by Jammsta »

Paultern wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:33 pm

I've signed up
such as?
I'm filling in the pricing and van location sections but they stay red even when I save it
Paultern

Post by Paultern »

Jammsta wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:33 pm

I've signed up
such as?
I'm filling in the pricing and van location sections but they stay red even when I save it
strange
Grahamoll

Post by Grahamoll »

Paultern wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:34 pm

such as?
strange
you got the link mate? Searched google but my eyes don’t see it…
Paultern

Post by Paultern »

Grahamoll wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:34 pm
Paultern wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:34 pm

strange
you got the link mate? Searched google but my eyes don’t see it…
type in to Google, then the bars top left, click that, and then the “driver” section
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (34.38 KiB) Viewed 477 times
Davoxia

Post by Davoxia »

Pay attention to the regular jobs, get in touch with your local speedy freight or equivalent and introduce yourself. I’ve done alright on CX for 2 years now, but it is quiet at this time of year but will pick up
Toni2ur

Post by Toni2ur »

Davoxia wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:36 pm Pay attention to the regular jobs, get in touch with your local speedy freight or equivalent and introduce yourself. I’ve done alright on CX for 2 years now, but it is quiet at this time of year but will pick up
That’s pretty good advice thank you!
Andrilly

Post by Andrilly »

Davoxia wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:36 pm Pay attention to the regular jobs, get in touch with your local speedy freight or equivalent and introduce yourself. I’ve done alright on CX for 2 years now, but it is quiet at this time of year but will pick up
agreed with this.
City sprint too
Briant

Post by Briant »

will start pick up around may but even that time is uncertain as we are in the recession
Bobsser

Post by Bobsser »

LWB and XLWB jobs if I post these jobs I get quotes ranging from 65p-85p per loaded mile Swindon Cheltenhm area
Toni2ur

Post by Toni2ur »

Bobsser wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:39 pm LWB and XLWB jobs if I post these jobs I get quotes ranging from 65p-85p per loaded mile Swindon Cheltenhm area
Thanks for sharing this man!
MMatei8

Post by MMatei8 »

Toni2ur wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:39 pm
Bobsser wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:39 pm LWB and XLWB jobs if I post these jobs I get quotes ranging from 65p-85p per loaded mile Swindon Cheltenhm area
If you take advice from all of lentry levels over here you’ll go bankrupt in maximum 2-3 weeks..
Now If you really want to challenge yourself and like this industry, you should start learning it first, see if you really like all the process a company has to go trough etc. have an realistic overview ( that means investing 15-20 k this year and don’t hope yo get 20% returns).. we already are in a recession since last year, so you don’t have a strong background in this business or any, and if you’re not a learning machine and wiled to work 15-17 hours/ day.. good luck on what is coming
Toni2ur

Post by Toni2ur »

MMatei8 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:41 pm
Toni2ur wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:39 pm
If you take advice from all of lentry levels over here you’ll go bankrupt in maximum 2-3 weeks..
Now If you really want to challenge yourself and like this industry, you should start learning it first, see if you really like all the process a company has to go trough etc. have an realistic overview ( that means investing 15-20 k this year and don’t hope yo get 20% returns).. we already are in a recession since last year, so you don’t have a strong background in this business or any, and if you’re not a learning machine and wiled to work 15-17 hours/ day.. good luck on what is coming
Thanks
neilYYY

Post by neilYYY »

Do a lot of door knocking at local businesses, leave a flyer, get the name of the distribution manager and follow it up with a call. You’ve got to get out there and find the work
Toni2ur

Post by Toni2ur »

neilYYY wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:42 pm Do a lot of door knocking at local businesses, leave a flyer, get the name of the distribution manager and follow it up with a call. You’ve got to get out there and find the work
🔝🔝🔝
AnnJo

Post by AnnJo »

You done very well finding a job on cx that pay £1.17 per miles. Around Birmingham it is £0.40 to £0.90 per loading miles. Keeping going mate.
JayRee

Post by JayRee »

Hi can you PM me your details please. I run a logistics company in Worcester, we regularly have trips for our customers in Worcestershire and Gloucestershire, always good to know more LWB/XLWB drivers 👍🏻
Aidener

Post by Aidener »

These guys are right, this time of year is always shite and this year is even worse than usual.
I have done fantastically well on CX for years, both taking work off it and covering jobs for my own clients. However over the last few years I think it has declined significantly. There was a time that I could pick a job up within an hour or two around major city my vehicles had tipped in. These days its pot luck and more than half the time our trucks come back empty. So many of the companies that used to put work on there have either ceased trading or just left CX.
All things run their course I guess.
This year we are struggling but if we didnt have our own clients we would have ceased trading long ago. Assuming we get through this sh*t, this year I will be concentrating on taking on more clients and weaning ourselves off CX. Sad after many good years on there but you cant hold back the tide of change.
If it's your only income you have my deepest sympathy.
Toni2ur

Post by Toni2ur »

Aidener wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:47 pm These guys are right, this time of year is always shite and this year is even worse than usual.
I have done fantastically well on CX for years, both taking work off it and covering jobs for my own clients. However over the last few years I think it has declined significantly. There was a time that I could pick a job up within an hour or two around major city my vehicles had tipped in. These days its pot luck and more than half the time our trucks come back empty. So many of the companies that used to put work on there have either ceased trading or just left CX.
All things run their course I guess.
This year we are struggling but if we didnt have our own clients we would have ceased trading long ago. Assuming we get through this sh*t, this year I will be concentrating on taking on more clients and weaning ourselves off CX. Sad after many good years on there but you cant hold back the tide of change.
If it's your only income you have my deepest sympathy.
Thank you! Only on CX for now but we haven’t stopped sending emails for potential customers.
🔝🔝🔝
ChrisPH

Post by ChrisPH »

I left CX almost 20 years ago. It is absolutely pointless now. Knock on doors, network yourself. Im winding down bit by bit now. Because im old and this industry is a race to the bottom now. I was lucky and got into this by accident at a time when there were only a few of us. Diesel was cheap. Money was great and I never bothered with return loads as I rushed back for the next job. Rushing around Europe equip with your vehicle docs and CMR. .....and a kettle! How things have changed, eh?
Walleric

Post by Walleric »

ChrisPH wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:50 pm I left CX almost 20 years ago. It is absolutely pointless now. Knock on doors, network yourself. Im winding down bit by bit now. Because im old and this industry is a race to the bottom now. I was lucky and got into this by accident at a time when there were only a few of us. Diesel was cheap. Money was great and I never bothered with return loads as I rushed back for the next job. Rushing around Europe equip with your vehicle docs and CMR. .....and a kettle! How things have changed, eh?
same here but the job was a lot more difficult then with a map and a to z and no sat nav
ChrisPH

Post by ChrisPH »

Walleric wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:51 pm
ChrisPH wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:50 pm I left CX almost 20 years ago. It is absolutely pointless now. Knock on doors, network yourself. Im winding down bit by bit now. Because im old and this industry is a race to the bottom now. I was lucky and got into this by accident at a time when there were only a few of us. Diesel was cheap. Money was great and I never bothered with return loads as I rushed back for the next job. Rushing around Europe equip with your vehicle docs and CMR. .....and a kettle! How things have changed, eh?
same here but the job was a lot more difficult then with a map and a to z and no sat nav
ha ha! That's very true. Thats why there were very few of us. I remember wondering around Paderborn Germany at 3am ish in the morning looking for Bentler (motor manufacture) to find they had 3 sites there. Of course it was the last one! Thank got for the British military police out there that escorted me to the right one in the end. Went there god knows how many times after that in my trusty twin wheel under powered transit! I carried a host of spares and my tool box! Always something breaking bless it! Good times though.
Ryanio

Post by Ryanio »

I quit CX 1year ago..sh*t loads everybody's want to pay 80-90p/mile on a XLWB..now I do private hire with small car and I earn more than £2/mile..my advice...QUIT

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”