Afternoon, If you had this on the dash and your MP assured you it was faulty sensor, new one ordered would it be

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
GeoffNeo

Afternoon, If you had this on the dash and your MP assured you it was faulty sensor, new one ordered would it be

Post by GeoffNeo »

Afternoon, If you had this on the dash and your MP assured you it was faulty sensor, new one ordered would it be deemed safe to use?
Thanks
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (22.03 KiB) Viewed 326 times
Bobsser

Re: Afternoon, If you had this on the dash and your MP assured you it was faulty sensor, new one ordered would it be

Post by Bobsser »

Have you got it in writing that they are deeming it safe?
Sineadd

Re: Afternoon, If you had this on the dash and your MP assured you it was faulty sensor, new one ordered would it be

Post by Sineadd »

Bobsser wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:33 pm Have you got it in writing that they are deeming it safe?
wouldn’t be worth the paper it’s written on, driver is always responsible for the condition of a vehicle they are driving
Bobsser

Post by Bobsser »

Sineadd wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:34 pm
Bobsser wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:33 pm Have you got it in writing that they are deeming it safe?
wouldn’t be worth the paper it’s written on, driver is always responsible for the condition of a vehicle they are driving
agreed but I am aiming it at the MP to provide firm evidence that vehicle is safe to drive. Remember every driver drives a vehicle that’s deemed safe by a MP each day so what makes this any different?
GeoffNeo

Post by GeoffNeo »

would be no problem to get that
Bobsser

Post by Bobsser »

GeoffNeo wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:35 pm
they tend to change attitude when asked for it in writing.
GeoffNeo

Post by GeoffNeo »

Bobsser wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:35 pm
The driver wants to (and probably already has) swapped trucks I’m just enquiring whether it would be a pg9 or fine at roadside based on the MP assessment.
Bobsser

Post by Bobsser »

GeoffNeo wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:36 pm

The driver wants to (and probably already has) swapped trucks I’m just enquiring whether it would be a pg9 or fine at roadside based on the MP assessment.
I don’t blame the driver to be fair. As for the PG9 aspect I am not sure
GeoffNeo

Post by GeoffNeo »

Bobsser wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:36 pm

I’m not blaming the driver mate, he’s going in his instinct, there was nobody around at his start time, I’m just curious and building my own knowledge base of what defects mean you can still drive if need be
Bobsser

Post by Bobsser »

GeoffNeo wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:37 pm
Bobsser wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:36 pm

I’m not blaming the driver mate, he’s going in his instinct, there was nobody around at his start time, I’m just curious and building my own knowledge base of what defects mean you can still drive if need be
your never build that knowledge base mate too many variables and always reliant on others which is what makes it so difficult. Gut feeling often helps
Willeric

Post by Willeric »

this would be a PG9. There is a fault with the locking mechanism for the cab. End result would be cab tipping forwards under breaking. Resulting in the driver being unable to control the vehicle properly.
Prevention is better than cure.
Bobsser

Post by Bobsser »

Willeric wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:38 pm
this would be a PG9. There is a fault with the locking mechanism for the cab. End result would be cab tipping forwards under breaking. Resulting in the driver being unable to control the vehicle properly.
Prevention is better than cure.
agreed but the first post states sensor fault not mechanism fault. Personally I’d go with park it up until fixed. My point was that issues like this need to be in writing when MP’s try to deem vehicles roadworthy or not.
Cailumac

Post by Cailumac »

You should always ask the question, if the DVSA pulled the vehicle over would it be issued with a PG9? if so, then do not drive until rectified.
Jimmco

Post by Jimmco »

Stick your head behind the cab and have a look at the locks if they are locked then I don’t see a problem. If you do t know what you’re looking for ask the fitter to show you
Dennera

Post by Dennera »

Has the MP seen and assessed the truck or just verbally said this is what I think it is over the phone. If they seen it and will put in writing should be ok. But of you have a spare truck then swap it and don't run the risk
MMarchy

Post by MMarchy »

Simple answer - would it pass an MOT like that ? The answer is no, so should it be on the road? The answer is no
GeoffNeo

Post by GeoffNeo »

MMarchy wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:40 pm Simple answer - would it pass an MOT like that ? The answer is no, so should it be on the road? The answer is no
thanks good way of thinking I suppose
MMarchy

Post by MMarchy »

GeoffNeo wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:40 pm
MMarchy wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:40 pm Simple answer - would it pass an MOT like that ? The answer is no, so should it be on the road? The answer is no
logic really 👍
GeoffNeo

Post by GeoffNeo »

MMarchy wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:41 pm
logic really 👍
don’t rub it in 😂
MMarchy

Post by MMarchy »

GeoffNeo wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:41 pm
MMarchy wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:41 pm

logic really 👍
don’t rub it in 😂
sorry 😁
Lagancy

Post by Lagancy »

I would want it in writing with confirmation that a new sensor had been ordered and a slot in workshop allocated for fitting as soon as it was in. (I suspect that none of that would be forthcoming from MP 🙃)
GeoffNeo

Post by GeoffNeo »

Lagancy wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:42 pm I would want it in writing with confirmation that a new sensor had been ordered and a slot in workshop allocated for fitting as soon as it was in. (I suspect that none of that would be forthcoming from MP 🙃)
they would, he’s spot on with sticking to schedules and repairs etc.
Theepro

Post by Theepro »

No that vehicle is VOR until repaired.. you got to remember as the driver it's your licence..
GeoffNeo

Post by GeoffNeo »

Thanks everyone for the comments

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”