Can all you drivers look after your small businesses. Set the right price for the jobs your doing compared to the

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
paemplet01

Can all you drivers look after your small businesses. Set the right price for the jobs your doing compared to the

Post by paemplet01 »

Can all you drivers
look after your small businesses. Set the right price for the jobs your doing compared to the rise of diesel prices and other expenses you have to pay. Don't just go to work for the sake of working, work for the right reasons that will benefit you, even during busy times in CX or not.
Luton van from £1.60/mile minimum
XLWB or LWB from £1.40/mile minimum
MWB, Small van minimum £1.10-1.20/ mile
ChGlimmer

Re: Can all you drivers look after your small businesses. Set the right price for the jobs your doing compared to the

Post by ChGlimmer »

It would be nice if that were the case, but many of us get out of bed just to leave the house and not to earn a day's work... There are even couriers who go for 0.50 per mile.
davSmart

Re: Can all you drivers look after your small businesses. Set the right price for the jobs your doing compared to the

Post by davSmart »

ChGlimmer wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:58 pm It would be nice if that were the case, but many of us get out of bed just to leave the house and not to earn a day's work... There are even couriers who go for 0.50 per mile.
to many of them probably with no insurance and a sh*t van
ChGlimmer

Post by ChGlimmer »

davSmart wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:58 pm
ChGlimmer wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:58 pm It would be nice if that were the case, but many of us get out of bed just to leave the house and not to earn a day's work... There are even couriers who go for 0.50 per mile.
this is true, but besides this there are many foreign vans all over England that are not registered here
davSmart

Post by davSmart »

ChGlimmer wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:59 pm
this is true, but besides this there are many foreign vans all over England that are not registered here
ye polish and Romanian. See a lot of them parked in the lay-bys waiting-on work
ChGlimmer

Post by ChGlimmer »

davSmart wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:59 pm
ChGlimmer wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:59 pm

ye polish and Romanian. See a lot of them parked in the lay-bys waiting-on work
was exactly what I meant, that's the real reason why the prices have dropped so much, It's not fair for those who work and pay taxes here.
Coxtechmn2

Post by Coxtechmn2 »

Diesel has decreased in price
ralkree33

Post by ralkree33 »

Coxtechmn2 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:00 pm Diesel has decreased in price
that is true, 114.45 plus vat for next week. But all the other expenses are high in the sky.
MaChrono

Post by MaChrono »

How much do you think courier companies charge there end users?
Do you think they can subcontract it for the prices you are asking?
briRazu

Post by briRazu »

MaChrono wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:01 pm How much do you think courier companies charge there end users?
they charge between £2.00-£2.25 for luton van, so i agree a luton shouldn’t go for any less than £1.6. They also charge between £1.60-£1.90 for LWB and XLWB , so definitely you should not go for less than £1.4. I don’t know anything about smaller vehicles tho 🤷‍♂️
MaChrono

Post by MaChrono »

briRazu wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:02 pm
MaChrono wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:01 pm How much do you think courier companies charge there end users?
they charge between £2.00-£2.25 for luton van, so i agree a luton shouldn’t go for any less than £1.6. They also charge between £1.60-£1.90 for LWB and XLWB , so definitely you should not go for less than £1.4. I don’t know anything about smaller vehicles tho 🤷‍♂️
I agree for Luton vans but the rest in my opinion is to much.
I aim to pay my subcontractors 70% of what I’m charging my end user.
ChrWisdom

Post by ChrWisdom »

£2.25 fir a Luton… cuckoo land prices !!!!
pottasur44

Post by pottasur44 »

is this what you charge your customers?
1.90 for Lwb? Or is what just heard from others.
briRazu

Post by briRazu »

pottasur44 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:03 pm
is this what you charge your customers?
1.90 for Lwb? Or is what just heard from others.
£1.60-£1.70 for LWB , £1.80-£1.90 for XLWB. I haven’t heard from others. Pretend to be a Speedy Freight customer or City Sprint or ASAP, ring them, and see how much they’d charge you. I’ve already done that and yes i charge my end customers £2.00 for XLWB but not on CX, on CX it’s more like £1.50
briRazu

Post by briRazu »

MaChrono wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:02 pm
I agree for Luton vans but the rest in my opinion is to much.
I aim to pay my subcontractors 70% of what I’m charging my end user.
fair enough
ovillog18

Post by ovillog18 »

Looks like you want the whole cut!
IanCent

Post by IanCent »

Try to explain to anyone who’s bidding 50p/60p per mile..
anryad16

Post by anryad16 »

IanCent wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:06 pm Try to explain to anyone who’s bidding 50p/60p per mile..
why would they, it is costing 19ppm just in fuel for a LWB.
davSmart

Post by davSmart »

IanCent wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:06 pm Try to explain to anyone who’s bidding 50p/60p per mile..
exactly that’s the issue we have
dannetsq08

Post by dannetsq08 »

Tell you what....if you don't tell me how to run a courier company I'll not tell you how to flip hamburgers,
PhiyssecuBe

Post by PhiyssecuBe »

I wish I'd had expert advice like this when I started. Obviously I'd be a millionaire now.
orcomater40

Post by orcomater40 »

Fully how diesels come down a huge amount
RopRowan

Post by RopRowan »

Sounds like hes just trying to get all others to bid high so he can sneak in at lower prices and have it all to himself seen it many many times in all types of contracting work before
StrSteel

Post by StrSteel »

Yeah right, and spend all day at home bidding for jobs you won’t get, very good advice, not!
andDunned

Post by andDunned »

Pence per mile means nothing when the length of the job isn't given, if it's a job as a subcontractor you can't expect them rates for a 100+ mile job, but then they'd be too low for a 20 mile job.
Bear in mind work through load boards like the CX is subcontracting to other transport companies, so not direct to customer.
Better rates are out there but that involves finding your own direct end customers, this takes a lot more work than subscribing to a load board and quoting for work.
jotinery15

Post by jotinery15 »

After a 5+ years, CX F__K O_F, waste of time
HarNess

Post by HarNess »

I run a 18 tonner for your Luton money and if I'm real lucky I get the job! Mines inspected every 6 weeks at £110 just for the privilege 🤣🤣🤣 you've give me a laugh though are you after a subby
grammerMr

Post by grammerMr »

No body pay that price..in EU pay 0.50-60€
Woolinxis

Post by Woolinxis »

Its the same old answer..get your own customers, and charge £2 per mile for luton van. Easier said than done, i know, but look after them, do the best you can for them, and they will prob stivk with you
NicSupreme

Post by NicSupreme »

Price per mile has gone right out of the window. If you're offered a job, it's a case of does it cover my fuel and pay me a day's money, after ex's
CalScree

Post by CalScree »

I don't understand why people without any of their own customers buy a van, jump on CX (designed for filling in dead miles) then expect regular work with top end rates. Sorry but imo it doesn't work that way and people who use CX (and other platforms) sensibly will always win the bidding war.
balYugi80

Post by balYugi80 »

I’d be going at least £2 a mile in a Luton?
Tomya99

Post by Tomya99 »

What people charge small van caddy size per mile?
garbesDj

Post by garbesDj »

Tomya99 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:18 pm What people charge small van caddy size per mile?
have you seen the price of a caddy?
Tomya99

Post by Tomya99 »

garbesDj wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:19 pm
Tomya99 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:18 pm What people charge small van caddy size per mile?
what price of van got do with it 😀😀😀😀
garbesDj

Post by garbesDj »

Tomya99 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:19 pm
garbesDj wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:19 pm
what price of van got do with it 😀😀😀😀
to most people in this industry nothing.......until you have to replace it
paemplet01

Post by paemplet01 »

Hi all guys working in Cx the problem is very quiet at moment and the Cx have very good sales manager and sell lots of memberships and they doesn't care about all drivers they can make money or not they should to think about how many jobs posted in Cx and and how many drivers and make a balance and not sell more memberships but unfortunately they doesn't care about this and now drivers losing and lost of money everyday and work for penny and forwarding company make lots of money this is situation
At the moment just Cx can stopped all this war with cheap prices or to be automatically prices how is relay amazon minimum price per miles depends on distance in another case is not working
Thanks
ianyssaha

Post by ianyssaha »

While it is good advice, no one going to ever follow it.
Anddboxem

Post by Anddboxem »

I ask for less than that in an artic 🤣🤣🤣
Good luck

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”