Question for those drivers who regularly travel up and down the A9 (Scotland). Average speed cameras literally along

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
rydAnguris

Re: Question for those drivers who regularly travel up and down the A9 (Scotland). Average speed cameras literally along

Post by rydAnguris »

crestfallen wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:46 am I'm sorry if this offends, but what difference does 2 or 3 mph faster?
One of my old dads sayings was, BETTER LATE THAN DEAD. Simple as!!
2/3 mile a hour in a 9 hour day makes the difference of getting the job done to loosing the last job on a Friday that could be your profit
Wyaluggen

Re: Question for those drivers who regularly travel up and down the A9 (Scotland). Average speed cameras literally along

Post by Wyaluggen »

rydAnguris wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:47 am
crestfallen wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:46 am I'm sorry if this offends, but what difference does 2 or 3 mph faster?
2/3 mile a hour in a 9 hour day makes the difference of getting the job done to loosing the last job on a Friday that could be your profit
that's a really flawed argument.
gleGlover

Post by gleGlover »

2 or 3 faster means the recovery surgeon rushes or not to get you out when you have angled something in the dark....
Pizzazz69

Post by Pizzazz69 »

my favorite saying "you only get dead once"..
DaRodeo

Post by DaRodeo »

If you are getting £28 an hour or £1250 a week like most drivers say they are getting on here ? Then what’s the rush I would do 49mph just to hang it out 👏👏
beganBan

Post by beganBan »

If it says 50, do 50. I wouldn't complicate it.
fatuous01

Post by fatuous01 »

Was caught up in a fatal on there a few years ago fo 9 hours when a woman hit a bus, was talking to one of the traffic cops and mentioned about average speed he said they would sooner you run at 56 mph to stop drivers getting impatient doing risky over takes. Plus there's the lads running bulk tippers 2 loads a day from Inverness to Edinburgh they need to max it out , keep it at or below 56 they won't do anything over that you're fair game 😉
cantankerous

Post by cantankerous »

fatuous01 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:58 am Was caught up in a fatal on there a few years ago fo 9 hours when a woman hit a bus, was talking to one of the traffic cops and mentioned about average speed he said they would sooner you run at 56 mph to stop drivers getting impatient doing risky over takes. Plus there's the lads running bulk tippers 2 loads a day from Inverness to Edinburgh they need to max it out , keep it at or below 56 they won't do anything over that you're fair game 😉
2 loads a day Inverness too Edinburgh 😂😂😂😂
LawCritic

Post by LawCritic »

Math not a strong point then....what do the term average mean to you how do you understand the word?
Dont do hissy panties in your crack....to have an average you need 2,so far?
You can drop to 10 or up to 100 the avarge is 55 ...10+100=110÷ 2 = 55 hope it mages sense...
A 130mph lap of a track means you done over 200mph somewhere...
jonnytann

Post by jonnytann »

Flat out no bother, just watch for speed cameras on the dual sections.
Quisling

Post by Quisling »

Paid by the hour.....thanks "kerching"
finlay1Dander

Post by finlay1Dander »

Quisling wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:02 am Paid by the hour.....thanks "kerching"
job n knock.. elbow in old chap😉
Oxymoron

Post by Oxymoron »

On the limiter all the way an never had an issue
toadstool

Post by toadstool »

Oxymoron wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:06 am On the limiter all the way an never had an issue
me to keep it lit 🔥
Zeugma

Post by Zeugma »

Oxymoron wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:06 am On the limiter all the way an never had an issue
correct. I do it often enough to know 👌
NigMunde

Post by NigMunde »

Just cover you reg with ya kilt
discalceate

Post by discalceate »

Stick to the speed limits, points soon mount up for professional drivers!
Vuvuzela

Post by Vuvuzela »

Roadworks on the a9 didn’t see a thing 😎😎😂😂
stentheid52

Post by stentheid52 »

can someone help him out, in Scotland a lot recently..
quiddle45

Post by quiddle45 »

stentheid52 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:15 am can someone help him out, in Scotland a lot recently..
flat out need to knock the sat nav time down 🤣
TerrShang

Post by TerrShang »

quiddle45 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:17 am
stentheid52 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:15 am can someone help him out, in Scotland a lot recently..
flat out need to knock the sat nav time down 🤣
whoever doesn't do this as a driver needs to hand their keys in 😂😂
YulGlitz

Post by YulGlitz »

Flat out or bail out is the best answer lol
Goggles

Post by Goggles »

Sit at 50, paid by the hour, why tear about like a loony!!
kirLedger

Post by kirLedger »

Only way you will get caught is cameravan. On this road every week and a few times police pull up alongside and stick a thumbs down. I’m doing 58 though 😎
mrleobDuende

Post by mrleobDuende »

Raise it to 55 they wanna do 60…raise it to 60…they wanna do 65….raise it to 65………
indengo25

Post by indengo25 »

Never slowed down in a 50 (average speed) always carried on at 56 and never received a fine, i even overtook an unmarked 3 series with 2 coppers inside, they didn't care either
Irregenerate

Post by Irregenerate »

Limiter all the way for me and as for am paid by the hour lot well the limit on the dual carriageway in Scotland is 50mph so sit at 50mph on it but no you speed up to the limiter then back to 50 on single carriageway fuckin pain in the arse the lot of you pull over and let the traffic past and sit at the legal speed limit on the dual carriageway way and let folk past and let those that want to sit flat out all the way worry about there own license .🎣
matFerdy

Post by matFerdy »

Just sit back and relax enjoy
johrama33

Post by johrama33 »

Flat to the mat, no joke and no tickets. 👍🏻
nosography

Post by nosography »

A friend of mine is coming back to trucking as his class 2 but has let his medical run out but as been offered a job driving 7.5 wagon as he as grandfather rights to drive said wagon is he a loud as his licence says he can but not sure if he can with out the medical cheers in advance
Revtart11

Post by Revtart11 »

nosography wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:31 am A friend of mine is coming back to trucking as his class 2 but has let his medical run out but as been offered a job driving 7.5 wagon as he as grandfather rights to drive said wagon is he a loud as his licence says he can but not sure if he can with out the medical cheers in advance
pretty sure you can only use grandfather rights if your driving for personal use and not hire and reward
GleGlyph

Post by GleGlyph »

That trial period has been going at least 10 years that I know of lol n
cantankerous

Post by cantankerous »

GleGlyph wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:33 am That trial period has been going at least 10 years that I know of lol n
lol no it hasn’t
GleGlyph

Post by GleGlyph »

cantankerous wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:34 am
GleGlyph wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:33 am That trial period has been going at least 10 years that I know of lol n
lol no it hasn’t
I was doing petrol stations up there, ok, maybe 6 or 7 years ago thinking about it, and those signs were up then. So maybe not quite ten years but def getting on for.
venencia

Post by venencia »

cantankerous wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:34 am
lol no it hasn’t
not like Nicola Sturgeon to rush anything!!
Zymurgy

Post by Zymurgy »

Speed limit is 50.. so ermm, do 50?
fauMarcs

Post by fauMarcs »

Zymurgy wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:38 am Speed limit is 50.. so ermm, do 50?
is it 50 or average 50?
2 different things.
Grommet

Post by Grommet »

I did 56 60 other month and still heard nowt
pantsman1Aplomb

Post by pantsman1Aplomb »

If your company have signed up to the speed you can sit flat out. Talk to your transport manager 👍
Brainstorm

Post by Brainstorm »

I been up and down hundreds of times flat out and never been caught. Even had traffic police sitting behind me without me realizing and then I got to duel they start over taking me. 😂
tchaoGimpy

Post by tchaoGimpy »

I run up there on a weekly basis 56 mph the whole way never had a ticket yet
Umpteenth

Post by Umpteenth »

Average Speed camera's are set at 60, they can't distinguish between a car doing 60 and a lorry doing 56, otherwise all cars would be getting fines for doing over 50
DilTerrific

Post by DilTerrific »

Always flat out when I use to go to Invergordon! Never had an issue
iorRazor49

Post by iorRazor49 »

Police on a9 Road will tolerate 55 but don't get in an accident tolerance and law differently
Anstophe

Post by Anstophe »

Hgv more accurate speedometer
maoricMac

Post by maoricMac »

I’m positive they can’t differentiate between LGVs and Cars. 👍🏻
CopKentros

Post by CopKentros »

Flat out all the way, no issues for me, 👌
croinfo80

Post by croinfo80 »

A9 camera don't work a do that run every nite

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”