Only my second night out last night and I made a mistake with the tacho I have a reasonably good amount of knowledge

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Deltaness42

Re: Only my second night out last night and I made a mistake with the tacho I have a reasonably good amount of knowledge

Post by Deltaness42 »

tomography wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:23 am
Deltaness42 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:23 am Do a manual entry and correct it.
no it won't. You cannot change anything on your card once it is recorded.
well I can. And I do.
tomography

Re: Only my second night out last night and I made a mistake with the tacho I have a reasonably good amount of knowledge

Post by tomography »

Deltaness42 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:24 am
well I can. And I do.
no you can't, and no you don't.
Ambivalence

Post by Ambivalence »

well I can. And I do.
please explain how you would change that then?
Deltaness42

Post by Deltaness42 »

Ambivalence wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:24 am

well I can. And I do.
put your card in, do a manual entry. Change times and change the activity. If you know how to use the tacho then you will be OK.
Ambivalence

Post by Ambivalence »

Deltaness42 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:25 am
Ambivalence wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:24 am

well I can. And I do.
put your card in, do a manual entry. Change times and change the activity. If you know how to use the tacho then you will be OK.
lol
cenatory70

Post by cenatory70 »

Best way to cover yourself is to put the Card in at the beginning of the week and take it out at the end of the week. Under these new rules it makes life easier.
cenatory70

Post by cenatory70 »

Just remember to put it on rest at the end of the day and change it in the morning 😎
Arbuscle

Post by Arbuscle »

cenatory70 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:26 am Just remember to put it on rest at the end of the day and change it in the morning 😎
and end shift and then start shift the following day
Thymogenic

Post by Thymogenic »

cenatory70 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:26 am Best way to cover yourself is to put the Card in at the beginning of the week and take it out at the end of the week. Under these new rules it makes life easier.
still have to end shift and select end country etc.
endarchy

Post by endarchy »

I leave mine in, but at least once a month I forgot to slam it on break 😭😭
Lychgate

Post by Lychgate »

Write finish time down and when to start. With card out and tacho is on bedrest check your time off before card goes in. THINK be you act.
dioscuric35

Post by dioscuric35 »

If on night out, I would leave the card in but obviously on rest. Makes it easier to check how much rest you've had that way
lactogenic

Post by lactogenic »

I leave mine in from when I get in till when I get out, I used to take it out but its more hassle then it's worth and my new Volvo shows me all info I need if I leave it in and it works better
Hoplomachy

Post by Hoplomachy »

Just asked a bee in major while they go over my truck and he says as soon as it’s on break whether it’s in or out it’s off duty but they prefer if you are out all week to keep it in the tacho unit.
Bronchos

Post by Bronchos »

So wen u get back to yard and go home shit shower shave bedroom gymnastics with him or her don't u check wen restarting u have had minimum 9hrs off
orcomater40

Post by orcomater40 »

Why r u taking your card out if you are tramping put your card in at the start of your week and leave it in all week till u finished but put it on break for your 45 min or your over night or day break each day
sphingall

Post by sphingall »

Why take it out leave it in put it on break
Anatreptic

Post by Anatreptic »

YO leave it in set 0n rest set alarm for 9 hours then off you you go take care 🤘
gnosiology

Post by gnosiology »

Put the card in cash point clears it and spits it back out too, always work out ya shift hours on a 24 hour period and not your reductions of rest, always keep a 15 for a Friday so ya get home

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”