Question, If you drive for a company and they haven't insured the vehicle but you are unaware, if stopped will you

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Kittiwake

Re: Question, If you drive for a company and they haven't insured the vehicle but you are unaware, if stopped will you

Post by Kittiwake »

I carry a insurance note and a current MOT form and a goods intransit insurance, NOT copies, all paperwork for the trailer, it’s the law abroad
Arbuscle

Re: Question, If you drive for a company and they haven't insured the vehicle but you are unaware, if stopped will you

Post by Arbuscle »

Any of you drivers saying the driver is responsible actually check everyday if there vehicle is insured 🤔 I think not
rainmaker

Post by rainmaker »

the drivers responsibility to make sure it mate
Quizzity

Post by Quizzity »

we are not regarded as professional drivers until it goes wrong.
phoenix20

Post by phoenix20 »

Are you for real or just trolling
Gubbins

Post by Gubbins »

I once got a brand new truck, after driving it around for 2 weeks I was then told it doesn’t have insurance on it and it would be sorted soon so not to worry…
Varsovienne

Post by Varsovienne »

Gubbins wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:32 pm I once got a brand new truck, after driving it around for 2 weeks I was then told it doesn’t have insurance on it and it would be sorted soon so not to worry…
your not responsible for it mate. Visual vehicle checks and road worthiness and a filled in check sheet and that's you done mate. All the legalities fall on the company or O licience holder
capeline

Post by capeline »

Don't matter they take the vehicle from you
ricochet93

Post by ricochet93 »

If it’s a company vehicle you are liable for carrying out checks. However, I’ve known different constabularies let the individual off of the employer admits liability
Emicate10

Post by Emicate10 »

If you are driving it when not insured, 6 points
Revtart11

Post by Revtart11 »

Right a lot saying they take the vehicle, well my mate didn't the other day he just got told to get it insured and on your way

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”