I wouldn’t be thinking about changing jobs just now and I’m certainly glad I’m not relying on an agency to get me

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Boondocks

Re: I wouldn’t be thinking about changing jobs just now and I’m certainly glad I’m not relying on an agency to get me

Post by Boondocks »

durianOssia wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:40 am We're sending our money to Ukraine because the TV people told us that Russia was very very bad.
I'm more than open to the idea that the US caused the Russian invasions of Ukraine, but I really don't think anyone can argue against the Russian conduct of the war being overly brutal and cruel on the civilian population and PWs
durianOssia

Re: I wouldn’t be thinking about changing jobs just now and I’m certainly glad I’m not relying on an agency to get me

Post by durianOssia »

Boondocks wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:40 am
durianOssia wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:40 am We're sending our money to Ukraine because the TV people told us that Russia was very very bad.
I'm more than open to the idea that the US caused the Russian invasions of Ukraine, but I really don't think anyone can argue against the Russian conduct of the war being overly brutal and cruel on the civilian population and PWs
if I was a Russian soldier, and I'd watched Russian men women and children being butchered in Donbass over the last 8 years, trust me, the Geneva Convention would be pretty much f**king void.
Boondocks

Post by Boondocks »

durianOssia wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:41 am
Boondocks wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:40 am
if I was a Russian soldier, and I'd watched Russian men women and children being butchered in Donbass over the last 8 years, trust me, the Geneva Convention would be pretty much f**king void.
but there "weren't any Russians in Donbass" they were all "local nationalists"...
stoMedium

Post by stoMedium »

I deliver to new home building sites. At the moment it's thriving can't keep up with demand. How long it lasts for is anybody's guess tho.
Petkersco

Post by Petkersco »

stoMedium wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:42 am I deliver to new home building sites. At the moment it's thriving can't keep up with demand. How long it lasts for is anybody's guess tho.
the way mortgages are going?
Construction always the first to feel a recession, but always the first out.
Hope I’m wrong.
stoMedium

Post by stoMedium »

Petkersco wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:42 am
stoMedium wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:42 am I deliver to new home building sites. At the moment it's thriving can't keep up with demand. How long it lasts for is anybody's guess tho.
the way mortgages are going?
Construction always the first to feel a recession, but always the first out.
Hope I’m wrong.
I'm just waiting for it to go tits up. The size of sum of the builds is ridiculous.
glyixeren60

Post by glyixeren60 »

You have not seen nothing yet. See what happens after this.
Petkersco

Post by Petkersco »

glyixeren60 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:45 am You have not seen nothing yet. See what happens after this.
exactly.
LosMorose

Post by LosMorose »

My observation from around 09’ was companies using agency more because of cost, flexibility and uncertainty.
kelKendo

Post by kelKendo »

Nobody to blame but OPEC and Putin!
Putin knew what he was doing and wouldn't mind betting a few other Russian allies are contributing!!
sphingall

Post by sphingall »

Just been told we are being laid off 😢

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”