I know a driver on analogue needs to keep 28+ current days charts. Do these charts need analyzing whilst

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Pritec

I know a driver on analogue needs to keep 28+ current days charts. Do these charts need analyzing whilst

Post by Pritec »

I know a driver on analogue needs to keep 28+ current days charts. Do these charts need analyzing whilst in his possession or is it the norm to wait until the oldest week comes in. There are a couple of drivers that don’t bring in a steady stream of charts, I would expect 5 or 6 a week as the oldest week drops off the 28 day rule if that makes sense.
samarkle

Re: I know a driver on analogue needs to keep 28+ current days charts. Do these charts need analyzing whilst

Post by samarkle »

All charts, log books and printouts must be returned to the operator within 42 days, however, there is nothing preventing the operator from analysing any charts within the 28 day retention period, so long as the charts are returned to the driver whenever he/she is working to enable production if stopped by the police or DVSA.
Pritec

Re: I know a driver on analogue needs to keep 28+ current days charts. Do these charts need analyzing whilst

Post by Pritec »

samarkle wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:01 pm All charts, log books and printouts must be returned to the operator within 42 days, however, there is nothing preventing the operator from analysing any charts within the 28 day retention period, so long as the charts are returned to the driver whenever he/she is working to enable production if stopped by the police or DVSA.
Thankyou, this is what I wanted
rettlan

Post by rettlan »

I’ve never known any operator analyse them before the driver hands them in.
Pritec

Post by Pritec »

I’ve never had mine analyzed either when I was driving so thought the same. But I’m sure that the oldest week should be handed in therefore meaning there’s always some to analyses 🤷🏻‍♂️
danegra

Post by danegra »

Depends on the drivers.
I used to check one new drivers every few days, for weeks and weeks, till he got it right, and even then checked them weekly.
42 days old is the maximum a driver can have on him, and they hand any discs older than 29 days in each Monday, (well they did when we had analogue tacho’s).
louips

Post by louips »

Some companies have a chart scanner depending who analysis them and they are scanned every evening or every Monday so the drivers still keep for 28days, it’s quite good if you us this system so charts don’t get damaged

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”