What’s people thoughts on change of law that you can now take class 1 straight from normal car

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
JennKin

What’s people thoughts on change of law that you can now take class 1 straight from normal car

Post by JennKin »

What’s people thoughts on change of law that you can now take class 1 straight from normal car license why I ask is my husband been driving 7.5 for 9 years now he decided to take lessons in class 1 he had his test on Thursday his instructor was very pleased with his driving and said he was ready and should pass so day of his test examiner asked for a look at his license he shuck his head straight from car to class1 should done class 2 first anyway he failed as he miss read a sign and planned his route as he thought was correct lane on approach to the roundabout it turned out lane he need to take was only one lane until he got halfway around couldn’t get over safely so cancelled flasher checked mirrors continued in lane he was in
Jorhino

Re: What’s people thoughts on change of law that you can now take class 1 straight from normal car

Post by Jorhino »

Not enough practice on the test route
JennKin

Re: What’s people thoughts on change of law that you can now take class 1 straight from normal car

Post by JennKin »

Jorhino wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:05 pm Not enough practice on the test route
my husband can’t fault his instructor at all he took him around all the normal routes examiner took him around loads of tight roundabout narrow roads built up areas never hit or caused anyone to stop Or slow down examiner said caused confusion to other drivers instructor said it was a minor at most but book up for resit asked how many lessons he need before instructor reply none
Jorhino

Post by Jorhino »

JennKin wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:05 pm
my husband can’t fault his instructor at all he took him around all the normal routes examiner took him around loads of tight roundabout narrow roads built up areas never hit or caused anyone to stop Or slow down examiner said caused confusion to other drivers instructor said it was a minor at most but book up for resit asked how many lessons he need before instructor reply none
examiners expect a high level of driving skill c + e. Getting in the wrong lane at a roundabout isn't skill. Better luck next time
JennKin

Post by JennKin »

Jorhino wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:06 pm
examiners expect a high level of driving skill c + e. Getting in the wrong lane at a roundabout isn't skill. Better luck next time
he’s gutted but not given up hopefully he gets an examiner that doesn’t have chip on his shoulder about law change what makes it worse he never pulled my husband up for not wearing his glasses he forgot to wear them nerves
Jorhino

Post by Jorhino »

JennKin wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:07 pm

he’s gutted but not given up hopefully he gets an examiner that doesn’t have chip on his shoulder about law change what makes it worse he never pulled my husband up for not wearing his glasses he forgot to wear them nerves
most hgv examiners are unfriendly and put on the pressure they've only got 1 hour to make a decision about your safe driving
JennKin

Post by JennKin »

Jorhino wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:12 pm
JennKin wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:07 pm

most hgv examiners are unfriendly and put on the pressure they've only got 1 hour to make a decision about your safe driving
very understandable got to be safe but could tell he had chip on his shoulder way he was going on with my husband he took me back over route he was taken on it was very tight in some areas but he’s dusted himself down paid for retest £500 lighter in our account but he get there he’s a fighter had throat cancer but doesn’t stop him what he wants to do in life
Scmuch

Post by Scmuch »

500 to retest?
JennKin

Post by JennKin »

Scmuch wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:17 pm500 to retest?
yes he’s already paid it just waiting on confirmation
Scmuch

Post by Scmuch »

JennKin wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:17 pm
same here. Good luck to him.
JennKin

Post by JennKin »

Scmuch wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:18 pm
JennKin wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:17 pm
same here. Good luck to him.
thanks good luck to you too
Mantopp

Post by Mantopp »

I did it in December, passed with 2 minors, biggest thing I'd driven before was a van. I also didn't get to practice on the test route as was in a different city to where I live. Now changed career and drive class 1 full time. It is doable. Hopefully he rebooks 😊
JennKin

Post by JennKin »

Mantopp wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:20 pm I did it in December, passed with 2 minors, biggest thing I'd driven before was a van. I also didn't get to practice on the test route as was in a different city to where I live. Now changed career and drive class 1 full time. It is doable. Hopefully he rebooks 😊
he has he’s gutted he looked at road sign looked at roundabout layout way lanes were he thought one went on a1 north two to go straight over and two for a1 south as he went over roundabout notice on ground painted very faint but three lane to go straight over
Mantopp

Post by Mantopp »

JennKin wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:21 pm
Mantopp wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:20 pm I did it in December, passed with 2 minors, biggest thing I'd driven before was a van. I also didn't get to practice on the test route as was in a different city to where I live. Now changed career and drive class 1 full time. It is doable. Hopefully he rebooks 😊
he has he’s gutted he looked at road sign looked at roundabout layout way lanes were he thought one went on a1 north two to go straight over and two for a1 south as he went over roundabout notice on ground painted very faint but three lane to go straight over
gutted! Have a go at the routes again if his instructor is giving him more time. I was lucky my examiner was a MOD examiner drafted in to help at the time and was super friendly and put me at ease. He'll nail it next time I'm sure 😁
JennKin

Post by JennKin »

Mantopp wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:21 pm
gutted! Have a go at the routes again if his instructor is giving him more time. I was lucky my examiner was a MOD examiner drafted in to help at the time and was super friendly and put me at ease. He'll nail it next time I'm sure 😁
he can’t fault his instructor examiner doesn’t like idea going from car to class 1 told husband should be doing class 2 first
Mantopp

Post by Mantopp »

JennKin wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:22 pm
Mantopp wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:21 pm

he can’t fault his instructor examiner doesn’t like idea going from car to class 1 told husband should be doing class 2 first
well its perfectly acceptable now, if its the examiner like it, fingers crossed he gets a different one who's not so opinionated next time

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”