Does the issuing of an MOT certificate cover the 8-week inspection or do I need a separate 8-week, Inspection sheet?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Girskyiv

Does the issuing of an MOT certificate cover the 8-week inspection or do I need a separate 8-week, Inspection sheet?

Post by Girskyiv »

If a PSV has an MOT due date and an 8-week Inspection date within a couple of days of each other, can the two be completed at the same time or do they need to be different entities? Does the issuing of an MOT certificate cover the 8-week inspection or do I need a separate 8-week, Inspection sheet? Thanks in advance
illwamp

Re: Does the issuing of an MOT certificate cover the 8-week inspection or do I need a separate 8-week, Inspection sheet?

Post by illwamp »

An MOT does not override a PMI, both should be completed, a good idea is to use your pre mot inspection as the PMI (get it documented) that way you don’t need to take the vehicle of the road the following week for its PMI.
Pawelix

Re: Does the issuing of an MOT certificate cover the 8-week inspection or do I need a separate 8-week, Inspection sheet?

Post by Pawelix »

rachmee wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:23 am8 week?
yes can be 10 as well.
mylesky

Post by mylesky »

Pawelix wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:24 am
yes can be 10 as well.
even if in the application mentioned 6 weeks?
Pawelix

Post by Pawelix »

mylesky wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:25 am
yes can be 10 as well.
suggested 6 can be 4 as well if is working day and night and the mileage is high is always depends how you use it, if I have a vehicle that does 1000-2.000 miles a month I’ll put it 13 weeks
mylesky

Post by mylesky »

Pawelix wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:25 am

yes can be 10 as well.
suggested 6 can be 4 as well if is working day and night and the mileage is high is always depends how you use it, if I have a vehicle that does 1000-2.000 miles a month I’ll put it 13 weeks
thanks for your answer!🙏
Pawelix

Post by Pawelix »

mylesky wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:26 am
Pawelix wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:25 am

thanks for your answer!🙏
oh wait…if you want to change the the inspection days you need to change it on the o license as well…maybe you’ll be asked why? If you use a bus only for weddings like two a month or maybe 0 you don’t put it 6 weeks inspection…on the other hand if you have a bus working 24 hours is better to reduce it to 4 weeks
Joquixio

Post by Joquixio »

Always remember that an MOT only declares the vehicle roadworthy at the precise moment that it is issued. A PMI should be a reasonable assurance that the vehicle is expected to remain roadworthy at least until the date of the next inspection, hence an MOT could never take the place of a PMI.
paulifly

Post by paulifly »

Mot prep can be classed as PMI
Maivervi

Post by Maivervi »

Had the same question 2 weeks ago, but our provider said that MOT doesn't pass over the PMI!
It should be done additional as is scheduled!
daspixo

Post by daspixo »

You need to do both.
Best to do the PMI as the Pre MOT check.
wrigan

Post by wrigan »

We always plan an inspection a couple of days before an MOT, this means we should have no problem passing the MOT. A failed MOT affects your scores but it also shows that the person doing your inspections may not be doing the job correctly.

Return to “Maintenance companies and mechanics | General discussions”