Haulage Exchange is turning into an outright fraud.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Admin5

Haulage Exchange is turning into an outright fraud.

Post by Admin5 »

Haulage Exchange is turning into an outright fraud. I keep hearing from operators about blatant lies by their salesmen about the availability of loads but when they join and pay a non-refundable fee of £3,300 for a year in advance, they discover that there are very few loads available, not to mention that many pay very little and on 90-day terms. Haulage Exchange won't allow any free trial period, not even a day or two – that alone should dissuade anyone from joining and paying an outrageous annual fee in advance.
prester

Re: Haulage Exchange is turning into an outright fraud.

Post by prester »

Is this the same company who is also called Courier X (CX for short) (Courier Exchange for long)???
Nipinkv

Post by Nipinkv »

prester wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:10 am Is this the same company who is also called Courier X (CX for short) (Courier Exchange for long)???
HX is CX, but for vehicles over 7.5t
prester

Post by prester »

Nipinkv wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:11 am
prester wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:10 am Is this the same company who is also called Courier X (CX for short) (Courier Exchange for long)???
HX is CX, but for vehicles over 7.5t
about to PM you.
Darrexl

Post by Darrexl »

Yes
Kempling

Post by Kempling »

I would be careful using this company, I personally know
Hauliers who have not been paid and it has been months. One haulier is outstanding nearly 40k and haulage exchange aren’t even mediating let alone taking any responsibility
filipse

Post by filipse »

Kempling wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:17 am I would be careful using this company, I personally know
Hauliers who have not been paid and it has been months. One haulier is outstanding nearly 40k and haulage exchange aren’t even mediating let alone taking any responsibility
how long did it take to rack up £40k? 20 years?
Kempling

Post by Kempling »

filipse wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:17 am
Kempling wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:17 am I would be careful using this company, I personally know
how long did it take to rack up £40k? 20 years?
not me someone i know, this would have been over the Christmas period
viorega

Post by viorega »

I paid £3200 for subscription in march, i didn’t get even one job off that platform so far, it’s a scam and I advise everyone not to sign up.
What has heard is correct, i also know someone who didn’t get paid 30k.
Jasoneo

Post by Jasoneo »

Sounds like con men to me. Thanks for exposing them
Normaly

Post by Normaly »

Why are people still signing up to this crap!
parketh

Post by parketh »

I tried it and got nowhere, give it a miss.
Poppeye

Post by Poppeye »

sound true but any other alternatives you can recommend instead?
Peziken

Post by Peziken »

Poppeye wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:27 am sound true but any other alternatives you can recommend instead?
yes, find your own customers by selling your services directly.
Poppeye

Post by Poppeye »

Peziken wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:27 am
Poppeye wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:27 am sound true but any other alternatives you can recommend instead?
yes, find your own customers by selling your services directly.
nice alternative to HX
thx👍👍👍👍👍👍
Zadabw

Post by Zadabw »

I recently joined and paid £3600 infarct my membership fee money was made within first week, I am running a small company “HH brothers logistics ltd” only 2 trucks one of them being a 18ton ridged and second one is artic. I don’t believe the above claim if I am honest!!! You have to put some efforts in it and work will come it’s was finally I gotta say if u r in this field don’t only relay on Cx this platform should be mainly used for back loads. I am new in the game but must say can’t fault haulage exchange at all pal.
kietools

Post by kietools »

Zadabw wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:29 am I recently joined and paid £3600 infarct my membership fee money was made within first week, I am running a small company “HH brothers logistics ltd” only 2 trucks one of them being a 18ton ridged and second one is artic. I don’t believe the above claim if I am honest!!! You have to put some efforts in it and work will come it’s was finally I gotta say if u r in this field don’t only relay on Cx this platform should be mainly used for back loads. I am new in the game but must say can’t fault haulage exchange at all pal.
I use it and get plenty of work
Memlers

Post by Memlers »

I think UK loves scammers, that's why you vote for them
traccury

Post by traccury »

I joined last year, although I don’t particularly get work for my hiabs but I do get a lot of revenue sourcing other hgvs/vans etc for my customers. I made back my £3200 within the first months, there is plenty of work out there, in fact there’s not enough hgvs to cover the work that’s posted. So I totally disagree, I’m the customer mainly and I pay all my suppliers be it on the hx/cx 30 days from month end.
Sallield

Post by Sallield »

traccury wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:47 am I joined last year, although I don’t particularly get work for my hiabs but I do get a lot of revenue sourcing other hgvs/vans etc for my customers. I made back my £3200 within the first months, there is plenty of work out there, in fact there’s not enough hgvs to cover the work that’s posted. So I totally disagree, I’m the customer mainly and I pay all my suppliers be it on the hx/cx 30 days from month end.
I agree not much work for hiabs but I do think it's a good platform!
CanniCargo

Post by CanniCargo »

Be careful with this company. Make sure you record all phone calls with them. Ive had some really Bad experiences with them.
rinews

Post by rinews »

We joined more than a year ago and have done over 550 jobs through this platform and made some great contacts on top of this. It’s like anything, the more jobs you complete successfully the more people trust you and in turn phone you directly with more work.
Sallield

Post by Sallield »

Never had a problem and the 90 days payment terms were scrapped years ago ! It's the companies that set the payment terms some are 14 days from invoice .you can check on companies feedback too .wish this page was a bit more positive 😂
Wiella

Post by Wiella »

Sallield wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:54 am Never had a problem and the 90 days payment terms were scrapped years ago ! It's the companies that set the payment terms some are 14 days from invoice .you can check on companies feedback too .wish this page was a bit more positive 😂
the lady called me yesterday and gave me a demo. It seems ligit
Sallield

Post by Sallield »

Wiella wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:57 am
Sallield wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:54 am Never had a problem and the 90 days payment terms were scrapped years ago ! It's the companies that set the payment terms some are 14 days from invoice .you can check on companies feedback too .wish this page was a bit more positive 😂
the lady called me yesterday and gave me a demo. It seems ligit
it is 😀
irvinol

Post by irvinol »

It is definitely overpriced to join considering the revenue from it and I think it will self extinguish due to fuel prices and the lack of work and the bad experiences the people have in the hauliers-customers relationship and hauliers-admins communication
georgiou

Post by georgiou »

Had a few running's with this lot and their aggressive sales tactics...in essence, very overpriced and not worth the money!
cartemg

Post by cartemg »

They tried to get me to join a few years back. When they started asking for massive fee upfront alarm bells started ringing.
Garrette

Post by Garrette »

When you do use HX this is what you come up against. Quoted on Swindon to Dunstable they then send Melksham to Dunstable and wonder why you ask for more money.
Job declined..... go find some other idiot!!
Oh then they repost it as Swindon to Dunstable ffs
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (3.92 KiB) Viewed 2850 times
gerralone

Post by gerralone »

Cx used to be ok a few years back
But the idiots running for nothing started to ruin that.
The rates people offer are based on what the idiots will run for. If no one did the work the rates would go up
hoadpex

Post by hoadpex »

I run a small scaffolding company with an 18ton and an 7.5ton and a few small motors, ive just passed my C+E so was thinking of selling up to start a haulage company using the HX as my main form of work, Think im having second thoughts now.
Darrexl

Post by Darrexl »

hoadpex wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:07 pm I run a small scaffolding company with an 18ton and an 7.5ton and a few small motors, ive just passed my C+E so was thinking of selling up to start a haulage company using the HX as my main form of work, Think im having second thoughts now.
have those second thoughts, then have them a few more times.
clarkeyy

Post by clarkeyy »

You can count on HX only for backloads. Actually this is what they are advertising.
Get a website, make an online presence to give your business a bit of authority, and start reaching the customers directly.
The best recipe is to count 50% on direct customers and 50% on HX.
I can help you set up a website and a business email address.
https://www.theshippinghub.co.uk/
Cheers!
tetleed

Post by tetleed »

Most of us knew 20 years ago that Haulage Exchange was a massive con and a way to end up bankrupt but every year there are new operators and new transport managers coming into the industry convinced they can easily pick up contracts and make their fortune. Most of them would never have managed to get a CPC or Operator Licence without lots of help from folk who make money selling them this bullshit. Some of them ask such bone headed questions you actually wonder how they remember to breathe in and out. The haulage game is fucked, has been for more than 20 years and any work a new haulier can get is work than a more established haulier has already given up as unprofitable.
Darrexl

Post by Darrexl »

If you need to spend 3k to find out people want you to lend them a lot of money for 90+ days then the transport industry probably isn’t for you……
haeder

Post by haeder »

English get used stealing scamming thanks Putin is over ❤️
metoperf

Post by metoperf »

Return loads is cheaper but HX is easier to use, Just stop using it and customers will soon leave the platform once hauliers/competitive pricing disappears

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”