Hi.. Passed my C+E a few weeks ago. If anyone knows anywhere hiring would much appreciate.

Ads by truck drivers looking for work
McqGo

Hi.. Passed my C+E a few weeks ago. If anyone knows anywhere hiring would much appreciate.

Post by McqGo »

Hi.. Passed my C+E a few weeks ago. Not looking to give up my day job as a driving instructor, but would like to do some weekend trunking. Im based in Central belt Scotland. If anyone knows anywhere hiring would much appreciate. I have registered with a couple of agencies but no offers as yet.
Thanks.
ryannot

Re: Hi.. Passed my C+E a few weeks ago. If anyone knows anywhere hiring would much appreciate.

Post by ryannot »

Dont forget your adi hours count as other work and you need 45 hours straight un interupted off every other week an 24 hours off on the other week. Your adi pay will be higher than CE pay for less hours.
parkinn

Re: Hi.. Passed my C+E a few weeks ago. If anyone knows anywhere hiring would much appreciate.

Post by parkinn »

ryannot wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:18 am Dont forget your adi hours count as other work and you need 45 hours straight un interupted off every other week an 24 hours off on the other week. Your adi pay will be higher than CE pay for less hours.
not if he has to pay for his own fuel lol he will need a flintstone car 🤣
Iaspot

Post by Iaspot »

Robert Burns Transport Bathgate might be worth a go
alinred

Post by alinred »

How many hours are your working during week? 😃
MarRee

Post by MarRee »

I passed mine in January, registered for a few agencies but still nothing. I only wanted weekends as well as I have a full time job Monday to Friday so wanted to build some experience in weekends whilst still bringing in some money. Nothing so far.
pavelsen

Post by pavelsen »

MarRee wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:24 am I passed mine in January, registered for a few agencies but still nothing. I only wanted weekends as well as I have a full time job Monday to Friday so wanted to build some experience in weekends whilst still bringing in some money. Nothing so far.
dont forget to calculate your working week, not just your driving
Chances are the agencies have been caught out before and won’t give work to those working full time before they do some extra
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

MarRee wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:24 am I passed mine in January, registered for a few agencies but still nothing. I only wanted weekends as well as I have a full time job Monday to Friday so wanted to build some experience in weekends whilst still bringing in some money. Nothing so far.
That's disappointing.
Keitiz

Post by Keitiz »

Thought there was a shortage of hgv drivers?
Julitanz

Post by Julitanz »

So a professional car instructor wanting to drive trucks illegally about sums up your profession
McqGo

Post by McqGo »

Julitanz wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:28 am So a professional car instructor wanting to drive trucks illegally about sums up your profession
what the hell are you on about.. how Is doing anything illegal?..I'm self employed and will cut my hours to suit. Maybe you should ask before you make unfounded allegations.
Julitanz

Post by Julitanz »

McqGo wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:29 am
Julitanz wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:28 am So a professional car instructor wanting to drive trucks illegally about sums up your profession
what the hell are you on about.. how Is doing anything illegal?..I'm self employed and will cut my hours to suit. Maybe you should ask before you make unfounded allegations.
not how you wrote your post.
McqGo

Post by McqGo »

Julitanz wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:29 am
McqGo wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:29 am
not how you wrote your post.
Didn't suggest on post would be doing anything illegal either.
tomway

Post by tomway »

he didn't say how many hours/days he does through the week?
Julitanz

Post by Julitanz »

tomway wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:32 am
come on a driving instructor not working weekdays to rest and averaging under 48 hours a week work and taking 45 hour rest or 24 plus compensation your having a laugh
McqGo

Post by McqGo »

Julitanz wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:57 am
come on a driving instructor not working weekdays to rest and averaging under 48 hours a week work and taking 45 hour rest or 24 plus compensation your having a laugh
look mate I'm not going to argue with you.. I want to get some experience and eventually use my Adi qualification to teach HGV.. not that need to justify or explain my self to you. But showing the type of negative suspicious person you obviously are.
emanuli

Post by emanuli »

McqGo wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:58 am
Julitanz wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:57 am

look mate I'm not going to argue with you.. I want to get some experience and eventually use my Adi qualification to teach HGV.. not that need to justify or explain my self to you. But showing the type of negative suspicious person you obviously are.
Swift Pass.. Pleased to see you know what you're talking about. Yes you need the experience to get a start. You a qualified diving instructor.
lewzoo

Post by lewzoo »

Hi guys am looking for HGV hotbox driver for our tar team for Glasgow area Great rate of pay self employed
KidKevi

Post by KidKevi »

If you are working during the with you can’t as your would need to record other work on your tacho
niksly

Post by niksly »

That would be like me driving a van all week doing deliveries, then jumping in a truck between times driving that for upto 10 hours.
You can't legally do it.

Return to “HGV truck drivers looking for work | Employment wanted”