Does anyone know if I can I apply for a better DVS star rating on a new unit through a VTG10?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
tomine

Does anyone know if I can I apply for a better DVS star rating on a new unit through a VTG10?

Post by tomine »

Does anyone know if I can I apply for a better DVS star rating on a new unit through a VTG10? Should of come out of main dealer with full kit and adequate stars but been majorly let down. Kit now fitted by them but they won't even give me a letter confirming for additional evidence.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Arryza

Re: Does anyone know if I can I apply for a better DVS star rating on a new unit through a VTG10?

Post by Arryza »

What type of vehicle is it?
Arryza

Re: Does anyone know if I can I apply for a better DVS star rating on a new unit through a VTG10?

Post by Arryza »

You can never change a star rating but you can get a cert stating you have added the additional kit to make it of a standard acceptable in the DVS area
tomine

Post by tomine »

Arryza wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:41 pm You can never change a star rating but you can get a cert stating you have added the additional kit to make it of a standard acceptable in the DVS area
is that just through self cert on tfl or have you used the vtg10?
Arryza

Post by Arryza »

tomine wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:41 pm
Arryza wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:41 pm You can never change a star rating but you can get a cert stating you have added the additional kit to make it of a standard acceptable in the DVS area
tfl nothing to do with vtg10
tomine

Post by tomine »

Arryza wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:42 pm
i would of said the same but main dealer told me I can change the star rating with a vtg10 now they have fit full kit.
Arryza

Post by Arryza »

tomine wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:42 pm

i would of said the same but main dealer told me I can change the star rating with a vtg10 now they have fit full kit.
what type of vehicle is it?
tomine

Post by tomine »

Arryza wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:43 pm

It's a man tgx.
Arryza

Post by Arryza »

tomine wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:43 pm
Arryza wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:43 pm

It's a man tgx.
ok so does the reg come up on dvs star rating?
Ottone

Post by Ottone »

Being out the game a while so can tell what DVS is and VTG10 thanks 👍
tomine

Post by tomine »

Ottone wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:45 pm
DVS is direct vision scheme which i need for transport for London TFL. (Inside the m25)
VTG10 is a form to apply for a notifiable alteration, sometimes requires a test at an ATF approved facility.
Ottone

Post by Ottone »

tomine wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:45 pm
Ottone wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:45 pm
DVS is direct vision scheme which i need for transport for London TFL. (Inside the m25)
VTG10 is a form to apply for a notifiable alteration, sometimes requires a test at an ATF approved facility.
thank you 👍
mionne

Post by mionne »

If it has all the relevant kit needed to be dvs compliant, just self certify the vehicle compliant. You won’t need any certs. Just complete the application.
tomine

Post by tomine »

mionne wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:46 pm If it has all the relevant kit needed to be dvs compliant, just self certify the vehicle compliant. You won’t need any certs. Just complete the application.
from what I gather on tfl that will only give it 0 star though and by 2024 it needs minimum standard of 2 stars?
mionne

Post by mionne »

tomine wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:47 pm
mionne wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:46 pm If it has all the relevant kit needed to be dvs compliant, just self certify the vehicle compliant. You won’t need any certs. Just complete the application.
from what I gather on tfl that will only give it 0 star though and by 2024 it needs minimum standard of 2 stars?
this is correct, having the dvs kit fitted from new won’t necessarily give the vehicle any stars?
We just registered a new DAF that came with the kit fitted. That was zero star rated.
I haven’t had a vehicle with any stars as yet.
Does your vehicle have any modifications other than the dvs kit?
Like the lower door window fitted for increased visibility?
tomine

Post by tomine »

mionne wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:47 pm
this is correct, having the dvs kit fitted from new won’t necessarily give the vehicle any stars?
We just registered a new DAF that came with the kit fitted. That was zero star rated.
thank you.
Operator was led to believe it should come with a higher rating than 0.
The lower door window is the next thing requiring fitting.
Have you had any experience of the vtg10 gaining you a higher star rating? The main dealer told me to go down that route.
I've only had one truck with a 2.
mionne

Post by mionne »

tomine wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:48 pm

thank you.
Have you had any experience of the vtg10 gaining you a higher star rating? The main dealer told me to go down that route.
I haven’t no, I do have a Volvo I need to register, the dvs kit on that was factory fitted. I will check the star rating on that compared with the DAF that was retro fitted prior to delivery. And let you know
tomine

Post by tomine »

mionne wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:48 pm
tomine wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:48 pm

thank you.
I haven’t no, I do have a Volvo I need to register, the dvs kit on that was factory fitted. I will check the star rating on that compared with the DAF that was retro fitted prior to delivery. And let you know
thanks

Return to “Maintenance companies and mechanics | General discussions”