Hello all, who carry out the vehicle MOT's to this section also as well as fitter's/dealers etc. Any feedback

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Garyco_34

Hello all, who carry out the vehicle MOT's to this section also as well as fitter's/dealers etc. Any feedback

Post by Garyco_34 »

Hello all,
Currently going through adding a safety inspector to our operators license and has made me have a thought. Do we need to add the ATF Lane's or DVSA who carry out the vehicle MOT's to this section also as well as fitter's/dealers etc.
I know they aren't carrying out a PMI or defect rectification but they are technically inspecting the safety of the vehicle therefore would be a safety inspector & since the option literally says 'add safety inspector' it got me thinking.
Any feedback on this would be great.
Thanks
pedroll

Re: Hello all, who carry out the vehicle MOT's to this section also as well as fitter's/dealers etc. Any feedback

Post by pedroll »

A safety inspector?
Do you mean maintenance contractor?
jamsey

Re: Hello all, who carry out the vehicle MOT's to this section also as well as fitter's/dealers etc. Any feedback

Post by jamsey »

Only people carrying out PMI’s etc. You can’t use a MOT as a PMI as an MOT is only a minimum standard. Also you won’t be adding on the roadside DVSA that check you when you get stopped

Return to “Maintenance companies and mechanics | General discussions”