I went for a driver assessment, they took my tacho card and said I had 16 points infringement wise from my taco.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
WoodsWell

I went for a driver assessment, they took my tacho card and said I had 16 points infringement wise from my taco.

Post by WoodsWell »

I went for a driver assessment, they took my tacho card and said I had 16 points infringement wise from my taco. They said come back when more experienced?! Had licence for 20 years, I don't follow what each of these are and what relevance they have, any helpful assistance much appreciated. Thanks and have a nice day!
pauseer

Re: I went for a driver assessment, they took my tacho card and said I had 16 points infringement wise from my taco.

Post by pauseer »

Have u got a full break down on what the infringements are. If they are working time a company could turn u down.
danque505

Re: I went for a driver assessment, they took my tacho card and said I had 16 points infringement wise from my taco.

Post by danque505 »

No expert but I’d guess
Wtd speaks for itself
And
Eu is spread or driving hours
Again I’m no expert before the trolls start
kaspario

Post by kaspario »

Get a new card. Can order online. Will be nice and clean
NickJr

Post by NickJr »

I'm guessing you have gone over your wtd hrs
But to be fair you need more information and a break down really
Jamiere

Post by Jamiere »

Well the WTD ones are self explanatory, but the EU ones I would assume are a breach of EU driving hours. The infringements are on the same days though, like others have said, you need more of an explanation of what they are
Bishro

Post by Bishro »

Ironically DVSA don't care about WTD, and companies use different software that picks up different tolerances. I worked for one company and never got pulled for WTD yet I went somewhere else and because I had a 15min break at 6 hours, before getting the rest of the 45 in 20 mins later it would flag up insufficient wt rest.
babarin63

Post by babarin63 »

Bishro wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:31 pm Ironically DVSA don't care about WTD, and companies use different software that picks up different tolerances. I worked for one company and never got pulled for WTD yet I went somewhere else and because I had a 15min break at 6 hours, before getting the rest of the 45 in 20 mins later it would flag up insufficient wt rest.
they do when the sh*t hits the fan
speedman

Post by speedman »

Tell them to f**k of cheeky b**tard
babarin63

Post by babarin63 »

I would say the bottom 4 are one infringement and the three above are one other poss left card in over nite on other work on both occasions
stubber06

Post by stubber06 »

babarin63 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:33 pm I would say the bottom 4 are one infringement and the three above are one other poss left card in over nite on other work on both occasions
Explain please
babarin63

Post by babarin63 »

stubber06 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:36 pm
babarin63 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:33 pm I would say the bottom 4 are one infringement and the three above are one other poss left card in over nite on other work on both occasions
Explain please
leaving card on other work over night will not show a daily rest then the possibility of an accumulation of driving hours either on the 4.5 or daily limit. With out seeing the breakdown it’s just an educated guess seeing as the bottom 4 infringements are on two consecutive days then the next three are are on two consecutive days.
Paulish

Post by Paulish »

babarin63 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:36 pm
stubber06 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:36 pm
Explain please
leaving card on other work over night will not show a daily rest then the possibility of an accumulation of driving hours either on the 4.5 or daily limit. With out seeing the breakdown it’s just an educated guess seeing as the bottom 4 infringements are on two consecutive days then the next three are are on two consecutive days.
I did this the other day by making the mistake of putting in other work rather than rest for the whole night via manual entry, I got four infringements for this.
DeanDj

Post by DeanDj »

WTD is easy and self explanatory. EU, Well that is also any infringement regarding any of the EU driving times and regulations.
Tonnort

Post by Tonnort »

Driving off before your driving time resets? Some tachographs need an extra minute of break.
Jayorzo

Post by Jayorzo »

Last 4 possibly never put on break.
No wonder company is short, bit petty
kevsio99

Post by kevsio99 »

Would you want to work for such a petty company?
WoodsWell

Post by WoodsWell »

Thanks so much for your help, would I need to order a new card or just live with this, I think I forget to put on break quite a few times, particularly when I sleep in the cab. Would DVSA be bothered about any of these?
NickJr

Post by NickJr »

WoodsWell wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:40 pm Thanks so much for your help, would I need to order a new card or just live with this, I think I forget to put on break quite a few times, particularly when I sleep in the cab. Would DVSA be bothered about any of these?
no new card needed
Card is not faulty.
As for forgetting to put it on break. Yes vosa would especially were break is concerned.
WoodsWell

Post by WoodsWell »

NickJr wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:40 pm
WoodsWell wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:40 pm Thanks so much for your help, would I need to order a new card or just live with this, I think I forget to put on break quite a few times, particularly when I sleep in the cab. Would DVSA be bothered about any of these?
no new card needed
Card is not faulty.
As for forgetting to put it on break. Yes vosa would especially were break is concerned.
wipe the memory of the card?
NickJr

Post by NickJr »

WoodsWell wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:41 pm
NickJr wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:40 pm
no new card needed
Card is not faulty.
wipe the memory of the card?
you can't
DeanDj

Post by DeanDj »

If I could suggest an online company to re do your driving times and working times 'polish up your knowledge a little'. The company I used issued a certificate when I passed. Cost about £15. At least you can show you've taken the initiative to recap the rules..

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”