Hi, I am posting this story to tell about transport manager for couple of months I was operating 3.5 year before

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Richarco

Hi, I am posting this story to tell about transport manager for couple of months I was operating 3.5 year before

Post by Richarco »

Hi, I am posting this story to tell about miss Ellen Louis she was a transport manager for couple of months I was operating 3.5 year before she appeared to my business and she never show up or attend the site and when she wanted to leave my business because she wanted huge extra money she reported me as a bad operator and costed me my license because I wasn't able to attend the public inquiry to explain to them why I had some infringements and some missed maintenance record but they decided to take the licence for a so small reason but its become so big because of her I do advice every operator it's not about hiring people, it's about hiring the right people because stupid or jealous person could cost you a lot because they used to be sh*t and they want everyone to be like them.
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (94.47 KiB) Viewed 413 times
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (384.27 KiB) Viewed 413 times
nigellan

Re: Hi, I am posting this story to tell about transport manager for couple of months I was operating 3.5 year before

Post by nigellan »

there is always 2 sides of a coin, will be nice to know the other side too.
Jeremyos

Re: Hi, I am posting this story to tell about transport manager for couple of months I was operating 3.5 year before

Post by Jeremyos »

nigellan wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:58 pm there is always 2 sides of a coin, will be nice to know the other side too.
you racist. If he was an English bloke everyone here would be slating her
JohnPro

Post by JohnPro »

Jeremyos wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:59 pm
nigellan wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:58 pm there is always 2 sides of a coin, will be nice to know the other side too.
get a grip of yourself, how was that a racist comment.
nigellan

Post by nigellan »

get a grip, I am a foreigner myself!, he has the company for over 3 years, and he loss it because a TM that have for couple of months, what happened with the previous TM, why he left?, maintenance records lost?..., how my comment was racist? I only said it was 2 sides of a coin, and it will be nice to know both.
Jacklity

Post by Jacklity »

nigellan wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:00 pm
get a grip, I am a foreigner myself!, he has the company for over 3 years, and he loss it because a TM that have for couple of months, what happened with the previous TM, why he left?, maintenance records lost?..., how my comment was racist? I only said it was 2 sides of a coin, and it will be nice to know both.
agreed!
cloughMo

Post by cloughMo »

You should have attended the public enquiry mate or asked the traffic commissioner to postpone it.
rickels28

Post by rickels28 »

cloughMo wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:02 pm You should have attended the public enquiry mate or asked the traffic commissioner to postpone it.
Agreed. If it was that important to you, you would of been there.
Richarco

Post by Richarco »

cloughMo wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:02 pm You should have attended the public enquiry mate or asked the traffic commissioner to postpone it.
guys it wasn't about infringements it was about money and infringement was only the driver forgot he's card in overnight and it will recover full week as infringements and has already explained that
rickels28

Post by rickels28 »

Richarco wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:07 pm
guys it wasn't about infringements it was about money and infringement was only the driver forgot he's card in overnight and it will recover full week as infringements and has already explained that
Then you should gone to the inquiry. Telling fb, no one really cares, in the inquiry, the traffic commissioner does. Then maybe you would of stood a chance.
Richarco

Post by Richarco »

rickels28 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:07 pm
Richarco wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:07 pm
Then you should gone to the inquiry. Telling fb, no one really cares, in the inquiry, the traffic commissioner does. Then maybe you would of stood a chance.
I wasn't able I was so ill and couldn't travel 50 miles and I have told them and sent them proof but they didn't accept it
MilanceXp

Post by MilanceXp »

If you had infringements and missed scheduled maintenance maybe that is why she asked for more money. You are not the one the TC would hold responsible as the TM it is their responsibility to ensure these commitments are met and their "repute" that can be called into question!
Vasioner

Post by Vasioner »

That’s why I never opted to start my company with someone sign for op license
Jacklity

Post by Jacklity »

This isn't making a lot of sense.
As the operator, why did you not attend the public inquiry?
Admin5

Post by Admin5 »

Apparently his TM Ellen Louise Wigley ratted him out to the TC when he refused to give in to her extortion and that's how the public inquiry came about in the first place but in the decision letter it also says:
Former TM, Ellen Louise Wigley receives a formal warning. Her good repute is seriously tarnished but not lost.
Lots of TMs on here often talk about informing the TC about your operators, probably hoping to earn brownie points. Keep in mind that you will also be informing on yourself and there will be no brownies.
BobMax

Post by BobMax »

Admin5 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:11 pm Apparently his TM Ellen Louise Wigley ratted him out to the TC when he refused to give in to her extortion and that's how the public inquiry came about in the first place but in the decision letter it also says:
Former TM, Ellen Louise Wigley receives a formal warning. Her good repute is seriously tarnished but not lost.
Lots of TMs on here often talk about informing the TC about your operators, probably hoping to earn brownie points. Keep in mind that you will also be informing on yourself and there will be no brownies.
Respect
Duanett

Post by Duanett »

Admin5 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:11 pm Apparently his TM Ellen Louise Wigley ratted him out to the TC when he refused to give in to her extortion and that's how the public inquiry came about in the first place but in the decision letter it also says:
👏 👏 👏
Changly

Post by Changly »

If you are the TM, and they will not comply, then what Ellen Louise did in my book is 100% correct, I would also do the same, This way you are getting Brownie points as you would put it, getting dodgy operators of the road, and covering your self why doing it, I have been asked may times to be a TM and after looking at some of the records I turned it down, May be I should have sent a letter to the TC
Richarco

Post by Richarco »

Changly wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:13 pm
If you are the TM, and they will not comply, then what Ellen Louise did in my book is 100% correct, I would also do the same, This way you are getting Brownie points as you would put it, getting dodgy operators of the road, and covering your self why doing it, I have been asked may times to be a TM and after looking at some of the records I turned it down, May be I should have sent a letter to the TC
you are idea of people needs to to be disqualified or not even been hired I believe, if you don't tell your operator what is right and wrong first and guide him through it you shouldn't be qualified mate
Boother39

Post by Boother39 »

Richarco wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:13 pm
you are idea of people needs to to be disqualified or not even been hired I believe, if you don't tell your operator what is right and wrong first and guide him through it you shouldn't be qualified mate
Those operators won’t be guided. They refuse, they cut corners, they point out imaginary grey areas, they think hiring an ETM for a few hundred quid and then ignoring is then okay.
Follow the damned rules. EOS.
Richarco

Post by Richarco »

Boother39 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:14 pm

Those operators won’t be guided. They refuse, they cut corners, they point out imaginary grey areas, they think hiring an ETM for a few hundred quid and then ignoring is then okay.
mate if your operator don't know the right roles how would they follow it if you don't guide him and point the wrong things which needs to be fixed
Changly

Post by Changly »

Richarco wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:15 pm
Boother39 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:14 pm

mate if your operator don't know the right roles how would they follow it if you don't guide him and point the wrong things which needs to be fixed
Then you should not be in the Transport Industry
Go and take the TM CPC yourself
Sorry if this blunt and to the point, but I say things how it is
drurynx14

Post by drurynx14 »

I’m sure there’s two sides to the story.
Micklita11

Post by Micklita11 »

It's unfortunate that there a plenty TM ,who just want to be paid to be on the Licence and nothing else, if you are not happy just part ways like adults, this snitching shit once ended very bad for someone as we speak he's now in a wheelchair for life and no evidence to prosecute the offender , in short don't play with a man's food source to his family, TC won't grant you security or an extra life ,wise up
Delpinno

Post by Delpinno »

You lost your licence but she didnt lose her repute. 🤔
Richarco

Post by Richarco »

Delpinno wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:18 pm You lost your licence but she didnt lose her repute. 🤔
she did lose
Delpinno

Post by Delpinno »

Richarco wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:18 pm
Delpinno wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:18 pm You lost your licence but she didnt lose her repute. 🤔
she did lose
no, she got a severe rebuke
Chrismos

Post by Chrismos »

It's your own fault you lose your O licences. If you saw she didn't do his job you should act. It's your money, your licence. You should act straight away, you should attend that public enquiry to save your company. Because you fail to attend this tells a lot. I know a lot of operators who say "I need you just with your name, I handle it" and in the end they fail and war start. Most of this kind of operators think they pay one person for nothing and they knows everything. Like I said you should act and act straight away.
Jacobiz

Post by Jacobiz »

There are always 2 side of every stories, it doesn't change the fact my business, my responsibilities TM is my employee, never forget that
Wrayde317

Post by Wrayde317 »

Interesting to read all the above comments, I read the original post and I hear an operator cheesed off because they have lost their license because they chose not to attend their own PI, even though the TC will have written to them with the details they have.
The operator sees infringements and missed inspections an minor problems. This to me says it all. As for the reply’s that say dropping your self in it, this is where good records are important, if the TM had been going to site and if the TM had been giving written concerns and warnings and if the TM had explained the seriousness of the missed or late inspections and this was all provided in the PI then the TM has little to fear.
You have to record everything and have written logs such as emails to show you have notified your operator quickly about issues, you have set a reasonable time frame for some rectifications and you have explained the obligations of both operator and TM.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”