Got it had job interview today & before I even got home they rang to tell me I got the job Class 2 TRAMPER Most of

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Mariussi52

Re: Got it had job interview today & before I even got home they rang to tell me I got the job Class 2 TRAMPER Most of

Post by Mariussi52 »

They saw ya post so had to give you a job 😄
Jokes aside, well done 👍
Pavelle

Re: Got it had job interview today & before I even got home they rang to tell me I got the job Class 2 TRAMPER Most of

Post by Pavelle »

Love tramping it’s ace but looking on here it’s not for everyone lol just don’t let other people get in your ear n u will be fine.
Stepayer

Post by Stepayer »

Pavelle wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:43 pm Love tramping it’s ace but looking on here it’s not for everyone lol just don’t let other people get in your ear n u will be fine.
looking on here driving isn’t for some on here 😂😂
Sasaney70

Post by Sasaney70 »

I would love to do tramping but with my young family it wouldn't be possible but as soon as they fly the nest i will be straight on the tramping job. Good luck in your new and exciting job.
JamPuff

Post by JamPuff »

Sasaney70 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:44 pm I would love to do tramping but with my young family it wouldn't be possible but as soon as they fly the nest i will be straight on the tramping job. Good luck in your new and exciting job.
see I ay got kids
Sasaney70

Post by Sasaney70 »

JamPuff wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:45 pm
Sasaney70 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:44 pm I would love to do tramping but with my young family it wouldn't be possible but as soon as they fly the nest i will be straight on the tramping job. Good luck in your new and exciting job.
see I ay got kids
im a single dad that my kids live with me so i cant really ask their mum to look after them whilst im away.
JamesGo

Post by JamesGo »

Class 2 tramping jobs aren’t as easy to find as class 1 but plenty out there
Congrats on the new job
Venkatix

Post by Venkatix »

How much you've been offered mate?
I had class 2 tramping job interview today. I don't have any experience so they said starting rate will be 140 per day +25 tax free. Is this any good for tramping class 2 job?
Jackoned

Post by Jackoned »

Venkatix wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:48 pm How much you've been offered mate?
I had class 2 tramping job interview today. I don't have any experience so they said starting rate will be 140 per day +25 tax free. Is this any good for tramping class 2 job?
stay away from day rate on class 2. You will max your hours. Which in turn means you don't earn that much per hour.
Venkatix

Post by Venkatix »

Jackoned wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:49 pm
stay away from day rate on class 2. You will max your hours. Which in turn means you don't earn that much per hour.
Does it mean they'll keep me busy for 60h per week working time directive?
Jackoned

Post by Jackoned »

Venkatix wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:49 pm
most likely. They will want there money's worth out of you. Better to be paid by the hour if you can.
Venkatix

Post by Venkatix »

Jackoned wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:50 pm

most likely. They will want there money's worth out of you. Better to be paid by the hour if you can.
Don't want to be too peaky with my first HGV job but I'll think about it. Thank you mate
JamPuff

Post by JamPuff »

get the hours in
Jackoned

Post by Jackoned »

JamPuff wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:51 pm

get the hours in
I've done almost 70hours this week on an hourly wage with two nights out. Will take home around 700 after tax. Class 2.
JamPuff

Post by JamPuff »

Jackoned wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:51 pm

get the hours in
I've done almost 70hours this week on an hourly wage with two nights out. Will take home around 700 after tax. Class 2.
that ain't bad
Jackoned

Post by Jackoned »

Jackoned wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:51 pm

get the hours in
that ain't bad
it really isn't. Jobs are out there that pay well if your willing to work. I got lucky with the company I'm with. They are really decent.
Thomile38

Post by Thomile38 »

Good luck just make cab as comfortable as poss
Stepayer

Post by Stepayer »

The is class 2 tramping bit sleeper cabs tiny can't even stand up put ya shoes on lol
Jamalis

Post by Jamalis »

Stepayer wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:59 pm The is class 2 tramping bit sleeper cabs tiny can't even stand up put ya shoes on lol
I’m 6’2” driving a cf rigid.
I can stand up inside no bother. Loads room.
JayClay

Post by JayClay »

Jamalis wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:59 pm
Stepayer wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:59 pm The is class 2 tramping bit sleeper cabs tiny can't even stand up put ya shoes on lol
I’m 6’2” driving a cf rigid.
I can stand up inside no bother. Loads room.
I do tramping in a class 2 and it's got a high top cab... loads of room in mine...
SlaterMc

Post by SlaterMc »

Small cool box for on the passenger footwell. Dont need a massive one as you can re stock on what you need every day or 2 when in different towns. Couple of towels. Flip flops. For showers in services. Or wee stove n kettle n pop up camping bowl for getting washed. Also a radar key. Well that's what there called up here. Access to any disabled toilets 👌pillows n blow up doll 😜😂
JamPuff

Post by JamPuff »

SlaterMc wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:02 pm Small cool box for on the passenger footwell. Dont need a massive one as you can re stock on what you need every day or 2 when in different towns. Couple of towels. Flip flops. For showers in services. Or wee stove n kettle n pop up camping bowl for getting washed. Also a radar key. Well that's what there called up here. Access to any disabled toilets 👌pillows n blow up doll 😜😂
lorry got a fridge & freezer
SlaterMc

Post by SlaterMc »

JamPuff wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:02 pm
SlaterMc wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:02 pm Small cool box for on the passenger footwell. Dont need a massive one as you can re stock on what you need every day or 2 when in different towns. Couple of towels. Flip flops. For showers in services. Or wee stove n kettle n pop up camping bowl for getting washed. Also a radar key. Well that's what there called up here. Access to any disabled toilets 👌pillows n blow up doll 😜😂
Thats a bonus mate. What you going to be driving? Ive tramped in a few motors, small low roofs n no space or plenty storage but pain in the arse having to lift the bed to get to it all the time. Im in not bad sized r cab tipper but no built in fridge or freezer 😂
PoulBe

Post by PoulBe »

SlaterMc wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:03 pm
JamPuff wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:02 pm
Thats a bonus mate. What you going to be driving? Ive tramped in a few motors, small low roofs n no space or plenty storage but pain in the arse having to lift the bed to get to it all the time. Im in not bad sized r cab tipper but no built in fridge or freezer 😂
Aldi have a fold up water carrier with a tap in shops at the moment only 4.99 I've just bought one as im just starting a new job on livestock which will have a few nights out in a class 2 😏
Anguson

Post by Anguson »

I have so much respect for trampers, I couldn't do it,
JamPuff

Post by JamPuff »

Anguson wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:05 pm I have so much respect for trampers, I couldn't do it,
has long has I got somewhere to put me head I'm all good
Anguson

Post by Anguson »

JamPuff wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:05 pm
Anguson wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:05 pm I have so much respect for trampers, I couldn't do it,
I like my bed to much
JamPuff

Post by JamPuff »

Anguson wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:06 pm
JamPuff wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:05 pm
I like my bed to much
somebody has to do it mate, along with 6 other drivers i've just done a month away to malta delivering film props so folks can watch some ridley scott movie next year
Jayenti88

Post by Jayenti88 »

Well done mate! There’s a lot of “old timers” on here who like to have a moan, like to slate others and to be totally honest, complete and utter jobsworth. But on the other hand, there’s plenty of people who’ll be more than happy to help you out with tips and advise. I’m not a tramper but all I can say is embrace it 👍🏻👏🏻
Daleerci5

Post by Daleerci5 »

There's alot of van tramping work and much more for euro work.
Batsfoni

Post by Batsfoni »

Get one of these off Amazon, brilliant bit of kit !
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (21.27 KiB) Viewed 932 times
JamPuff

Post by JamPuff »

Batsfoni wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:09 pm Get one of these off Amazon, brilliant bit of kit !
Cook anything in that then mate
Batsfoni

Post by Batsfoni »

JamPuff wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:10 pm
Batsfoni wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:09 pm Get one of these off Amazon, brilliant bit of kit !
Cook anything in that then mate
yes mate, ready meals all sorts
JamPuff

Post by JamPuff »

Edisswo wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:13 pm Well done where’s that ?
Birmingham mate
AndreA1

Post by AndreA1 »

Well done bud, there out there if you keep looking, I did class 2 many years ago before my 1,
Jesselex

Post by Jesselex »

5 things I couldn’t live without as a tramper:
1. Tom Tom trucker sat nav
2. Decent 5-6 ltr water bottle
3. Phone holder
4. Toiletries bay with wet wipes
5. Pens 🖊
Simonos

Post by Simonos »

I start a class 2 tramper job tomorrow 👌🏼🤣
Wileeti85

Post by Wileeti85 »

Buy a cooling Mat to sleep on I’ve bought one and it really helps in hot weather.
Ashlene

Post by Ashlene »

This mate
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (42.29 KiB) Viewed 917 times
Shirego

Post by Shirego »

Well done mate I do tramping you will love it always try and park on a services or a truck stop never park up for the nite in any lay-by that’s when you will get ur truck done over fuel or part of ur load get ur self a camping stove so you can cook ur own meals and have a hot drink get ur self a tv or a DVD player sleeping bag and spare clothes and a wash bag cause after a while you won’t like Burger King or maccys or kfc welcome to tramping
JamPuff

Post by JamPuff »

Shirego wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:24 pm Well done mate I do tramping you will love it always try and park on a services or a truck stop never park up for the nite in any lay-by that’s when you will get ur truck done over fuel or part of ur load get ur self a camping stove so you can cook ur own meals and have a hot drink get ur self a tv or a DVD player sleeping bag and spare clothes and a wash bag cause after a while you won’t like Burger King or maccys or kfc welcome to tramping
I gotta cut down on the fatty foods anyway lol
Shirego

Post by Shirego »

JamPuff wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:24 pm
Shirego wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:24 pm Well done mate I do tramping you will love it always try and park on a services or a truck stop never park up for the nite in any lay-by that’s when you will get ur truck done over fuel or part of ur load get ur self a camping stove so you can cook ur own meals and have a hot drink get ur self a tv or a DVD player sleeping bag and spare clothes and a wash bag cause after a while you won’t like Burger King or maccys or kfc welcome to tramping
and if you’ve got young kids you will hardly see them and ur home life is gone who you working for
Shirego

Post by Shirego »

hope it all works out for you oh and you do get paid nite out money so that’s extra on ur wages always get a receipt cause you don’t get taxed on nite out money hope this helps
JamPuff

Post by JamPuff »

Shirego wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:25 pm
hope it all works out for you oh and you do get paid nite out money so that’s extra on ur wages always get a receipt cause you don’t get taxed on nite out money hope this helps
LTS Distribution
JamPuff

Post by JamPuff »

I'm single with no kids
Shirego

Post by Shirego »

JamPuff wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:25 pm

I'm single with no kids
welcome to tramping mate
AbdiUn

Post by AbdiUn »

Clean pants and socks tooth brush and an iPad
Wrightfo

Post by Wrightfo »

Enjoy having no life chasing doe and not seeing friends or family. Have a lie in Saturday morning coz your tired then just have Saturday free them back out Monday for penny’s. Work it out how much you get per hour that’s 24 hours a day as your still in wagon your still protecting it and guarding it so your technically still working
JamPuff

Post by JamPuff »

Wrightfo wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:29 pm Enjoy having no life chasing doe and not seeing friends or family. Have a lie in Saturday morning coz your tired then just have Saturday free them back out Monday for penny’s. Work it out how much you get per hour that’s 24 hours a day as your still in wagon your still protecting it and guarding it so your technically still working
I ain't fussed mate I got no kids so all good
Wrightfo

Post by Wrightfo »

JamPuff wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:29 pm
Wrightfo wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:29 pm Enjoy having no life chasing doe and not seeing friends or family. Have a lie in Saturday morning coz your tired then just have Saturday free them back out Monday for penny’s. Work it out how much you get per hour that’s 24 hours a day as your still in wagon your still protecting it and guarding it so your technically still working
it’s not just kids it’s the fact someone is taking the piss out you paying about £5 an hour
JamPuff

Post by JamPuff »

Wrightfo wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:30 pm
it’s not just kids it’s the fact someone is taking the piss out you paying about £5 an hour
better than sitting on the dole
Wrightfo

Post by Wrightfo »

JamPuff wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:30 pm

I work class 2 days start at 6am never home later than 2-3pm and get £650 take home. You would actually get more money on the dole than you would per hour tramping
JamPuff

Post by JamPuff »

Wrightfo wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:31 pm

I work class 2 days start at 6am never home later than 2-3pm and get £650 take home. You would actually get more money on the dole than you would per hour tramping
mate £650 is like a million quid to me. The dole am always on ya back & watching everything you do
JamPuff

Post by JamPuff »

Wrightfo wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:31 pm

Can't even buy a bike with out them asking why have ya brought a bike
JonnyWo

Post by JonnyWo »

My company does class 2 tramping, I’ve done it once and I don’t think it’s for me but class 2 tramping certainly exists
RRibeiro

Post by RRibeiro »

Unlimited Internet on the phone to hot spot a Taplet.
MatasseHi

Post by MatasseHi »

Nice one finding a class 2 tramping job not a common thing to find best of luck hopefully get a decent wagon to be doing it in
JamPuff

Post by JamPuff »

MatasseHi wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:33 pm Nice one finding a class 2 tramping job not a common thing to find best of luck hopefully get a decent wagon to be doing it in
the wagons are all 70 plates
MatasseHi

Post by MatasseHi »

JamPuff wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:33 pm
MatasseHi wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:33 pm Nice one finding a class 2 tramping job not a common thing to find best of luck hopefully get a decent wagon to be doing it in
happy days sounds like a brilliant job enjoy getting out and about
JamPuff

Post by JamPuff »

MatasseHi wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:33 pm
JamPuff wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:33 pm
happy days sounds like a brilliant job enjoy getting out and about
they train for class 1 aswell
Nicolone

Post by Nicolone »

Don't forget to sleep in the lorry
JamPuff

Post by JamPuff »

Nicolone wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:34 pm Don't forget to sleep in the lorry
well obv
Nicolone

Post by Nicolone »

JamPuff wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:34 pm
Nicolone wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:34 pm Don't forget to sleep in the lorry
well obv
also don't forget to drive it when required
Plumbic

Post by Plumbic »

Well done some are well paid.
Leetone67

Post by Leetone67 »

Enjoy it matey had a delivery from a class2 tramper last year so anyone says they don't exist is garbage if he could of parked on my street safely (he rang me if he could deliver at 7am next day) I would of quite happily said yes come and park up have a shower if you want and have some dinner with us knowing that I'm doing my hgv this year class1 in September we need to all look after each other
JamPuff

Post by JamPuff »

Leetone67 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:38 pm Enjoy it matey had a delivery from a class2 tramper last year so anyone says they don't exist is garbage if he could of parked on my street safely (he rang me if he could deliver at 7am next day) I would of quite happily said yes come and park up have a shower if you want and have some dinner with us knowing that I'm doing my hgv this year class1 in September we need to all look after each other
there's not enough people like you your an absolute legend

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”