Complaints made about me so far this year..... I hit a pheasant on the M4, knocked my top mirror off and a following

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Jonfusi88

Complaints made about me so far this year..... I hit a pheasant on the M4, knocked my top mirror off and a following

Post by Jonfusi88 »

Complaints made about me so far this year.......
I hit a pheasant on the M4, knocked my top mirror off and a following motorist phoned up to complain that I hadn't secured my load!
I was blocking a driveway in a private road, it was my driveway and I was at home on my break!
I was taking up too much of the road when I was turning out of a junction, obviously didn't see all the parked vehicles I was trying to avoid!
I was only doing 40mph up hill fully loaded in a 50mph zone!
I was doing at least 70mph in a residential area!
I didn't pull out onto a blocked roundabout!
Got to love our fellow car drivers!!!
Szablerg83

Re: Complaints made about me so far this year..... I hit a pheasant on the M4, knocked my top mirror off and a following

Post by Szablerg83 »

Mine today .. Aldi
Your pallets aren’t straight enough …
Stuaress

Re: Complaints made about me so far this year..... I hit a pheasant on the M4, knocked my top mirror off and a following

Post by Stuaress »

Lots off nosey bast**ds over there you have.
Mariolazu

Post by Mariolazu »

It’s only the 12 of January that’s some going
Jonfusi88

Post by Jonfusi88 »

Mariolazu wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:27 pm It’s only the 12 of January that’s some going
think it's an indication of how the year is going to be!
Thompse

Post by Thompse »

Car driver's couldn't drive a nail into wood ffs...
Scruffle

Post by Scruffle »

Thompse wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:29 pm Car driver's couldn't drive a nail into wood ffs...
100% agreed Thomas, they have all the answers though
SiyadElite

Post by SiyadElite »

Looking forward to your year review in December…🤣🤣
Cochrano

Post by Cochrano »

Mine, more than once. Tipped coal in Hawkshead and the narrow roads round there … You big wagons shouldn’t be on these roads. 😁😂👍
Scruffle

Post by Scruffle »

Sorry I didn't mean to press long then, but unfortunately these are all the things you have to put up with as a hgv driver, as well as clogging up the motorways at bank Holidays, getting in the way of other motorist on day out but still expect supermarket shelves to be full of what they want on following day, they think it's all done by magic👍
JoGrey

Post by JoGrey »

You think that's bad I squashed a rock and some daffodil bulbs
Pollardex

Post by Pollardex »

JoGrey wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:35 pm You think that's bad I squashed a rock and some daffodil bulbs
and destroyed a front and rear lawn. And a post on a housing estate we didn't even go to
JoGrey

Post by JoGrey »

Pollardex wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:36 pm
JoGrey wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:35 pm You think that's bad I squashed a rock and some daffodil bulbs
and destroyed a front and rear lawn. And a post on a housing estate we didn't even go to
Yep🤣
Decctio

Post by Decctio »

I had some idiot telling me that I was blocking the fuel drivers lane preventing him from getting in........................I was delivering fuel there at the time....
Pedroff22

Post by Pedroff22 »

70mph in residential areas is only acceptable on Fridays mate 😅
Parkerie

Post by Parkerie »

Lol i bet these are the people who came up with the new highway code rules :D :D :D
Anixires24

Post by Anixires24 »

Unfortunately, our roads are congested with Bellendious Wankpuffins! Just got to grin and bear it!😣
Jonnelle

Post by Jonnelle »

Anixires24 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:44 pm Unfortunately, our roads are congested with Bellendious Wankpuffins! Just got to grin and bear it!😣
my wife just translated your comment🤣😂
Jamflunio

Post by Jamflunio »

I upset the bin men today. Parked in front of them outside the house I was delivering to. They had to go around me. The tutting and calling me a nob was priceless 😎
AverillA1

Post by AverillA1 »

F**k you must be good, on average we manage that by lunchtime on a Monday 🤣😂
Leouter

Post by Leouter »

Blimey, that’s more than I’ve had my entire career!
Reeditzi5

Post by Reeditzi5 »

14 years bus driving led me to hatred of the general public 😬
Klaurato

Post by Klaurato »

Honestly makes me laugh, it’s a daily occurrence for us truckers to be dealing with this sort of BS! I had a women approach my truck the other day while on break to complain that when I turned left off the roundabout the wheels of my truck were over the white line and she was force to sit behind me while she was going around the roundabout. I jumped out of my truck and told her to look at it, I said look at the length and width of it. If I didn’t go slightly into the other Lane while turning left off the roundabout I would have taken out the railings and traffic lights on the corner. I had that conversation that we have all had and had to explain the obvious that I am a lot bigger that a car and as a result of this I obviously take up more of the road. The women soon shut up and back tracked back to her car. 😂😂
Aylettmo62

Post by Aylettmo62 »

Klaurato wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:59 pm Honestly makes me laugh, it’s a daily occurrence for us truckers to be dealing with this sort of BS! I had a women approach my truck the other day while on break to complain that when I turned left off the roundabout the wheels of my truck were over the white line and she was force to sit behind me while she was going around the roundabout. I jumped out of my truck and told her to look at it, I said look at the length and width of it. If I didn’t go slightly into the other Lane while turning left off the roundabout I would have taken out the railings and traffic lights on the corner. I had that conversation that we have all had and had to explain the obvious that I am a lot bigger that a car and as a result of this I obviously take up more of the road. The women soon shut up and back tracked back to her car. 😂😂
should of said don’t worry love the front of the truck was within the lines lol 😂
Phillam

Post by Phillam »

Im not sure how the general public are going to deal with the new Highway code advice changes, i was passing parked cars in a busy high street and a car suddenly pulled out of a side turning blocking my path, she begrudgingly reversed, i shouted out the window, what were you thinking, she said the obstruction was on your side, you should have given way, WHAT i thought where did you pass your test Disney Land
JaneerMs

Post by JaneerMs »

Thing is car drivers forget the highway code as soon as that examiner says "you passed" as we all did but once you're driving a truck it's a different game my teacher says he rips out that shitty car driver from you're soul and inserts a truck driver 😂. If every car cunt (that's not ALL car drivers) could sit the cab with a truck driver for just a couple of days it would open their eyes to what truck drivers deal with and how much more dangerous it is up there in the cab.
Scruffle

Post by Scruffle »

JaneerMs wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:01 pm Thing is car drivers forget the highway code as soon as that examiner says "you passed" as we all did but once you're driving a truck it's a different game my teacher says he rips out that shitty car driver from you're soul and inserts a truck driver 😂. If every car cunt (that's not ALL car drivers) could sit the cab with a truck driver for just a couple of days it would open their eyes to what truck drivers deal with and how much more dangerous it is up there in the cab.
hi, dead true word for word, I think the problem is, over the last 20 years, the general public think that you're driving a lorry because that's all you are capable of doing.
Gabrielly

Post by Gabrielly »

Loads of wankers out there mate stay safe
Barneto

Post by Barneto »

Love the one about blocking your own driveway 😂
Christan

Post by Christan »

They got too much time on their hands. Stick a mobile number on the back of your wagon saying "hows my driving?" And make sure the number you put on there is a premium rate s**line number 😂
DevontXx

Post by DevontXx »

I’ve had neighbors ring number on truck and complain it’s blocking their neighbors driveway ,,,,
Jonfusi88

Post by Jonfusi88 »

DevontXx wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:04 pm I’ve had neighbors ring number on truck and complain it’s blocking their neighbors driveway ,,,,
it was my neighbor who complained, in fairness he didn't know it was me!
DevontXx

Post by DevontXx »

Jonfusi88 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:04 pm
DevontXx wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:04 pm I’ve had neighbors ring number on truck and complain it’s blocking their neighbors driveway ,,,,
same ere
“ Devont we’ve had a complaint that your blocking someone’s drive, not good for company image yadda yadda “
Erm yes mate , the trucks blocking MY driveway lol
Jonfusi88

Post by Jonfusi88 »

DevontXx wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:05 pm
Jonfusi88 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:04 pm
same ere
“ Devont we’ve had a complaint that your blocking someone’s drive, not good for company image yadda yadda “
Erm yes mate , the trucks blocking MY driveway lol
The same here mate, luckily the Manager who took the call knew I lived there!
Brianen

Post by Brianen »

70 in a residential area. That is impressive 😂😂
Mclvorce

Post by Mclvorce »

January is not even over yet 😱. You will be locked up by MAY!
Robellez

Post by Robellez »

You see these prat’s everyday, not got a clue how much room a large vehicle needs to turn at junctions/roundabouts.
Or our stopping distances when they pull in front of you to get to a slip road.
Scruffle

Post by Scruffle »

Robellez wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:09 pm You see these prat’s everyday, not got a clue how much room a large vehicle needs to turn at junctions/roundabouts.
Hi, I think car drivers have gone worse, especially German cars, must be in owners manual that your car may explode if you indicate what you're about to do.
Robellez

Post by Robellez »

Scruffle wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:09 pm
Robellez wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:09 pm You see these prat’s everyday, not got a clue how much room a large vehicle needs to turn at junctions/roundabouts.
Hi, I think car drivers have gone worse, especially German cars, must be in owners manual that your car may explode if you indicate what you're about to do.
99% of car drivers on the road today would fail a driving test if they had to take one again.
When you pass any driving test be it car or HGV, that’s the point when you really start to learn. Nobody at the side of you to help with mistakes.
The majority of drivers pick up bad habits and then think it’s normal to drive that way.
50% of my working day is keeping an eye out for them then avoiding them.
Keep safe and keep watching for them.
Howellah

Post by Howellah »

It might be abit off from a complaint but iv just sat in the transport office while a driver came in to say he wasn't taking the wagon out because its got an air leak, what did the transport manager say to that you ask, "just take it out, what does it need air for anyway?" You can't even write it
BenneCy

Post by BenneCy »

Some have no respect for truckers, the ar*****s

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”