Please tell me I'm not the only one who's had a day like this. So bad day today. Whilst under instruction from

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
SpakauGo

Please tell me I'm not the only one who's had a day like this. So bad day today. Whilst under instruction from

Post by SpakauGo »

So bad day today.

Whilst under instruction from a banksman I hit a wall ever so gently. The banksman gave me no sign or vocal command to stop at all but now the company who owns the wall is saying I've caused significant damage to the wall and ignored the banksman in the process. They sent my yard photos of damage that was roughly 15 to 20ft away from the point of impact plus a small piece of a brick about the size of a two pence piece which came from where I got the wall. They are trying to claim for a new wall. My lorry doesn't even have so much as a scratch not even on the paint go figures.
Then whilst parked up for my 45 about the hours later a royal mail lorry decided he didn't like the way my wing mirror looked and took it off at speed. Needless to say the transport manager wasn't best pleased at either scenario. The worst part is that I've only been at this company for three weeks now.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who's had a day like this.
AndBlink

Re: Please tell me I'm not the only one who's had a day like this. So bad day today. Whilst under instruction from

Post by AndBlink »

Welcome to the world of trucking.
SpakauGo

Re: Please tell me I'm not the only one who's had a day like this. So bad day today. Whilst under instruction from

Post by SpakauGo »

AndBlink wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:18 pm Welcome to the world of trucking.
it does appear to be a right of passage 😂 oh well hopefully tomorrow will be better
AndBlink

Post by AndBlink »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:18 pm
it does appear to be a right of passage 😂 oh well hopefully tomorrow will be better
I wish you luck shite happens chin up and be careful.
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

AndBlink wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:19 pm
SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:18 pm
I wish you luck shite happens chin up and be careful.
thank you I'll try my best
Grumpsco

Post by Grumpsco »

Never trust a banksman 100% most are not even trained. I've argued with many! They are known to disappear when the 💩 hits the fan.
If you do have a scrap jump straight out leaving wagon in situ and take pics immediately. As many as you can send straight into your boss.
It doesn't help with today but for future.
The wing mirror u can't do anything about.
Tomorrow is a new day 💪
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Grumpsco wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:20 pm Never trust a banksman 100% most are not even trained. I've argued with many! They are known to disappear when the 💩 hits the fan.
If you do have a scrap jump straight out leaving wagon in situ and take pics immediately. As many as you can send straight into your boss.
Tomorrow is a new day 💪
yeah I've learnt not to trust a banksman now and that was my mistake I pulled off to get out the way of traffic and the damage was so minor to the wall I didn't even think to take photos. Plus the bloke said it's absolutely fine mate I wouldn't worry about it (lying B) he kept Going out of sight and every time I stopped then he just kept waving me back and after I got the wall he slowly put his hand up with a smile on his face.
Hopefully I won't get into that situation again but if I do I'll be certain to leave it in situ and take photos.
Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.
Grumpsco

Post by Grumpsco »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:20 pm
Grumpsco wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:20 pm Never trust a banksman 100% most are not even trained. I've argued with many! They are known to disappear when the 💩 hits the fan.
Tomorrow is a new day 💪
yeah I've learnt not to trust a banksman now and that was my mistake I pulled off to get out the way of traffic and the damage was so minor to the wall I didn't even think to take photos. Plus the bloke said it's absolutely fine mate I wouldn't worry about it (lying B) he kept Going out of sight and every time I stopped then he just kept waving me back and after I got the wall he slowly put his hand up with a smile on his face.
Hopefully I won't get into that situation again but if I do I'll be certain to leave it in situ and take photos.
you probably will unfortunately but you get so used to it you won't bother. It's a steep learning curve and pretty stressful. I just always think.... my wagon my load.... if I'm not happy I just say no. I've had banksman say just turn around in that field (bog) at 32t no chance!
Just don't trust them, best to pop out and have a look. Obviously it was a big joke to him! If they disappear behind you that's one good sign they're not trained!
You will be great tomorrow 😁
Junaidol

Post by Junaidol »

Grumpsco wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:21 pm
Tomorrow is a new day 💪
you probably will unfortunately but you get so used to it you won't bother. It's a steep learning curve and pretty stressful. I just always think.... my wagon my load.... if I'm not happy I just say no. I've had banksman say just turn around in that field (bog) at 32t no chance!
Just don't trust them, best to pop out and have a look. Obviously it was a big joke to him! If they disappear behind you that's one good sign they're not trained!
spot on answer gentle
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Junaidol wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:21 pm
Grumpsco wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:21 pm

spot on answer gentle
thank you I'll bare that in mind every day is a learning day and I've learnt a few lessons today that's for sure
Karlagro

Post by Karlagro »

Not coming out of your pocket so don't worry about it, I squashed a few gates
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Karlagro wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:24 pm Not coming out of your pocket so don't worry about it, I squashed a few gates
I was so concerned I was going to get sacked for it I spent most my afternoon stressed to the max.
Karlagro

Post by Karlagro »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:25 pm
Karlagro wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:24 pm Not coming out of your pocket so don't worry about it, I squashed a few gates
I was so concerned I was going to get sacked for it I spent most my afternoon stressed to the max.
there's always other jobs 🙂
Karlagro

Post by Karlagro »

apparently I once hit a gate at asda & bent it, I don't remember doing it. They said they got me on camera. My office never mentioned anything to me 🤷 lol
Karlagro

Post by Karlagro »

I was also at a different place & they told me to go park up before I could deliver or collect (can't remember which) and this foreign guy was watching me reverse. A few days later the transport manager called me into the office & asked what happened & I said what do you mean. He showed me cctv of me reversing over a lamp post. Didn't even feel it but we had a laugh about it 😆 could see it just fold up 😅
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Karlagro wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:26 pm
I was also at a different place & they told me to go park up before I could deliver or collect (can't remember which) and this foreign guy was watching me reverse. A few days later the transport manager called me into the office & asked what happened & I said what do you mean. He showed me cctv of me reversing over a lamp post. Didn't even feel it but we had a laugh about it 😆 could see it just fold up 😅
to be fair I owned up to it straight away but made sure to point out to my TM that I had the sun in my mirrors and the banksman was useless. I only took my eyes off that corner for a second so I could check the near side for pedestrians etc. But as I say I had no warning from the banksman at all so he was just standing there to make it look like he was doing his job
Karlagro

Post by Karlagro »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:26 pm

to be fair I owned up to it straight away but made sure to point out to my TM that I had the sun in my mirrors and the banksman was useless. I only took my eyes off that corner for a second so I could check the near side for pedestrians etc. But as I say I had no warning from the banksman at all so he was just standing there to make it look like he was doing his job
don't worry about it 🙂🍻 it won't be the last thing you hit 😆
Leonic67

Post by Leonic67 »

if you had a banksman then surely its his/her fault, does the truck have cctv if so your tm can look back and see wtf the banksman was doing
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Leonic67 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:27 pm

if you had a banksman then surely its his/her fault, does the truck have cctv if so your tm can look back and see wtf the banksman was doing
unfortunately my wagon isn't fitted with it yet it was due to be fitted in a few weeks I believe.
Leonic67

Post by Leonic67 »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:28 pm

unfortunately my wagon isn't fitted with it yet it was due to be fitted in a few weeks I believe.
thats f**king sh*t mate, whats your TM said?
Karlagro

Post by Karlagro »

Leonic67 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:28 pm

I keep thinking you're calling him darling, just realized that's his name 🤦
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

he hasn't really said much he asked me what happened from my perspective and then I showed him my lorry and the lack of damage to it. A few of the other drivers stated that as I had a banksman he should have made clear what he needed me to do and if I was that close at very least shout stop. Apart from that he said I won't lose my job over it but he is going to try and make sure it doesn't come back to me somehow
Leonic67

Post by Leonic67 »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:29 pm

he hasn't really said much he asked me what happened from my perspective and then I showed him my lorry and the lack of damage to it. A few of the other drivers stated that as I had a banksman he should have made clear what he needed me to do and if I was that close at very least shout stop. Apart from that he said I won't lose my job over it but he is going to try and make sure it doesn't come back to me somehow
I did think that myself for a second lol
Leonic67

Post by Leonic67 »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:29 pm

sounds like you got a fair TM tbh, I'm on the buses atm and working towards my HGV, were not allowed to reverse unless we have a trained banksman, joke is there's only about 6 in the whole company lol
TimGet

Post by TimGet »

Keep your head up pal sh*t happens, we all have good days and bad days and the good will always out weigh the bad 👍
Anixires24

Post by Anixires24 »

Sh*t happens mate had worse, these banksman are crap some of them asleep on the job
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Anixires24 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:32 pm Sh*t happens mate had worse, these banksman are crap some of them asleep on the job
I'll certainly agree to that pretty much everyone back at my yard after taking the piss did say that most banksman are useless in every way
Anixires24

Post by Anixires24 »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:33 pm
Anixires24 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:32 pm Sh*t happens mate had worse, these banksman are crap some of them asleep on the job
I'll certainly agree to that pretty much everyone back at my yard after taking the piss did say that most banksman are useless in every way
Tipper truck nearly reversed into my wife’s car a few weeks ago outside a new development on a roundabout. She had to blow her horn quite a few times, then the banksman appeared from nowhere. Let’s say her spoken English to him wasn’t very civil, she phoned Taylor Wimpy to complain
Darreco

Post by Darreco »

A decent TM (one that’s a driver or ex driver) will understand that things like this happen..and give you a chance.
if you consider how much time you spend in the cab and how many miles you travel, then something is bound to happen at some point. Law of averages.
Every driver will have had an incident of sorts at some time in their career.
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Darreco wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:34 pm A decent TM (one that’s a driver or ex driver) will understand that things like this happen..and give you a chance.
if you consider how much time you spend in the cab and how many miles you travel, then something is bound to happen at some point. Law of averages.
Every driver will have had an incident of sorts at some time in their career.
it does seem every person in my yard at least has stories of things they have hit or damaged and most of them seemed to involve a banksman somewhere.
Gabrielly

Post by Gabrielly »

It happens mate, as long as nobody hurt it's all good, that's what insurance is for.
That said, anything happens; Photos, photos, photos. Always save your ass
Decent company will be asking for any CCTV in the area where the incident happened too
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Gabrielly wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:35 pm It happens mate, as long as nobody hurt it's all good, that's what insurance is for.
That said, anything happens; Photos, photos, photos. Always save your ass
Decent company will be asking for any CCTV in the area where the incident happened too
nobody was hurt which is the main thing they requested images but all they sent over was photos of the wall and a photo of the back of my wagon from the other side of the wall. If there's a next time I'll be sure to get photos so I can avoid anything like that again.
Razvanti

Post by Razvanti »

Has ya truck got cameras installed? If so get them checked out
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Razvanti wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:36 pm Has ya truck got cameras installed? If so get them checked out
unfortunately not yet although all the fleet will have soon
Peyxinia

Post by Peyxinia »

Yeah many really bad days when you want to crawl into a hole, it gets easier and you get used to it.
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Peyxinia wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:37 pm Yeah many really bad days when you want to crawl into a hole, it gets easier and you get used to it.
I felt like that today that's for sure it didn't help my TM had loads of issues today I think I was the final straw so to speak
Peyxinia

Post by Peyxinia »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:38 pm
Peyxinia wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:37 pm Yeah many really bad days when you want to crawl into a hole, it gets easier and you get used to it.
I felt like that today that's for sure it didn't help my TM had loads of issues today I think I was the final straw so to speak
if one thing goes wrong then everything seems to follow, it just seems awful at the time
Colleeno

Post by Colleeno »

Mate we have all been there and I still have days like this now after 22 years experience so don’t beat yourself up and look at it as a learning curve, you will have another day like this in the future so don’t sweat it pal 🚛💨
Chasysto

Post by Chasysto »

Ignorance time.. what is a Banksman ?
Peyxinia

Post by Peyxinia »

Chasysto wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:39 pm Ignorance time.. what is a Banksman ?
someone who is supposed to be trained to guide you into a space to avoid you hitting anything
Anhander

Post by Anhander »

Chasysto wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:39 pm Ignorance time.. what is a Banksman ?
in the UK a Banksman directs a crane during lifting operations.
A Traffic Marshall is supposed to direct vehicle movements on site.
I personally don't hold much faith in the latter.
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (79.34 KiB) Viewed 1084 times
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

JoGrey wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:43 pm Always take pictures!!
yeah I know I've never been in this situation before I've never even had a scratch on my car up until today so I didn't even think about it. I got out checked the wall seemed okay and the bloke said it's alright so I thought no more of it. Lesson learnt I guess
Gillerme

Post by Gillerme »

Rookie numbers kid, I once wrote off two busses in one day, including a 700yr old wall !!! 😂
Anhander

Post by Anhander »

Gillerme wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:44 pm Rookie numbers kid, I once wrote off two busses in one day, including a 700yr old wall !!! 😂
tell me more ?
Gillerme

Post by Gillerme »

Anhander wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:44 pm
Gillerme wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:44 pm Rookie numbers kid, I once wrote off two busses in one day, including a 700yr old wall !!! 😂
tell me more ?
I went out in the morning on a new service route, went the wrong way, down a tiny, tiny back road, couldn't turn round, as I went round a tight bend, took the so called 700yr old wall out there, drove back to the yard, reversed into the tea hut .. Went out on an afternoon run, had a car drive into the side of my bus ... 😂🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

so you're saying I should try harder next time 😂
Gillerme

Post by Gillerme »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:45 pm
100% .. As Deadpool says .. "Maximum Effort" 👌😂
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Gillerme wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:45 pm
SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:45 pm
100% .. As Deadpool says .. "Maximum Effort" 👌😂
I'll bare that in mind for the next time 😂
Clayneer

Post by Clayneer »

My first few weeks in my current job delivering plant I put a 60 ft boom in a ditch stuck solid, boss and his son came out in a wagon with a telehandler and chains and pulled it out, he said to me after that it happens to the best of drivers so try not to take it to heart. If your boss is worth the money they pay him then he will see it in a similar way.
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Clayneer wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:46 pm My first few weeks in my current job delivering plant I put a 60 ft boom in a ditch stuck solid, boss and his son came out in a wagon with a telehandler and chains and pulled it out, he said to me after that it happens to the best of drivers so try not to take it to heart. If your boss is worth the money they pay him then he will see it in a similar way.
I hope so he seems to understand I mean the first thing he asked me was did I have a banksman. He said he will try and make sure nothing comes back to me from it so fingers crossed.
Johnoler

Post by Johnoler »

It'd be a boring day if something doesn't go wrong! Lol
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (482.87 KiB) Viewed 1062 times
Kentalle

Post by Kentalle »

Johnoler wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:49 pm It'd be a boring day if something doesn't go wrong! Lol
that looks like a sh*t pallet.. Not your fault lol
Johnoler

Post by Johnoler »

Kentalle wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:49 pm
Johnoler wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:49 pm It'd be a boring day if something doesn't go wrong! Lol
combination of a shit pallet and a car pulling out in front of me!
Kentalle

Post by Kentalle »

Johnoler wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:50 pm
I once had a van pull infront of me coming off the a1 at Newark. The DAFt automatic braking decided to take over & put full brakes on. The half ton rolls of paper I had in the back decided they didn't want to be on the pallets anymore
Johnoler

Post by Johnoler »

Kentalle wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:50 pm

I once had a van pull infront of me coming off the a1 at Newark. The DAFt automatic braking decided to take over & put full brakes on. The half ton rolls of paper I had in the back decided they didn't want to be on the pallets anymore
bet you didn't swear once! Lol
Kentalle

Post by Kentalle »

Johnoler wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:51 pm
Kentalle wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:50 pm

bet you didn't swear once! Lol
I never swear 🤫
Neillioni

Post by Neillioni »

This poor driver has had a really bad day 😳
Karlagro

Post by Karlagro »

Neillioni wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:53 pm This poor driver has had a really bad day 😳
take some effort to rip the trailer off. Once saw a pic, someone must have reversed under the trailer at like 100mph cos it sheared the 5th wheel off
Neillioni

Post by Neillioni »

Karlagro wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:54 pm
Neillioni wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:53 pm This poor driver has had a really bad day 😳
take some effort to rip the trailer off. Once saw a pic, someone must have reversed under the trailer at like 100mph cos it sheared the 5th wheel off
I’d say. He must have been going at quite a speed
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

looks like he may have had a worse day than myself
Mclvorce

Post by Mclvorce »

Had similar incident on site with a banksman few years ago. Had a banksman backing me up to tip, only t***ted the cab of a digger. Dented the door and bent some of the frame. F**kin idiot had only f'd off for their break and left me to it 🤦
They tried claiming for a brand new cab sayin it was my fault. I mean I had cameras all round recording. But was looking at a good 4 figure sum to come out of my pocket in an attached invoice.
No idea what happened, I didn't stay round long enough.
DalionoMr

Post by DalionoMr »

Hahaha shit happens. I used to get angry at the drop of a hat at really silly things. Firstly...did anyone die? Secondly these things do happen. Today as an example, had to go to Felixstowe and leave the yard in Wiltshire at 0600. I had to fuel up first. BP declined the card after fueling. Back to the yard to get the new card, road works 5 mile journey took 35mins. Then off to Felixstowe, lorry fire on the M25. I made it there for 1420, obvs had to take a break before the drop. Worse things happen. Take it as a learning experience, dont let it get you down. There are enough drivers that stress at the slightest things. Tomorrow is a different day. Next time you are pulled over pull your mirror in if you can.
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

DalionoMr wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:56 pm Hahaha shit happens. I used to get angry at the drop of a hat at really silly things. Firstly...did anyone die? Secondly these things do happen. Today as an example, had to go to Felixstowe and leave the yard in Wiltshire at 0600. I had to fuel up first. BP declined the card after fueling. Back to the yard to get the new card, road works 5 mile journey took 35mins. Then off to Felixstowe, lorry fire on the M25. I made it there for 1420, obvs had to take a break before the drop. Worse things happen. Take it as a learning experience, dont let it get you down. There are enough drivers that stress at the slightest things. Tomorrow is a different day. Next time you are pulled over pull your mirror in if you can.
I was more worried i wouldn't have a job to go to tomorrow more than anything. I mean I checked the truck and the wall and couldn't see any sign of damage to either plus the bloke said don't worry about it, it was only a tap. I guess my brain didn't engage at that time and I just took it as that. Lesson learnt I just hope it doesn't effect things at my work to greatly
DalionoMr

Post by DalionoMr »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:57 pm
DalionoMr wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:56 pm Hahaha shit happens. I used to get angry at the drop of a hat at really silly things. Firstly...did anyone die? Secondly these things do happen. Today as an example, had to go to Felixstowe and leave the yard in Wiltshire at 0600. I had to fuel up first. BP declined the card after fueling. Back to the yard to get the new card, road works 5 mile journey took 35mins. Then off to Felixstowe, lorry fire on the M25. I made it there for 1420, obvs had to take a break before the drop. Worse things happen. Take it as a learning experience, dont let it get you down. There are enough drivers that stress at the slightest things. Tomorrow is a different day. Next time you are pulled over pull your mirror in if you can.
I was more worried i wouldn't have a job to go to tomorrow more than anything. I mean I checked the truck and the wall and couldn't see any sign of damage to either plus the bloke said don't worry about it, it was only a tap. I guess my brain didn't engage at that time and I just took it as that. Lesson learnt I just hope it doesn't effect things at my work to greatly
i wouldn't worry. Its a learning curve. Next time take loads of pictures and video as proof. Even the slightest damage. Even if they say its ok.
Andconn92

Post by Andconn92 »

Banksmans fault … tell em to bog off
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Andconn92 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:59 pm Banksmans fault … tell em to bog off
well I was thinking along the same lines but they are claiming I ignored them. I meant why on earth would I ask for assistance out their yard only to ignore the person helping me.
Andconn92

Post by Andconn92 »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:00 pm
Andconn92 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:59 pm Banksmans fault … tell em to bog off
well I was thinking along the same lines but they are claiming I ignored them. I meant why on earth would I ask for assistance out their yard only to ignore the person helping me.
If he was a trained banksman from their company then surely your not liable for any damage ,your company should be arguing the toss
Tomaarde

Post by Tomaarde »

No matter what always always take pics of every angle and the nut who was watching you good luck 🤞👍
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Tomaarde wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:01 pm No matter what always always take pics of every angle and the nut who was watching you good luck 🤞👍
I've learnt that lesson now unfortunately I wish I'd learnt it sooner for my defense in this instance. I just hope it doesn't go any further than well it's happened, Insurance pays and we all move on
Tomaarde

Post by Tomaarde »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:01 pm
Tomaarde wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:01 pm No matter what always always take pics of every angle and the nut who was watching you good luck 🤞👍
I've learnt that lesson now unfortunately I wish I'd learnt it sooner for my defense in this instance. I just hope it doesn't go any further than well it's happened, Insurance pays and we all move on
most companies will give you benefit of doubt first time something goes wrong, afterwards keep phone handy always, we all learn at some point no matter what it is, good luck keep yer head down and it'll blow over eventually 👍
SkippV2

Post by SkippV2 »

Sh*t happens pal. Its bumps. Let the insurance sort it. You had a banksman who ballsed up so f**k them.
You'll get days like this. I've had more than I care to admit but look at it this way. No one is bleeding or dead so in that regard its a good day. Learn to say "f**k it" and go again tomorrow.
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

SkippV2 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:02 pm Sh*t happens pal. Its bumps. Let the insurance sort it. You had a banksman who ballsed up so f**k them.
You'll get days like this. I've had more than I care to admit but look at it this way. No one is bleeding or dead so in that regard its a good day. Learn to say "f**k it" and go again tomorrow.
that's the main thing no-one is hurt but with regards to the banksman they are saying I ignored them but as I say no signal was given until after I got the wall. And if a signal was given I certainly didn't see one or hear one but that's my word against theirs
SkippV2

Post by SkippV2 »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:03 pm
SkippV2 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:02 pm Sh*t happens pal. Its bumps. Let the insurance sort it. You had a banksman who ballsed up so f**k them.
that's the main thing no-one is hurt but with regards to the banksman they are saying I ignored them but as I say no signal was given until after I got the wall. And if a signal was given I certainly didn't see one or hear one but that's my word against theirs
thing is people if offices like to get excited about a bumped wall. It means they have an opportunity to justify their jobs. Start investigating and throwing blame around getting their opinions in and all the rest of it.
Thing is, it's just a bump. Every driver has done it. But what this is is a good time to see if their a decent mob to work for. Will they back you or fuck you over?
Besides, plenty work out there so don't sweat it.
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

SkippV2 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:03 pm
SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:03 pm
thing is people if offices like to get excited about a bumped wall. It means they have an opportunity to justify their jobs. Start investigating and throwing blame around getting their opinions in and all the rest of it.
Thing is, it's just a bump. Every driver has done it. But what this is is a good time to see if their a decent mob to work for. Will they back you or fuck you over?
Besides, plenty work out there so don't sweat it.
they seem to be supportive so far well the ones in my office anyway not sure about head office but I imagine my chances of losing my job other a wall should be slim right?

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”