Please tell me I'm not the only one who's had a day like this. So bad day today. Whilst under instruction from

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
MMirekst

Re: Please tell me I'm not the only one who's had a day like this. So bad day today. Whilst under instruction from

Post by MMirekst »

It happens mate. I've hit a few things including the gate where I worked on the way out. Still gets mentioned 2 years on 🤣🤣
Anhander

Re: Please tell me I'm not the only one who's had a day like this. So bad day today. Whilst under instruction from

Post by Anhander »

MMirekst wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:04 pm It happens mate. I've hit a few things including the gate where I worked on the way out. Still gets mentioned 2 years on 🤣🤣
still there though buddy 👍
MMirekst

Post by MMirekst »

Anhander wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:05 pm
MMirekst wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:04 pm It happens mate. I've hit a few things including the gate where I worked on the way out. Still gets mentioned 2 years on 🤣🤣
wasn't sacked for it luckily, nor for the time I reversed into a fence post of a customer And broke it along with 2 panels 😁😁.
Anhander

Post by Anhander »

MMirekst wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:05 pm
wasn't sacked for it luckily, nor for the time I reversed into a fence post of a customer And broke it along with 2 panels 😁😁.
sounds like an understanding boss, which is great.
No one sets out to f... up, but we do make mistakes. It's how you deal with it that's the key.
MMirekst

Post by MMirekst »

No one sets out to f... up, but we do make mistakes. It's how you deal with it that's the key.
you can't drive all day everyday without hitting things occasionally.
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

MMirekst wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:06 pm

you can't drive all day everyday without hitting things occasionally.
I don't doubt I'll get some stick for it for some time in just going I'm there long enough to take it
Anhander

Post by Anhander »

Chin up buddy. It's all a learning curve.
Safe travels 👍
AverillA1

Post by AverillA1 »

I am only a rookie but I found banksmen too pushy and too sloppy. I learnt to not let them rush me and take it just as slow and careful as if they weren't there.
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

AverillA1 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:07 pm I am only a rookie but I found banksmen too pushy and too sloppy. I learnt to not let them rush me and take it just as slow and careful as if they weren't there.
I think that'll be the way I treat it from now on the banksman today was useless and obviously just wanted to cover himself so he didn't get into 💩
Jonento

Post by Jonento »

First day out on my own I had except it was a van I hit,bust rear light cluster and scraped the paint off side panel,banksman admitted fault and said its no biggy as the van belongs to there company.bsnksman went to get site manager who also said it was fine not to worry,took pica to show my boss then phoned him to let him know,when I got back to yard my company had a £500 bill for the van and the site manager said I had no banksman,didnt get his name so my company paid up,luckily my boss saw funny side of it and I chalked it up to experience👍
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Jonento wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:08 pm First day out on my own I had except it was a van I hit,bust rear light cluster and scraped the paint off side panel,banksman admitted fault and said its no biggy as the van belongs to there company.bsnksman went to get site manager who also said it was fine not to worry,took pica to show my boss then phoned him to let him know,when I got back to yard my company had a £500 bill for the van and the site manager said I had no banksman,didnt get his name so my company paid up,luckily my boss saw funny side of it and I chalked it up to experience👍
pretty much the same situation they said was fine but when I got back to the yard they had emailed through and phoned the office. Banksman never gave me a signal other than keep coming then they claim I ignored the banksman entirely
Jonento

Post by Jonento »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:08 pm
Jonento wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:08 pm First day out on my own I had except it was a van I hit,bust rear light cluster and scraped the paint off side panel,banksman admitted fault and said its no biggy as the van belongs to there company.bsnksman went to get site manager who also said it was fine not to worry,took pica to show my boss then phoned him to let him know,when I got back to yard my company had a £500 bill for the van and the site manager said I had no banksman,didnt get his name so my company paid up,luckily my boss saw funny side of it and I chalked it up to experience👍
pretty much the same situation they said was fine but when I got back to the yard they had emailed through and phoned the office. Banksman never gave me a signal other than keep coming then they claim I ignored the banksman entirely
if your boss is half decent he will know its on them but without proof he's gonna have to suck it up, never trust a banskman, they may be trained and knowledgeable about how trucks move, or they may be completely braindead and assigned to all the shit jobs like banking trucks🙄
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Jonento wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:09 pm
if your boss is half decent he will know its on them but without proof he's gonna have to suck it up, never trust a banskman, they may be trained and knowledgeable about how trucks move, or they may be completely braindead and assigned to all the shit jobs like banking trucks🙄
no unfortunately no camera on the truck and I naively didn't take any photos as I've never been in that situation before
Jonento

Post by Jonento »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:09 pm
Jonento wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:09 pm

no unfortunately no camera on the truck and I naively didn't take any photos as I've never been in that situation before
chalk it up to experience then and move on 🙂
Wingann

Post by Wingann »

Did you take your own photos of the wall?
Or get the reg of the truck that hit you
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Wingann wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:10 pm Did you take your own photos of the wall?
unfortunately not of the wall I naively didn't even think to do so (I know rookie error) I've never been in that situation before. I got photos of the truck that hit my mirror, the name of the driver and the reg.
Wingann

Post by Wingann »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:10 pm
Wingann wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:10 pm Did you take your own photos of the wall?
unfortunately not of the wall I naively didn't even think to do so (I know rookie error) I've never been in that situation before. I got photos of the truck that hit my mirror, the name of the driver and the reg.
at least you got the second part.
Every days a school day mate, live and learn. I never trust a banks man, they don’t pay the bills and most don’t give a f*ck
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Wingann wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:11 pm
SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:10 pm
at least you got the second part.
Every days a school day mate, live and learn. I never trust a banks man, they don’t pay the bills and most don’t give a f*ck
a few hard lessons learnt today that's for sure hopefully I can learn all my other lessons without the accidents to go with them
LeeWillz

Post by LeeWillz »

About 14 years ago one of my blokes was accused of hitting a brick pier at the gate of Hampton Court.
The crack in the pier,(about 8 courses down from the top),was so old it had cobwebs in it,the bit that had moved was about 190 bricks in total.
Our alloy box trailer didn’t have a mark on it,not even a scratch,yet despite the evidence the gateman insisted it was my guy.
Total bill for those 90 bricks that he didn’t hit?
£26 grand....
I was not flavour of the month with our insurers when it came to renewal time...
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

LeeWillz wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:12 pm About 14 years ago one of my blokes was accused of hitting a brick pier at the gate of Hampton Court.
The crack in the pier,(about 8 courses down from the top),was so old it had cobwebs in it,the bit that had moved was about 190 bricks in total.
Our alloy box trailer didn’t have a mark on it,not even a scratch,yet despite the evidence the gateman insisted it was my guy.
Total bill for those 90 bricks that he didn’t hit?
£26 grand....
I was not flavour of the month with our insurers when it came to renewal time...
ouch that's an expensive day at the office. Some of the cracks in the photos they sent my yard were discolored as though they'd been like that for a long time plus they was about 15 to 20ft away from the point I got. The one bit I know was me was fresh terracotta colour and it was only the size of a two pence piece
Jonesti

Post by Jonesti »

No, we all have days, sometimes all week like that
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Jonesti wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:15 pm No, we all have days, sometimes all week like that
I hope it doesn't continue I can deal with a day like it but I don't think I'd have a job of I had a week like it 😂
JoGrey

Post by JoGrey »

Never trust a banksman youre the captain of your ship
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

JoGrey wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:15 pm Never trust a banksman youre the captain of your ship
that lesson has been learnt today that's for sure. My issue was I had the sun in my mirrors and was hoping an extra set of eyes would be helpful, oh boy was I wrong
JoGrey

Post by JoGrey »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:16 pm
JoGrey wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:15 pm Never trust a banksman youre the captain of your ship
that lesson has been learnt today that's for sure. My issue was I had the sun in my mirrors and was hoping an extra set of eyes would be helpful, oh boy was I wrong
keep your mirrors spotless and get out and look and judge distance and ground conditions
Pedroff22

Post by Pedroff22 »

It's a thankless task, you won't get praised each day you don't hit something but the day you do will be remembered, it can also have massive consequences if you do fk up unlike if you stack shelves and drop a box paper towels. It can also seriously damage your health due to the sedentary nature of it and can also affect you mentally due to the solitude and aggressive behavior of people around you,,,,apart from that tho it's not bad
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Pedroff22 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:17 pm It's a thankless task, you won't get praised each day you don't hit something but the day you do will be remembered, it can also have massive consequences if you do fk up unlike if you stack shelves and drop a box paper towels. It can also seriously damage your health due to the sedentary nature of it and can also affect you mentally due to the solitude and aggressive behavior of people around you,,,,apart from that tho it's not bad
I have noticed people getting rather testy this last week or so more so than usual it seems but I try to ignore that as much as I can. The responsibility of what we do is not lost on me as I've been saying to my missis every incident is potentially a serious one. That's why I was panicking so much on my way back about getting the can. I'm hoping they will just chock it up as a learning experience and move on I mean some of the blokes at my yard have said they've taken out cars, telephone wires and the likes so hopefully I should be okay.
Pedroff22

Post by Pedroff22 »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:17 pm
Pedroff22 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:17 pm It's a thankless task, you won't get praised each day you don't hit something but the day you do will be remembered, it can also have massive consequences if you do fk up unlike if you stack shelves and drop a box paper towels. It can also seriously damage your health due to the sedentary nature of it and can also affect you mentally due to the solitude and aggressive behavior of people around you,,,,apart from that tho it's not bad
I have noticed people getting rather testy this last week or so more so than usual it seems but I try to ignore that as much as I can. The responsibility of what we do is not lost on me as I've been saying to my missis every incident is potentially a serious one. That's why I was panicking so much on my way back about getting the can. I'm hoping they will just chock it up as a learning experience and move on I mean some of the blokes at my yard have said they've taken out cars, telephone wires and the likes so hopefully I should be okay.
hopefully you'll be ok, I've described a gloomy picture of it but it can seem like it some days, other times if the sun's shining radio on and nice trip up the road it's a good way to earn a living👍
JoGrey

Post by JoGrey »

To make you smile. Had a young new driver come to yard saying every time he came around this bend in the morning there was a young woman in a window naked getting dressed. 3 days later he was late never turned up to the yard he drove a milk tanker straight through an 8foot brick wall into her back garden
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

JoGrey wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:18 pm To make you smile. Had a young new driver come to yard saying every time he came around this bend in the morning there was a young woman in a window naked getting dressed. 3 days later he was late never turned up to the yard he drove a milk tanker straight through an 8foot brick wall into her back garden
I guess that's a valid reason for doing so. Bet that went down well with the insurance companies 😂
JoGrey

Post by JoGrey »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:19 pm
JoGrey wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:18 pm To make you smile. Had a young new driver come to yard saying every time he came around this bend in the morning there was a young woman in a window naked getting dressed. 3 days later he was late never turned up to the yard he drove a milk tanker straight through an 8foot brick wall into her back garden
I guess that's a valid reason for doing so. Bet that went down well with the insurance companies 😂
damp patch, skidded 😉
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

JoGrey wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:19 pm
SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:19 pm
damp patch, skidded 😉
I don't doubt their was a damp patch 😂
RossNan

Post by RossNan »

A banksman is charge whilst your being banked I had same.at batter sea power station the banks man was sacked and my damaged light was repaired at his company's cost
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

RossNan wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:20 pm A banksman is charge whilst your being banked I had same.at batter sea power station the banks man was sacked and my damaged light was repaired at his company's cost
unfortunately they are saying i ignored the banksman but he didn't give me any sign to stop visible or verbal. He slowly raised his hand when I got out the cab with a smile on his face and said it's a wall
Junaidol

Post by Junaidol »

I wouldn’t worry mate, as long as no one was hurt and your okay that’s the main thing.
These companies have insurance for a reason there’s going to be accidents 👍
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Junaidol wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:21 pm I wouldn’t worry mate, as long as no one was hurt and your okay that’s the main thing.
I guess so it's just really poor timing everyone had a meeting this morning about reducing the risk of accidents then that happened today.
Junaidol

Post by Junaidol »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:21 pm
Junaidol wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:21 pm I wouldn’t worry mate, as long as no one was hurt and your okay that’s the main thing.
I guess so it's just really poor timing everyone had a meeting this morning about reducing the risk of accidents then that happened today.
wouldn’t stress mate, as long as we learn from mistakes and no one’s hurt 👍
I put a hole in a top of a box hitting a low branch while avoiding others
Mulleefo

Post by Mulleefo »

Did you not take pictures of the damage yourself
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Mulleefo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:23 pm Did you not take pictures of the damage yourself
when I got out to look at it I couldn't see any damage to the wall or my wagon so I didn't even think to do so. I've never been in a situation like this before and I guess my brain didn't engage on that front
Mulleefo

Post by Mulleefo »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:23 pm
Mulleefo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:23 pm Did you not take pictures of the damage yourself
when I got out to look at it I couldn't see any damage to the wall or my wagon so I didn't even think to do so. I've never been in a situation like this before and I guess my brain didn't engage on that front
yeah learning curve mate.
I learned while ago. Always take pictures
Had a tool in country lane (who was going to fast) side swipe me as I was delivering gas bottles
He sent pictures in of his wing caved in. Transport manager was an idiot and completely blamed me , even though my photos clearly showed I was pulled in a lay-by by the house
Started processing my dismissal until I asked him how a compression dent with zero scratches could be created by a side swipe.
Car driver was trying to get his bodywork fixed and this tool was falling for it.
Since then, anything that’s close to impact I take pictures then email them to myself, (that way don’t have phone full of pics)
Haven’t needed them since. But I figured for the little time it takes.
Hope it works out for you mate.
JoGrey

Post by JoGrey »

Fulham football ground development a few years back definitely had the worlds worse banksmen
DaniGet

Post by DaniGet »

It happens. I went to Greencore Northampton. Reversed on the bay no problem. Got loaded, pulled of the bay and the security dude came running out said as I'd turned, said I'd pulled a metal panel from the side wall of the warehouse, cos its a tight bay. I felt nothing and said I didn't. Parked up for the H&S manager to come. They reviewed footage and turned out it was one of their drivers earlier that morning and they tried to nobble me for it😂😂😂Cant lie when its on CCTV pal😂😂
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

DaniGet wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:24 pm It happens. I went to Greencore Northampton. Reversed on the bay no problem. Got loaded, pulled of the bay and the security dude came running out said as I'd turned, said I'd pulled a metal panel from the side wall of the warehouse, cos its a tight bay. I felt nothing and said I didn't. Parked up for the H&S manager to come. They reviewed footage and turned out it was one of their drivers earlier that morning and they tried to nobble me for it😂😂😂Cant lie when its on CCTV pal😂😂
unfortunately the only CCTV they have of it is from the other side of the wall it only shows the top of my lorry.
DaniGet

Post by DaniGet »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:24 pm
DaniGet wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:24 pm It happens. I went to Greencore Northampton. Reversed on the bay no problem. Got loaded, pulled of the bay and the security dude came running out said as I'd turned, said I'd pulled a metal panel from the side wall of the warehouse, cos its a tight bay. I felt nothing and said I didn't. Parked up for the H&S manager to come. They reviewed footage and turned out it was one of their drivers earlier that morning and they tried to nobble me for it😂😂😂Cant lie when its on CCTV pal😂😂
unfortunately the only CCTV they have of it is from the other side of the wall it only shows the top of my lorry.
thats crap mate. I wouldn't worry too much. People have done way worse and apart from sarcastic remarks from other drivers, its normally forgotten about soon enough
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

DaniGet wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:25 pm
thats crap mate. I wouldn't worry too much. People have done way worse and apart from sarcastic remarks from other drivers, its normally forgotten about soon enough
I hope so. I've only had my hgv since September and am still green to it all. I'm hoping my managers are understanding and chalk it up to experience
DaniGet

Post by DaniGet »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:25 pm
DaniGet wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:25 pm

I hope so. I've only had my hgv since September and am still green to it all. I'm hoping my managers are understanding and chalk it up to experience
you're fairly new mate so they'll be understanding i would have thought. That banksmam should be shouldering most of the blame to be fair
Taxissi87

Post by Taxissi87 »

Been there got t shirt don't particularly want it had a banks man 2 actually backing into a nay through those hanging strips any way that end was fine the cab well I didn't notice the chain nearside front corner of my cab get caught round the camera and indicator I was about ready Jack and hang my boots up I'm still here 2 months on don't trust anyone but yourself any decent banks will accept you want to get out and have a look (GOAL Get Out And Look) it's going to get to I know I'm still waiting to go back and kill the demon of that sight. The person who has never made a mistake has never done a day's work .
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Taxissi87 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:27 pm Been there got t shirt don't particularly want it had a banks man 2 actually backing into a nay through those hanging strips any way that end was fine the cab well I didn't notice the chain nearside front corner of my cab get caught round the camera and indicator I was about ready Jack and hang my boots up I'm still here 2 months on don't trust anyone but yourself any decent banks will accept you want to get out and have a look (GOAL Get Out And Look) it's going to get to I know I'm still waiting to go back and kill the demon of that sight. The person who has never made a mistake has never done a day's work .
from now on I'll be doing just that no matter how long it takes I'll keep checking my distance, angle and shunt as many times as I have to in order to manoeuvre safely.
Taxissi87

Post by Taxissi87 »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:27 pm
Taxissi87 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:27 pm Been there got t shirt don't particularly want it had a banks man 2 actually backing into a nay through those hanging strips any way that end was fine the cab well I didn't notice the chain nearside front corner of my cab get caught round the camera and indicator I was about ready Jack and hang my boots up I'm still here 2 months on don't trust anyone but yourself any decent banks will accept you want to get out and have a look (GOAL Get Out And Look) it's going to get to I know I'm still waiting to go back and kill the demon of that sight. The person who has never made a mistake has never done a day's work .
from now on I'll be doing just that no matter how long it takes I'll keep checking my distance, angle and shunt as many times as I have to in order to manoeuvre safely.
O fa sakes state of my spelling 🤣 I blame 5 o'clock starts lay in tomorrow 6 o'clock
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Taxissi87 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:27 pm
SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:27 pm
O fa sakes state of my spelling 🤣 I blame 5 o'clock starts lay in tomorrow 6 o'clock
that's alright I know the feeling or brains have no energy left by this point in the day I'm surprised I can even keep my eyes open let er known type a full sentence.
JoGrey

Post by JoGrey »

Some yellow bricks in London have a black core and only a 1 cm covering of yellow
Wellgard

Post by Wellgard »

Let ya banks man use his shovel next time stay away from the wall it’s not worth the chew
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Simorrin wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:31 pm Banks man fault all day.
I mean I hit the wall which in more than willing to accept responsibility for, but yeah I was expecting some sort of warning at least or if I'm that close maybe shout stop.
Simorrin

Post by Simorrin »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:31 pm
I mean I hit the wall which in more than willing to accept responsibility for, but yeah I was expecting some sort of warning at least or if I'm that close maybe shout stop.
if he took the responsibility of being your banks man he’s your eyes it’s his fault mate get Cctv
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Simorrin wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:32 pm
if he took the responsibility of being your banks man he’s your eyes it’s his fault mate get Cctv
the only CCTV around was from a yard behind the wall which only shows the top of my wagon unfortunately
Simorrin

Post by Simorrin »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:32 pm

the only CCTV around was from a yard behind the wall which only shows the top of my wagon unfortunately
you’ll have to argue that 1 out. If it’s a customer you work for possibly irrelevant anyway. As for your mirror always tuck your nose to the left even kerb it they only hit trailer then.. Soon b Friday.
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Simorrin wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:33 pm
SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:32 pm

you’ll have to argue that 1 out. If it’s a customer you work for possibly irrelevant anyway. As for your mirror always tuck your nose to the left even kerb it they only hit trailer then.. Soon b Friday.
unfortunately not it was our own firm delivering to another company in the group but the wall I got belongs to someone else. I'm assuming of it is my word against his then no-one can really be held to full account.
Darreco

Post by Darreco »

No way sre you the only one. Shit happens and usually it cones in a block .do dot worry we all have those days
Reeditzi5

Post by Reeditzi5 »

Ask for cctv of the first incident and the second, if you were parked up and reported it immediately than your bad day doesn’t seem so bad after all!
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Reeditzi5 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:34 pm Ask for cctv of the first incident and the second, if you were parked up and reported it immediately than your bad day doesn’t seem so bad after all!
the second one I reported immediately. The first one I was going to wait until I was back at yard as I wrote it down in our accident notebooks we carry but the emails had arrived before I got back due to the second one.
The only CCTV of the first one is from behind the wall and all you can see is the top of my wagon the banksman doesn't appear in the video once apart from crossing the road to get behind the wagon in the first place
Reeditzi5

Post by Reeditzi5 »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:35 pm
Reeditzi5 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:34 pm Ask for cctv of the first incident and the second, if you were parked up and reported it immediately than your bad day doesn’t seem so bad after all!
the second one I reported immediately. The first one I was going to wait until I was back at yard as I wrote it down in our accident notebooks we carry but the emails had arrived before I got back due to the second one.
The only CCTV of the first one is from behind the wall and all you can see is the top of my wagon the banksman doesn't appear in the video once apart from crossing the road to get behind the wagon in the first place
so the first one, the company have no actual footage of you hitting the wall? Or the banks man telling you to stop? Because if they haven’t then they haven’t got any real proof!
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Reeditzi5 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:35 pm
SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:35 pm
so the first one, the company have no actual footage of you hitting the wall? Or the banks man telling you to stop? Because if they haven’t then they haven’t got any real proof!
The video shows me stopping with my rear end basically on the wall not that you can tell from the video itself and the banksman can't be seen at all apart from crossing the road
Birdisio

Post by Birdisio »

Last week at a supermarket, refused a banksman, sh1t all over the yard, electric gate stuck in the open position, encroaching on maneuvering area, touched a Mercedes sprinter, literally, broke the bonnet badge on a bit of my light cluster. Anybody would think I had killed the managers Grandma while crossing the road on a zebra crossing while helping to children cross, he us more or less claiming I wrote the front end if the can off. Cost of emblem, original oem, £26.81p. Emails flying here there and everywhere. Must have spent more on staff time sending the emails than the cost of it.
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Birdisio wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:36 pm Last week at a supermarket, refused a banksman, sh1t all over the yard, electric gate stuck in the open position, encroaching on maneuvering area, touched a Mercedes sprinter, literally, broke the bonnet badge on a bit of my light cluster. Anybody would think I had killed the managers Grandma while crossing the road on a zebra crossing while helping to children cross, he us more or less claiming I wrote the front end if the can off. Cost of emblem, original oem, £26.81p. Emails flying here there and everywhere. Must have spent more on staff time sending the emails than the cost of it.
that seems to be the way they work for everything as I said in my post when I looked for damage to the wall I could barely see anything, I had no damage to the wagon at all. Yet in the emails the bit that I got must have been picked at to make it look worse and the cracks in the wall were a good 15 to 20ft away yet with no damage or markings on my wagon one would assume those cracks were already there
Jonfusi88

Post by Jonfusi88 »

no we have all had worse days lol
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

In response to everyone commenting on this post I really appreciate the support you've all shown and I will certainly be taking every lesson I can from today. I just needed to clear up in my mind whether I was at complete fault or not ( I mean I hit the wall and I take ownership of that fact but I'm so relieved to see everyone's opinion basically is the same) my biggest mistake of the day was trusting the banksman more than I should and not taking photos.
Cranech30

Post by Cranech30 »

I've always been told never trust a banksman 100% if you are unsure get out and look for yourself. Don't beat yourself up about it mate, write today off and start again tomorrow.
JoGrey

Post by JoGrey »

Cranech30 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:40 pm I've always been told never trust a banksman 100% if you are unsure get out and look for yourself. Don't beat yourself up about it mate, write today off and start again tomorrow.
never trust a banksman 10 percent
Ivanenny70

Post by Ivanenny70 »

Always use your phone to take as many pictures as you want, so when they claim substantial damages you have a photo with a time, data and GPS co-ordinate , that way you can refute there claims, also show them or send them to your boss or supervisor.
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Ivanenny70 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:48 pm Always use your phone to take as many pictures as you want, so when they claim substantial damages you have a photo with a time, data and GPS co-ordinate , that way you can refute there claims, also show them or send them to your boss or supervisor.
next time if I have a next time I'll be sure to do that hopefully I won't need to but yeah I've never been in that situation before so I just wanted to get out of everyone's way.
Ivanenny70

Post by Ivanenny70 »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:49 pm
Ivanenny70 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:48 pm Always use your phone to take as many pictures as you want, so when they claim substantial damages you have a photo with a time, data and GPS co-ordinate , that way you can refute there claims, also show them or send them to your boss or supervisor.
next time if I have a next time I'll be sure to do that hopefully I won't need to but yeah I've never been in that situation before so I just wanted to get out of everyone's way.
Yeah, life is a learning process! never relies on the other person being honest.
Burdenij

Post by Burdenij »

You live and learn never trust a banksman 90% are just idiots take it as a lesson learned weve all been there
Pollardex

Post by Pollardex »

1 don’t trust the banks man.
2 if you ever hit anything stop and take pictures exactly where you are that way no one can claim against extra damage
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Pollardex wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:50 pm 1 don’t trust the banks man.
2 if you ever hit anything stop and take pictures exactly where you are that way no one can claim against extra damage
that was my biggest mistake I've never hit anything in my life so it wasn't too sure how to handle it in fairness

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”