Please tell me I'm not the only one who's had a day like this. So bad day today. Whilst under instruction from

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Pollardex

Re: Please tell me I'm not the only one who's had a day like this. So bad day today. Whilst under instruction from

Post by Pollardex »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:51 pm
Pollardex wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:50 pm 1 don’t trust the banks man.
2 if you ever hit anything stop and take pictures exactly where you are that way no one can claim against extra damage
that was my biggest mistake I've never hit anything in my life so it wasn't too sure how to handle it in fairness
we all do it m8 and we all stand there first time and think wtf do I need to do. The key is we learn from it and move forward. Explain everything to your company it’s up to them to fight it and ask for cctv footage
Simorrin

Re: Please tell me I'm not the only one who's had a day like this. So bad day today. Whilst under instruction from

Post by Simorrin »

2 if you ever hit anything stop and take pictures exactly where you are that way no one can claim against extra damage
some firms won’t let you reverse without a banks man trust him or not!
Pollardex

Post by Pollardex »

Simorrin wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:52 pm
I didn’t say refuse a banksman, I said don’t trust them there is a huge difference in the two
Simorrin

Post by Simorrin »

Pollardex wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:52 pm
Simorrin wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:52 pm
I didn’t say refuse a banksman, I said don’t trust them there is a huge difference in the two
apologies
Owenne

Post by Owenne »

If your ever going to trust a banksman. Make sure they are a qualified banksman and there is cctv in the area. Then don’t trust him and proceed with caution.
Jamflunio

Post by Jamflunio »

never trust a banksman always get out and assess the situation. Take your own photos.
JoGrey

Post by JoGrey »

Banksman london £15 / hour
DDalento

Post by DDalento »

Just never admit liability
LewisEasy

Post by LewisEasy »

mate my over hang hit some racking today onto a lamppost in a yard pulled it down the racking half in the road and a bin so it was tight never seen so many heads running around with cameras i said the same no one was hurt or killed its a accident not hit nothing in 3 years of driving they gave me a mouth full at my yard then told them to stick there job chin up mate
Savmalict

Post by Savmalict »

That's what they pay insurance for, everyone of us has clipped/hit something at one point or other
Anixires24

Post by Anixires24 »

see, this evening's post from https://www.facebook.com/russell.fotherby.39 on this group. says he saw someone hit a wall today & that the Banksman was on Facebook & Eating a Pork Pie!!! wonder if the same site ???
Robertex44

Post by Robertex44 »

Never trust a yardman..get out and look..
Jamientru

Post by Jamientru »

Mate I’ve had weeks where I thought it couldn’t get any worse and it did, I wouldn’t worry about it these things happen
Mcfaulder

Post by Mcfaulder »

Jamientru wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:01 pm Mate I’ve had weeks where I thought it couldn’t get any worse and it did, I wouldn’t worry about it these things happen
and you did get worse
Steedge

Post by Steedge »

If your company doesn’t back you after you telling them what really happened and there getting sh*tty with you I would start looking for another job mate
Decctio

Post by Decctio »

So that's 1 more to go they say things like this come in threes lol 😂 I know cos that's my kind of luck it does piss u off and don't matter how long u been driving it happens Chin up pal 👍
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

In a small update today's not been so bad thus far went to a site and the banksman was actually quite good. I've not hit anything yet and I've just made it to the services in time for my break. I'm amazed they let me back in in the wagon to be fair
Karlagro

Post by Karlagro »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:05 pm In a small update today's not been so bad thus far went to a site and the banksman was actually quite good. I've not hit anything yet and I've just made it to the services in time for my break. I'm amazed they let me back in in the wagon to be fair
'Yet' the key word there 😝 just joking. Everyone said not to worry about it 🙂
Jasonix

Post by Jasonix »

SpakauGo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:05 pm In a small update today's not been so bad thus far went to a site and the banksman was actually quite good. I've not hit anything yet and I've just made it to the services in time for my break. I'm amazed they let me back in in the wagon to be fair
if every company ditched every driver thats had a prang there would be no drivers left 🙂
SpakauGo

Post by SpakauGo »

Jasonix wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:06 pm
if every company ditched every driver thats had a prang there would be no drivers left 🙂
I spoke to my companies national transport hub this evening as I had insurance companies contact me directly with my personal details. Luckily for me my transport hub said that shouldn't have happened and as far as concerned I can draw a line under it.
Transch32

Post by Transch32 »

Don’t worry about it bud, I’ve had worse days than that. Just stand by the facts and you can’t do any more than that

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”