Question about shunt buttons please guys. Was never taught about them and never used so keen to learn what it's for.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Frankle190

Question about shunt buttons please guys. Was never taught about them and never used so keen to learn what it's for.

Post by Frankle190 »

Question about shunt buttons please guys. Was never taught about them and never used so keen to learn what it's for. Can it be used when doing same-bay drops and swaps to save having to connect all the suzies to move a trailer 100 yds?
Bayritz

Re: Question about shunt buttons please guys. Was never taught about them and never used so keen to learn what it's for.

Post by Bayritz »

Yes but keep your speed low I’d say less than 20mph and like you say no need to fully connect just push to shunt and pull to park I don’t even wind legs on flat surface just use the air suspension.
NNorman

Re: Question about shunt buttons please guys. Was never taught about them and never used so keen to learn what it's for.

Post by NNorman »

Bayritz wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:49 am Yes but keep your speed low I’d say less than 20mph and like you say no need to fully connect just push to shunt and pull to park I don’t even wind legs on flat surface just use the air suspension.
this but be f**king cautious of pot holes. Some mug did this at our place (yard is f**ked) and bent the legs to buggery
Gazilee

Post by Gazilee »

Most companies have a no shunt button policy
Gazilee

Post by Gazilee »

Even the tugs connect suzie
Maresco

Post by Maresco »

Don’t move a loaded trailer on shunt button
Grimson

Post by Grimson »

Totally ignore the shunt button
Camplebb

Post by Camplebb »

Will get you out off the do do if you snap a suzie to get you to a safe spot
Mikeer

Post by Mikeer »

It's ideal if you get to a place where it's tight to turn round, one of my deliveries you have to screw it round to get out, it's that tight I drop all my lines, hit the shunt button and away I go, only ever do it empty tho as if doing it loaded, you're at risk of taking tyres off rims
Smallenta

Post by Smallenta »

Can only be used in yard for shunting trailers about or on bay etc.
SStepayno

Post by SStepayno »

Won't work if the trailer has an air leak and hasn't enough air in the tank to release the brakes

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”