Amazes me how many muppets driving HGV vehicles are using their phone while driving… Had an artic today doing

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Yatesso89

Amazes me how many muppets driving HGV vehicles are using their phone while driving… Had an artic today doing

Post by Yatesso89 »

Amazes me how many muppets driving HGV vehicles are using their phone while driving… Had an artic today doing something on his phone with his headphones in single carriageway coming at me veer off the road into the grass and mud so swung the tractor unit back over dust and debris flying everywhere from the trailer, as he swerved back over onto my side of the road head on slammed on heart went max dunno how he didn’t hit me! If I was 5 seconds earlier it would of been fatal! Stay safe out there.
Andresso

Re: Amazes me how many muppets driving HGV vehicles are using their phone while driving… Had an artic today doing

Post by Andresso »

Caught a driver from my company which is 1/2 mile from my depot in class 2 with phone in hand in traffic.
Bayritz

Re: Amazes me how many muppets driving HGV vehicles are using their phone while driving… Had an artic today doing

Post by Bayritz »

Andresso wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:48 pm Caught a driver from my company which is 1/2 mile from my depot in class 2 with phone in hand in traffic.
what did your TM say when you told him about him?
Jowettan

Post by Jowettan »

Covid lockdown seemed to somehow turn drivers into 🤡
Markable

Post by Markable »

That’s most peoples pet hates drive I blow my horn when I see anyone on there phones boils my pi@& someone could be seriously hurt or like you said fatal even worse when you see a so called professional driver doing it ffs 🤦‍♂️ hope your ok though drive
Billienc

Post by Billienc »

If you got a camera give the footage to the police.
Yatesso89

Post by Yatesso89 »

Billienc wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:51 pm If you got a camera give the footage to the police.
I haven’t and this is only truck without one but I’m going to put my own dash cam in for this reason otherwise it’s word against word with any claims etc
NNorman

Post by NNorman »

I've seen (and probably most others on here) plenty of muppets on their phones whilst driving, ranging from women with babies in car seats in the back pulling out at junctions without looking to hgv drivers with a phone in each hand and steering with his elbows. The amount of stupidity is mind blowing. It costs a lot of money and takes time to gain your licence yet you can lose it within an instant especially when it comes to HGV, so I don't understand why these idiots take the risk especially in a class 1 or any vehicle for that matter. Is the phone that important they NEED to look at it or answer a message? They should concentrate on the roads and look at their phone(s) on break or rest periods because one day they will look at their phone and it's all over. Loss of licence, loss of livelihood, no money coming in, can't pay the mortgage, maybe even a prison sentence for killing someone... the list is endless.
Mattee22

Post by Mattee22 »

Gave a Farmfoods lorry a big handful a few weeks ago on the M1 North.......phone in hand and oblivious to his surroundings and my horn made him jump and drop his phone 📱
I am 100% sure he was a new driver too as he was very young which is the scary thing
Colinco

Post by Colinco »

Thats why I always leave the lane departure warning on.
Alekke818

Post by Alekke818 »

Saw 1 guy peelin an orange other week
Edgarsto

Post by Edgarsto »

Alekke818 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:54 pm Saw 1 guy peelin an orange other week
wow and eating it
KevConn

Post by KevConn »

Oranges are easy to peel 🤔 starbust on the other hand 😆
Alekke818

Post by Alekke818 »

KevConn wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:56 pm
worst 1 saw guy rolling a fag on M 62
KevConn

Post by KevConn »

Alekke818 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:56 pm
KevConn wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:56 pm
worst 1 saw guy rolling a fag on M 62
probably a spliff 😝
Nicalco

Post by Nicalco »

I saw one peeling a banana whilst driving on a motorway! The really annoying thing is he kept it in a perfectly straight line......the cheek of it 😏
Alekke818

Post by Alekke818 »

Nicalco wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:58 pm
I saw one peeling a banana whilst driving on a motorway! The really annoying thing is he kept it in a perfectly straight line......the cheek of it 😏
my worse ok stuck in traffic on M62 J18 - J 19 woman in merc car eating cerial in dish with milk lookin at open laptop on passenger's seat
JonRoz

Post by JonRoz »

The amount of drivers doing their paperwork when driving on motorways is astonishing
CojoCorr

Post by CojoCorr »

We should get danger money for using the roads with some of the morons out there driving
FordyMr

Post by FordyMr »

Yes a true muppet, but if you was that five seconds earlier you wouldn't have told us. Only saying.
Bobreno

Post by Bobreno »

I know mate, some tosses around, get back to being professional drivers
Leeaffo

Post by Leeaffo »

I see it all time, if I toot at em they go nuts, they must have a low IQ
Mattee22

Post by Mattee22 »

Just make it a ban for using a phone when driving and insurance loading like drink drink driving. Caught texting or on FB, bye bye licence and 10 years of double everything.
Colhounio

Post by Colhounio »

thought you were participating on the TDF? 🤔
Jamero

Post by Jamero »

Daily occurrence it annoys me I blow the horn if next to them and 9/10times phone goes flying Into footwell
Calvinch

Post by Calvinch »

Messing on phone is worse than drink driving in my opinion... What a D**k Head....

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”