Who else got this letter this morning? Apparently they want all hgv drivers to go to work. Sorry, but a million

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Danitech

Who else got this letter this morning? Apparently they want all hgv drivers to go to work. Sorry, but a million

Post by Danitech »

Who else got this letter this morning? Apparently they want all hgv drivers to go to work.
Sorry, but a million pounds a week (car transporter/tanker driver money) couldn't get me back in the driving seat. Don't need the abuse.
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (140.4 KiB) Viewed 593 times
Simonly

Re: Who else got this letter this morning? Apparently they want all hgv drivers to go to work. Sorry, but a million

Post by Simonly »

They are only sending these out because their idea of getting foreigners over to do it has backfired!
Lucianet

Re: Who else got this letter this morning? Apparently they want all hgv drivers to go to work. Sorry, but a million

Post by Lucianet »

At your age, I understand your decision... but for a young driver this is opportunity... many young people have family, mortgage to pay... maybe you have all, but others don't...
Danndes

Post by Danndes »

Just got up to mine. I love the fact that they're sending them out to the people that have stopped driving due to CPC. No mention of fucking it off though. I thought that might be one of their tactics, at least for a year or so, just to get arses in seats
Hassans

Post by Hassans »

Danndes wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:21 pm Just got up to mine. I love the fact that they're sending them out to the people that have stopped driving due to CPC. No mention of fucking it off though. I thought that might be one of their tactics, at least for a year or so, just to get arses in seats
that's what put me off driving after I came out the army in 2012. they never told us about any of the 5000 things you need to pay for before you can even drive. like CPC and then 350 for some other course.
Danndes

Post by Danndes »

Hassans wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:30 pm
Danndes wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:21 pm Just got up to mine. I love the fact that they're sending them out to the people that have stopped driving due to CPC. No mention of fucking it off though. I thought that might be one of their tactics, at least for a year or so, just to get arses in seats
that's what put me off driving after I came out the army in 2012. they never told us about any of the 5000 things you need to pay for before you can even drive. like CPC and then 350 for some other course.
it gets to be a bit stupid when you have to pay to work. I know some companies put you through it, but not all.
Hassans

Post by Hassans »

Danndes wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:30 pm
it gets to be a bit stupid when you have to pay to work. I know some companies put you through it, but not all.
won't lie I was tempted when I received the letter then looked it up and the hoops you have to jump through. Will stick to driving vans lol
Jonarie34

Post by Jonarie34 »

won't lie I was tempted when I received the letter then looked it up and the hoops you have to jump through. Will stick to driving vans lol
they are sending them out to all hgv drivers. I got one and I have a current CPC and am currently in work
Hassans

Post by Hassans »

Jonarie34 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:31 pm

they are sending them out to all hgv drivers. I got one and I have a current CPC and am currently in work
that's awesome Jonarie I'm a single father so coming up with the money for CPC is just a no from me. maybe once daughter is older will have a go
JonRoz

Post by JonRoz »

I’ve had one snd I’m already back 3 days lol
Darredo67

Post by Darredo67 »

So you decide to take the chance to come back. When last did any of the retired drivers do a cpc class?
Kevinme

Post by Kevinme »

Darredo67 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:35 pm So you decide to take the chance to come back. When last did any of the retired drivers do a cpc class?
6 months ago wanted to buy a truck for my business, 35hrs of online boredom, don't think I'm bothering now with more cpc or operators licence, took 19 months to get my lucence back following a medical they insisted on and the fact wankers went on strike
Newellan

Post by Newellan »

Yep me and other half got ours this morning.
My son (19) wants to get his HGV but can’t afford it. Anyone know if there are any schemes to help him?
Kevinme

Post by Kevinme »

Newellan wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:36 pm Yep me and other half got ours this morning.
My son (19) wants to get his HGV but can’t afford it. Anyone know if there are any schemes to help him?
if he gets a company to sponsor it he will be tied in for years with poor wages, the conditions for drivers are disgraceful, the hours are long and rarely get home in the week.
Help him pay for the licence and fo the test he can repay you whilst earning proper wages
Andresso

Post by Andresso »

more bullsh*t they should come and have a go if its that easy multi drop driver oxford
Brookid33

Post by Brookid33 »

I would love to go out there but all doors are closed I'm a new pass and all I get it costs to much insurance but to get expenses you need a job it's a mad circle
Simioner

Post by Simioner »

None of the companies are offering Cpc course to get a driving job with them
Anghelfa

Post by Anghelfa »

Yep hubbys is waiting here for him 😂
Colinco

Post by Colinco »

I probably will not get a letter inviting me back to HGV driving because I am currently waiting for the Government run DVLA to update my License and reinstate my HGV entitlement so I can return to the Industry they are inviting everybody else back too. 🤔🤔🤔🤔
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

got mine Wednesday I thought it was a speeding fine or something,

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”