Question folks. Currently I drive 7.5t for FedEx through an agency, and in the past for other companies doing

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Pauwind101

Question folks. Currently I drive 7.5t for FedEx through an agency, and in the past for other companies doing

Post by Pauwind101 »

Question folks.
Currently I drive 7.5t for FedEx through an agency, and in the past for other companies doing occasional tramping work, a bit basic in a 7.5tonner I know.
Whilst working in Spalding I noticed that Gist were advertising for new drivers and had a scheme that put you through the test.
In return you are committed to them for 3 years, which as an agency worker appeals for the job security.
I'm 58, single, no pets so nothing to realistically require me to be at home between Monday to Friday. I enjoy driving and Class 1 appeals as it is less manual than multi drop work I'm doing at present.
Has anyone had experience of working for Gist or their training program. I have all the forms to get my medical, obviously have a CPC and digi card. Should I just stop procrastinating?
Brookid33

Re: Question folks. Currently I drive 7.5t for FedEx through an agency, and in the past for other companies doing

Post by Brookid33 »

I worked for GIST or BOC as it was at the time, they were brilliant to work for then, no idea about now though?
Christole

Re: Question folks. Currently I drive 7.5t for FedEx through an agency, and in the past for other companies doing

Post by Christole »

Brookid33 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:53 am I worked for GIST or BOC as it was at the time, they were brilliant to work for then, no idea about now though?
Bristol by any chance?
Brookid33

Post by Brookid33 »

Christole wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:53 am
Brookid33 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:53 am I worked for GIST or BOC as it was at the time, they were brilliant to work for then, no idea about now though?
Bristol by any chance?
Thatcham mate.
Christole

Post by Christole »

Brookid33 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:54 am
Bristol by any chance?
Thatcham mate.
I thought I recognized your name but was never at Thatcham.
Brookid33

Post by Brookid33 »

Christole wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:54 am

Bristol by any chance?
Thatcham mate.
used to go to Bristol quite often, still do for a different company.
DAextand

Post by DAextand »

Christole wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:54 am

Thatcham mate.
used to go to Bristol quite often, still do for a different company.
Markus Edwards works at Thatcham.
Adyanxi81

Post by Adyanxi81 »

Fresh Linc doing the same in Spalding
Alexacia

Post by Alexacia »

I do multi drops in an artic all over Britain, I find it a fun challenge lol, mate go for it, sounds like you're all set with the passion to do it,

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”