Afternoon all, Planning to get another van large van xlwb any recommendations? Was thinking of Man tge xlwb but been

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Smelkonn

Afternoon all, Planning to get another van large van xlwb any recommendations? Was thinking of Man tge xlwb but been

Post by Smelkonn »

Afternoon all, Planning to get another van large van xlwb any recommendations? Was thinking of Man tge xlwb but been tolled mechanics are bit problematic
Davirunn

Re: Afternoon all, Planning to get another van large van xlwb any recommendations? Was thinking of Man tge xlwb but been

Post by Davirunn »

Ask the mechanic you use and trust. They could come from a background of working on particular brands so may be stronger with one over others.
Smelkonn

Re: Afternoon all, Planning to get another van large van xlwb any recommendations? Was thinking of Man tge xlwb but been

Post by Smelkonn »

Davirunn wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:20 pm Ask the mechanic you use and trust. They could come from a background of working on particular brands so may be stronger with one over others.
thank you, that’s actually what I think ill do
Leesets11

Post by Leesets11 »

Mercedes all the way if your talking vans mate
Thewebix

Post by Thewebix »

Renault master..
Cheaper to run.
Cheaper to repair.
And if looked after are reliable and have a great payload space..
Smelkonn

Post by Smelkonn »

Thewebix wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:29 pm Renault master..
Cheaper to run.
Cheaper to repair.
thank
You
JoeMind

Post by JoeMind »

Cheaper to run.
Cheaper to repair.
You've changed.
Go back a year that wouldn't have been your answer would it 😂😂
Thewebix

Post by Thewebix »

JoeMind wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:32 pm
Cheaper to run.
Cheaper to repair.
You've changed.
well, in fairness it would.
But I wasn't in a position to buy one.
I took repeated advice from my mechanic every time my Relay got fixed, that if you buy a newer van, get a sprinter or a master..
Sprinter if you have the funds(which I didn't) master if you don't..🤷🏼
JoeMind

Post by JoeMind »

Thewebix wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:33 pm
Cheaper to run.
Cheaper to repair.
You've changed.
I took repeated advice from my mechanic every time my Relay got fixed, that if you buy a newer van, get a sprinter or a master..
I won't take this blasphemy!!! 🥺
Thewebix

Post by Thewebix »

JoeMind wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:33 pm
Thewebix wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:33 pm

You've changed.
I won't take this blasphemy!!! 🥺
I had a love hate relationship with the Relay. Loved it on the long spells of reliability. Hated the costly repairs every time it broke..🫤
Paudale

Post by Paudale »

Only one van for the long haul and its sprinter mine 178k in 2 years drives like the day i bought, and only required servicing.
Rendenc

Post by Rendenc »

Paudale wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:36 pm Only one van for the long haul and its sprinter mine 178k in 2 years drives like the day i bought, and only required servicing.
must have some bald tyres
Stanless

Post by Stanless »

Rendenc wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:38 pm
Paudale wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:36 pm Only one van for the long haul and its sprinter mine 178k in 2 years drives like the day i bought, and only required servicing.
must have some bald tyres
I swapped a set of Michelin's after they'd done 155k, they still had between 4 & 5mm tread left on them. Only reason I changed them is because winter tyres in some European countries require a minimum of 4mm

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”