Hello! I have passed the TM exams in my home country, Greece. Do you know if I can work in the UK? Thanks

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Georome

Hello! I have passed the TM exams in my home country, Greece. Do you know if I can work in the UK? Thanks

Post by Georome »

Clivero

Re: Hello! I have passed the TM exams in my home country, Greece. Do you know if I can work in the UK? Thanks

Post by Clivero »

If you wasn’t resident in uk when you took the exams, no problems. If you was resident you should have good proves of the reason why you did it in another country
Jonetory

Re: Hello! I have passed the TM exams in my home country, Greece. Do you know if I can work in the UK? Thanks

Post by Jonetory »

Clivero wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:16 pm If you wasn’t resident in uk when you took the exams, no problems. If you was resident you should have good proves of the reason why you did it in another country
exactly this ^^
Clivero

Post by Clivero »

Jonetory wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:16 pm
Clivero wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:16 pm If you wasn’t resident in uk when you took the exams, no problems. If you was resident you should have good proves of the reason why you did it in another country
exactly this ^^
there can be exceptions if the evidence is true or credible. I am applying for licences and had a client in similar situation, but after we explained with proves the ETM been accepted
Georome

Post by Georome »

exactly this ^^
Thanks for the reply. To be honest i was on holidays and i was thinking to start a delivery business back home with vans for small parcels. I have been told that i need to pass the TM exams or to hire a manager, so i did. Now, the new business dream in Greece has been postponed and just examine my options. We are forwarders to Greece and Cyprus at the moment. I have been told also that the TM qualification is valid to EU, so just asking if i need to take more exams or something like that to use it in the UK. Looking for ETM, not sure what evidence do i need though.
Jonetory

Post by Jonetory »

Georome wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:17 pm
exactly this ^^
Thanks for the reply. To be honest i was on holidays and i was thinking to start a delivery business back home with vans for small parcels. I have been told that i need to pass the TM exams or to hire a manager, so i did. Now, the new business dream in Greece has been postponed and just examine my options. We are forwarders to Greece and Cyprus at the moment. I have been told also that the TM qualification is valid to EU, so just asking if i need to take more exams or something like that to use it in the UK. Looking for ETM, not sure what evidence do i need though.
if you permanently live in the UK then you don't have the grounds for taking an abroad exams. Whoever will put you on the licence as ETM most likely it will not be granted. We've wasted 2 month by not knowing this and lost the contracts by delaying. Not worth the risk.
Georome

Post by Georome »

Jonetory wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:18 pm

exactly this ^^
if you permanently live in the UK then you don't have the grounds for taking an abroad exams. Whoever will put you on the licence as ETM most likely it will not be granted. We've wasted 2 month by not knowing this and lost the contracts by delaying. Not worth the risk.
So, if understand well, even if i have the qualifications (exams) these are not accepted. The only way is to take the UK exam and being qualified in the UK also.
Clivero

Post by Clivero »

Georome wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:18 pm

So, if understand well, even if i have the qualifications (exams) these are not accepted. The only way is to take the UK exam and being qualified in the UK also.
if you was uk resident when you had the exams, you need very good proves to be accepted
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (83.23 KiB) Viewed 202 times
Clivero

Post by Clivero »

Georome wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:18 pm

And I think depends a lot from a case worker to another one
Dan2faas

Post by Dan2faas »

I think if you was resident you should have good proves of the reason to prove
Jonetory

Post by Jonetory »

If you would be employed then its ok, but if you want to ETM then no. Why? We couldn't get the licence as 2 of our ETM have qualifications from EU country. Only then when we got an ETM with UK certificate we got the licence approved within a day.
Sammyer

Post by Sammyer »

You can, as long as your certificate is dated before the Brexit and international if you have your certificate issued after the Brexit they will refuse it.
Matusic

Post by Matusic »

Sammyer wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:21 pm You can, as long as your certificate is dated before the Brexit and international if you have your certificate issued after the Brexit they will refuse it.
reason?

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”