Passed my class 2 in October 2022 and looking for job if anyone knows companies taking on I’ve noticed it’s quiet,

Ads by truck drivers looking for work
Liammo69

Passed my class 2 in October 2022 and looking for job if anyone knows companies taking on I’ve noticed it’s quiet,

Post by Liammo69 »

Passed my class 2 in October 2022 and looking for job if anyone knows companies taking on I’ve noticed it’s quiet, I’ve registered with agencies etc. and it’s like there just advertising jobs just to get more hgv drivers on there records. I don’t expect a hourly rate same as somebody who as years of experience but a fair wage. don’t mind occasional 1/2nights out. Based in Nottingham
Jimondexx

Re: Passed my class 2 in October 2022 and looking for job if anyone knows companies taking on I’ve noticed it’s quiet,

Post by Jimondexx »

Warburtons and Hovis in Nottingham are taking on class 2 drivers and accept new passes
Rickenn

Re: Passed my class 2 in October 2022 and looking for job if anyone knows companies taking on I’ve noticed it’s quiet,

Post by Rickenn »

Jimondexx wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:51 pm Warburtons and Hovis in Nottingham are taking on class 2 drivers and accept new passes
Hovis paid for my class 2.
It's a bloody awful job but you'll certainly get your experience working for them!
Sextonne

Post by Sextonne »

Rickenn wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:52 pm
Jimondexx wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:51 pm Warburtons and Hovis in Nottingham are taking on class 2 drivers and accept new passes
It's a bloody awful job but you'll certainly get your experience working for them!
I work for the Wigan depot and it’s good, must vary from depot then paid for 12 hours and normally done in 10
Rickenn

Post by Rickenn »

Sextonne wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:52 pm
I work for the Wigan depot and it’s good, must vary from depot then paid for 12 hours and normally done in 10
I did my class 2 in 2004. The job was aweful, too many drops, not enough time and a 1am start.
It was £21k a year too
Sextonne

Post by Sextonne »

Rickenn wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:53 pm
Sextonne wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:52 pm

I did my class 2 in 2004. The job was aweful, too many drops, not enough time and a 1am start.
It was £21k a year too
the Wigan branch moved 5 years ago. I was told that on the old contracts the drivers had 9 weeks holiday a year 😁. No surprise that’s changed now.
To be fair mate they’ve been good to me, I’ve been here nearly a year now on a 4x12 hour shift week. After getting my foot in the door I asked for Sundays off which they agreed to and after they added more calls and I was going over my 12 hours I asked them to reduce the calls on my route and they did that too. I have 1 day where I deliver to a prison and I’ll be close to my 12 hours, 1 day where I’ll do 11 hours and the other 2 days I can be done in 10 if I get in without many delays.
We’re on 33k now basic on class 2.
Mikko

Post by Mikko »

How many doors have you physically knocked on cv in hand?
Cheworld

Post by Cheworld »

Hi would you be interested any of these roles?
If so message me your CV and I can submit them internally
https://veoliauki.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/VESDrivers

Return to “HGV truck drivers looking for work | Employment wanted”