When using tool to find fuel stations, Am I right in thinking the fuel stations that have HGV highlighted do not

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
McDonami

When using tool to find fuel stations, Am I right in thinking the fuel stations that have HGV highlighted do not

Post by McDonami »

When using tool to find fuel stations, Am I right in thinking the fuel stations that have HGV highlighted do not have a surcharge? And the ones that don't have highlighted Do have a surcharge on the cards? Went to Morrisons last week (in car) and had a surcharge, so fuel was then 2p pl more. Even tho I can use my cards there..
Thanks
Rossonix

Re: When using tool to find fuel stations, Am I right in thinking the fuel stations that have HGV highlighted do not

Post by Rossonix »

Fuelcard company have surcharges all over the place 😖 just got to remember which ones not to use
McDonami

Re: When using tool to find fuel stations, Am I right in thinking the fuel stations that have HGV highlighted do not

Post by McDonami »

Rossonix wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:56 pm Fuelcard company have surcharges all over the place 😖 just got to remember which ones not to use
that's it
McDonami

Post by McDonami »

Rossonix wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:56 pm Fuelcard company have surcharges all over the place 😖 just got to remember which ones not to use
it was them that charged me lol
Rossonix

Post by Rossonix »

McDonami wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:57 pm
it was them that charged me lol
they sent me a list once. It was useless 🤣🤣
Off the top of my head reading services, Cherwell valley, welcome break/applegreens, some euro garages. Just got to watch the invoices and remember where not to fill up 🤷🏼‍♂️🤣
Pm me your email address. If I can find the list I’ll send it to you. Don’t try and print it. It’ll be cheaper to pay the 2p surcharge 🤣🤣
Rickenn

Post by Rickenn »

read reviews on fuel card company and change immediately. Check every invoice. They will be hiding card charges, environmental charges, insurance etc. Swop to a reputable company asap.
Lozrudd

Post by Lozrudd »

That is correct, the non commercial sites have the surcharge. A rule of thumb is, if it has a dedicated HGV pump then it's a commercial fuel station and no surcharge
McDonami

Post by McDonami »

Lozrudd wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:59 pm That is correct, the non commercial sites have the surcharge. A rule of thumb is, if it has a dedicated HGV pump then it's a commercial fuel station and no surcharge
thanks, that sums it up then. 👍
Lozrudd

Post by Lozrudd »

McDonami wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:00 pm
Lozrudd wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:59 pm That is correct, the non commercial sites have the surcharge. A rule of thumb is, if it has a dedicated HGV pump then it's a commercial fuel station and no surcharge
my local shell run by Waitrose is non commercial, but the shell a few miles away run by Londi's has a dedicated HGV pump and is commercial, obviously the motorway services are all commercial sites
Lozrudd

Post by Lozrudd »

it's the same with BP, they're both supplied by UK fuels £1.29ppl
Karlinno

Post by Karlinno »

generally works OK with shell and BP but definitely not esso some of there sites with low canopies are core and others with multiple truck lanes aren't.
Walshim

Post by Walshim »

Morrison's and the Co-ops
Gerryro

Post by Gerryro »

Be very careful guys some motorway services charge a surcharge, M62 Hartshead moor both ways do. Some Euro garages have HGV lanes an do. I’ve caught a cold with a few now.
Chucketts

Post by Chucketts »

Not necessarily, the ones that say hgv have hgv pumps. You can get a list if the surcharges for keyfuels. I've got it somewhere
McDonami

Post by McDonami »

Chucketts wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:03 pm Not necessarily, the ones that say hgv have hgv pumps. You can get a list if the surcharges for keyfuels. I've got it somewhere
I've got the app and UK Fuels app.. just curious to surcharges as FCC charged me for Morrisons..
Chucketts

Post by Chucketts »

McDonami wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:03 pm
Chucketts wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:03 pm Not necessarily, the ones that say hgv have hgv pumps. You can get a list if the surcharges for keyfuels. I've got it somewhere
I've got the app and UK Fuels app.. just curious to surcharges as FCC charged me for Morrisons..
it's a keyfuels thing not fcc. You can get a list of all the surcharge and what the surcharge is at that site
Andross

Post by Andross »

Mines 3p a litre more if I use Morrisons or Tesco
McDonami

Post by McDonami »

Andross wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:05 pm Mines 3p a litre more if I use Morrisons or Tesco
I knew about Tesco but not Morrisons lol

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”