Hello afternoon, could you advice who can change the speed limit of the truck please? Thank you in advance.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
AndNeo

Hello afternoon, could you advice who can change the speed limit of the truck please? Thank you in advance.

Post by AndNeo »

Alanadio

Re: Hello afternoon, could you advice who can change the speed limit of the truck please? Thank you in advance.

Post by Alanadio »

Tachograph calibration there is the magic 60mph
Andross

Re: Hello afternoon, could you advice who can change the speed limit of the truck please? Thank you in advance.

Post by Andross »

That all depends what you actually want?
AndNeo

Post by AndNeo »

Andross wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:11 pm That all depends what you actually want?
increase the speed limit
Andross

Post by Andross »

AndNeo wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:11 pm
Andross wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:11 pm That all depends what you actually want?
increase the speed limit
you talking turn it up from 56 to say 60mph?
AndNeo

Post by AndNeo »

Andross wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:12 pm
increase the speed limit
yes Sir
Andross

Post by Andross »

AndNeo wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:12 pm

increase the speed limit
yes Sir
that would be illegal then and no self respecting place would do it for you.
Plus if / when you get stopped and it's showing 60 you'd be hung.
Andross

Post by Andross »

AndNeo wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:12 pm

increase the speed limit
yes Sir
but remember there's always more than one way to do things but tacho must read 56.
But what it's told and what it is are 2 different things
Muhadki84

Post by Muhadki84 »

Mines 54, it's a nightmare lol 56 gets passed everyone.
But is fuel saving and get there shortly after. Not a massive difference upping the speed
Tomente

Post by Tomente »

Are you the owner of the vehicle or just driver?
Rickenn

Post by Rickenn »

Get some warn treads, go and calibrate, then swap with new…mmm…years ago we actually used low deck wheels to calibrate, hence why your plate now has wheel sizes 🙄.
If your truck has recently been calibrated (look at the sticker drivers door jamb) and you calibrate again…I think questions might be asked.
All that aside, I just plod away at 90/56. Because if you can’t do the job legal, then you shouldn’t be doing at all.
Lewiserro

Post by Lewiserro »

Rickenn wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:16 pm Get some warn treads, go and calibrate, then swap with new…mmm…years ago we actually used low deck wheels to calibrate, hence why your plate now has wheel sizes 🙄.
If your truck has recently been calibrated (look at the sticker drivers door jamb) and you calibrate again…I think questions might be asked.
All that aside, I just plod away at 90/56. Because if you can’t do the job legal, then you shouldn’t be doing at all.
70mph is good
Rickenn

Post by Rickenn »

Lewiserro wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:17 pm
Rickenn wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:16 pm Get some warn treads, go and calibrate, then swap with new…mmm…years ago we actually used low deck wheels to calibrate, hence why your plate now has wheel sizes 🙄.
70mph is good
I think we should go to 50, like in a number of European countries 🤔😆. I lived and worked in the NL and it works, but we should up the weight to 50tn. Construction of most 6x2 have a design weight of 50tn anyway
Leemati

Post by Leemati »

Take the limiter fuse out !! 🤷🤷🤷😎

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”