Well after passing C+E in December. I've just done a couple of cream tanker runs. One night time, one day time. Defo

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
AnthonXx

Well after passing C+E in December. I've just done a couple of cream tanker runs. One night time, one day time. Defo

Post by AnthonXx »

Well after passing C+E in December. I've just done a couple of cream tanker runs. One night time, one day time. Defo know youre loaded.
Reversing still needs work😂.
Matthen

Re: Well after passing C+E in December. I've just done a couple of cream tanker runs. One night time, one day time. Defo

Post by Matthen »

I've just had my first week on class one. They sent me out with a experienced driver to keep me right. We discovered when he was telling me how to reverse I'd balls it up but when he just let me do it my own way 9 times out of 10 I nailed it.
They weren't incredibly hard reverses or anything just tight reverses between 2 trailers. But I think me being able to think it through myself makes it easier.
Adriance

Re: Well after passing C+E in December. I've just done a couple of cream tanker runs. One night time, one day time. Defo

Post by Adriance »

Matthen wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:42 am I've just had my first week on class one. They sent me out with a experienced driver to keep me right. We discovered when he was telling me how to reverse I'd balls it up but when he just let me do it my own way 9 times out of 10 I nailed it.
They weren't incredibly hard reverses or anything just tight reverses between 2 trailers. But I think me being able to think it through myself makes it easier.
I had this couple of years ago when i first past listening to other drivers is more confusing sometimes that having your own mind and eventually when they f**k off and leave you be makes the job 100% easier
Matthen

Post by Matthen »

Adriance wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:42 am
Matthen wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:42 am I've just had my first week on class one. They sent me out with a experienced driver to keep me right. We discovered when he was telling me how to reverse I'd balls it up but when he just let me do it my own way 9 times out of 10 I nailed it.
I had this couple of years ago when i first past listening to other drivers is more confusing sometimes that having your own mind and eventually when they f**k off and leave you be makes the job 100% easier
definitely
AnthonXx

Post by AnthonXx »

In my situation, the experienced driver I'm out with is my son. Payback, i taught him to use a spoon as a baby😂😂
Lukzilla

Post by Lukzilla »

Bet they were nice runs mate
AnthonXx

Post by AnthonXx »

Lukzilla wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:46 am Bet they were nice runs mate
im not going to lie. The first was at night, sleeting on tight country roads, concentration on another scale.
Worrallio

Post by Worrallio »

I'm currently less than 3 weeks of having my licence, tramping, reversing is absolutely shocking 🙄🤣🤣 practice makes perfect tho

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”