Afternoon all, Hope someone can point me in the right direction here, I am looking at importing 9 units into the Uk

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
GrumpxDj

Afternoon all, Hope someone can point me in the right direction here, I am looking at importing 9 units into the Uk

Post by GrumpxDj »

Afternoon all,
Hope someone can point me in the right direction here,
I am looking at importing 9 units into the Uk from Europe. I have filled in the the below forms
1. V55/4
2. Certificate of newness
3. Informed HMRC (Nova)
How ever they have rejected the application due to needing a GB Conversion IVA. But I can only get this done in England.
Can anyone offer any advice or knows a simpler process
TIA
Richante

Re: Afternoon all, Hope someone can point me in the right direction here, I am looking at importing 9 units into the Uk

Post by Richante »

Speak with junction 26 trucking 👍 he runs Netherlands wagons over here
JonnyV2

Re: Afternoon all, Hope someone can point me in the right direction here, I am looking at importing 9 units into the Uk

Post by JonnyV2 »

When your importing vehicles into the UK they will need a IVA test ...I take it these vehicles are left hand drive...so headlights need correcting.... process on importing is purchase vehicle declare to customs pay vat & duty...10% ... prepare for IVA test...then DVSA test the registration then plating certificate....just done all this on my own...
JonnyV2

Post by JonnyV2 »

what country you looking at to import from....
Chrismo

Post by Chrismo »

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-approval/ind ... e-approval
you will require each vehicle to be tested as they were not built for this country and therefore will probably not have a COC (type approval) despite the vehicle on the face of it being the same, each countries spec will be different - DAF were still building Euro 5 2 years ago and may still be for countries who don't require Euro 6, Direct vision, AEBS etc - until you have these vehicles assessed you don't know what you need to do to meet UK standards, beware this may take months as I've had customers go though this with Ex-MOD vehicles which at least we could get COC for, but it's a slow road.
JonnyV2

Post by JonnyV2 »

Chrismo wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:48 pm https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-approval/ind ... e-approval
you will require each vehicle to be tested as they were not built for this country and therefore will probably not have a COC (type approval) despite the vehicle on the face of it being the same, each countries spec will be different - DAF were still building Euro 5 2 years ago and may still be for countries who don't require Euro 6, Direct vision, AEBS etc - until you have these vehicles assessed you don't know what you need to do to meet UK standards, beware this may take months as I've had customers go though this with Ex-MOD vehicles which at least we could get COC for, but it's a slow road.
2018 for lane warning device & automatic electronic braking system... personally IVA was very simple process just a couple of questions about front underrun ...then test jobs completed headlights, dash speedometer, spray suspiration.
Chrismo

Post by Chrismo »

JonnyV2 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:49 pm
Chrismo wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:48 pm https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-approval/ind ... e-approval
2018 for lane warning device & automatic electronic braking system... personally IVA was very simple process just a couple of questions about front underrun ...then test jobs completed headlights, dash speedometer, spray suspiration.
depends what your importing, if it's way cheaper than the UK equivalent it's possibly because stuffs omitted - your registering a new vehicle it needs to meet all the UK requirements, headlights are simple enough, adding lane departure to a vehicle that was made without it could be a nightmare. Adding stuff to a built vehicle usually means looms and software builds.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”