Is it me or is anyone else struggling to find traction work subbying on containers in Southampton?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Adaximi59

Is it me or is anyone else struggling to find traction work subbying on containers in Southampton?

Post by Adaximi59 »

Paulzen

Re: Is it me or is anyone else struggling to find traction work subbying on containers in Southampton?

Post by Paulzen »

Containers gone to sh*t, subbies getting chucked off the big boys as no work I’m on containers owner driver and think it will be like this for months
McGuiron

Re: Is it me or is anyone else struggling to find traction work subbying on containers in Southampton?

Post by McGuiron »

Container job seems quiet everywhere, we haven’t worked all this week and looks like nothing next week. No rush this year
Patrello

Post by Patrello »

Not just containers, everywhere is dead. God knows what is going to happen on the new year 🤷‍♂️ first 6 months will be very tight but hopefully get better in the second half of the year
Aivissy

Post by Aivissy »

Patrello wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:46 pm Not just containers, everywhere is dead. God knows what is going to happen on the new year 🤷‍♂️ first 6 months will be very tight but hopefully get better in the second half of the year
we hope
Daviaro

Post by Daviaro »

I'm the same, had to park unit up, Based in Leeds In all the yrs off doing containers I've never known it like this and never had to park unit up, HENCE I'm looking for traction work
KellyXo

Post by KellyXo »

Felixstowe same sh*t. Containers are dead strange! Because, even on lockdown the work was 100 times better
Douglass

Post by Douglass »

I'm in the Doncaster area, nothing for 2 Weeks.
Matuzio92

Post by Matuzio92 »

Park up to new year
Lukzilla

Post by Lukzilla »

Matuzio92 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:07 pm Park up to new year
Park up till March, don't forget the Chinese New year this February, unless you're a dedicated subbie, been with the company for a while, you'll be struggling February
Wynneertz

Post by Wynneertz »

I’ve been kicking my heals for 5 weeks now, gotta park one truck up the other is on poxy Amazon this has got to improve, I think we contacted 200 companies and they got nothing
PaulMr

Post by PaulMr »

The whole transport industry has taken a hit, it’s survival now it’s hard to even break even now. Will be plenty of us small haulage companies giving it up as the money in the bank can only sustain a loss for so long
Davisse

Post by Davisse »

PaulMr wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:09 pm The whole transport industry has taken a hit, it’s survival now it’s hard to even break even now. Will be plenty of us small haulage companies giving it up as the money in the bank can only sustain a loss for so long
you mean you have money in the bank 😳😳 lol
PaulMr

Post by PaulMr »

Davisse wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:10 pm
PaulMr wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:09 pm The whole transport industry has taken a hit, it’s survival now it’s hard to even break even now. Will be plenty of us small haulage companies giving it up as the money in the bank can only sustain a loss for so long
lol while we had name your own rates and it was bloody good more jobs than trucks 🛻 I paid finance off and saved, most people thought it would never end and bought brand new trucks, trailers I’m old school (tight bastard 😂) glad I did
Davisse

Post by Davisse »

PaulMr wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:11 pm
lol while we had name your own rates and it was bloody good more jobs than trucks 🛻 I paid finance off and saved, most people thought it would never end and bought brand new trucks, trailers I’m old school (tight bastard 😂) glad I did
I haven’t a clue how they pay 150k+ for trucks, even in the good times, crazy
PaulMr

Post by PaulMr »

Davisse wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:11 pm

mate I agree but they do it’s crazy, anyway have a good day mate as the sh*t will still be waiting for us this 2023
Davisse

Post by Davisse »

PaulMr wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:12 pm
Davisse wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:11 pm

mate I agree but they do it’s crazy, anyway have a good day mate as the sh*t will still be waiting for us this 2023
yeah you to mate, I’m so looking forward to this new year lol
Fabieno

Post by Fabieno »

Anyone in an industry that’s not dead? 🙈😂
yamriam

Post by yamriam »

It has been Chinese new year - they have a holiday for all of last week, so that will have a knock on effect especially with containers.

having said that, it is very quiet - hope you find something soon.

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”