Just wanted to check something as it’s outside of the norm for me. As long as a driver starts his weekly rest

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Davibe08

Just wanted to check something as it’s outside of the norm for me. As long as a driver starts his weekly rest

Post by Davibe08 »

Just wanted to check something as it’s outside of the norm for me.
As long as a driver starts his weekly rest no later than 6 24hr periods after they started, they can use as many tacho shifts as they need as long as 9 and 11hr daily rest periods are adhered to? For example, if a short shift of only a few hours is needed they could use 7 or even 8 tacho shifts? Is this correct?
Thanks
Davibe08

Re: Just wanted to check something as it’s outside of the norm for me. As long as a driver starts his weekly rest

Post by Davibe08 »

Jimmyex wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:39 pmYes.
thanks
Davibe08

Re: Just wanted to check something as it’s outside of the norm for me. As long as a driver starts his weekly rest

Post by Davibe08 »

Bridgeox wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:40 pmCorrect
thanks
Richster

Post by Richster »

Yes, this is how it words it on the driver’s hours guidance
your weekly rest after 6 consecutive 24-hour periods of working, starting from the end of the last weekly rest period taken.
And
It is permitted to have more than 6 shifts between weekly rest periods so long as compliant daily rest periods are taken between shifts and there are not more than six consecutive 24-hour periods between the weekly rests.
Daviaro

Post by Daviaro »

You can start three shifts in a 24hr period, so absolutely 👌🏻
Terryish

Post by Terryish »

Spot on, you can work more than 7 shifts as long as the 6 x 24 hour rules isn't broken.
JohnSter

Post by JohnSter »

Oh COME ON. I'm still waiting for the wrong answers, I'm getting bored waiting 🙄

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”