So I got my provisional entitlements before November 15th so didn't get C+E on automatically I sent an email to Dvla

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
GGrunsen

So I got my provisional entitlements before November 15th so didn't get C+E on automatically I sent an email to Dvla

Post by GGrunsen »

So I got my provisional entitlements before November 15th so didn't get C+E on automatically. I sent an email to Dvla as requested on the 17th of November to upgrade my provisional entitlement but it still isn't showing online. Has anyone else done this successfully?
stuarteg51

Re: So I got my provisional entitlements before November 15th so didn't get C+E on automatically I sent an email to Dvla

Post by stuarteg51 »

Did you get the automatic email reply? That is what you need as proof of C + E provisional
GGrunsen

Re: So I got my provisional entitlements before November 15th so didn't get C+E on automatically I sent an email to Dvla

Post by GGrunsen »

stuarteg51 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:11 pm Did you get the automatic email reply? That is what you need as proof of C + E provisional
yeah I've got it. Just though they might have updated it online by now.
stuarteg51

Post by stuarteg51 »

GGrunsen wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:12 pm
stuarteg51 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:11 pm Did you get the automatic email reply? That is what you need as proof of C + E provisional
I don't think they are doing that. Need to check mine but I imagine it will be the same as you
GGrunsen

Post by GGrunsen »

stuarteg51 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:12 pm
I don't think they are doing that. Need to check mine but I imagine it will be the same as you
That's kind of what I was asking the question for. I wanted to see if anyone who had sent the email had been upgraded online. 😀
stuarteg51

Post by stuarteg51 »

That's kind of what I was asking the question for. I wanted to see if anyone who had sent the email had been upgraded online. 😀
just checked and mine is the same. The email is the proof of provisional entitlement
DaviRipp

Post by DaviRipp »

is spot on mate, they’re not adding the entitlement onto licences. The email states that you have the entitlement, and you need to keep that email to be able to take your test. with how long it’s taking them to process some applications at the moment I think they just want to avoid a huge backlog that isn’t really necessary, as by the time they get round to adding it, you probably could have passed your test in that time frame.
Cliveon

Post by Cliveon »

I had that automatic and spoke to a training company they said that is all they need to see
LukeBull

Post by LukeBull »

Doesn’t update online. Email is enough
BrettMet

Post by BrettMet »

No mine not online and Iv got my test in the morning.. just print the email off and when you pass. It’ll go on then.
Jigz818

Post by Jigz818 »

You only need the reply email
Richaree

Post by Richaree »

It'll be in your spam or clutter or junk, mine was. print it out and take it. With you
Jamerino

Post by Jamerino »

I spoke with DVLA and they said as soon you will change your licence it will automatically upgrade
Hardinte

Post by Hardinte »

I did the same and passed my class 1 on the 31st December. It never changed online I just had the email for proof of provisional
Valenum

Post by Valenum »

Initially I wanted to go directly for C+E course directly too, and as yourself I applied for the provisional categories before 15.11.21 and I had to send that email too. Meantime, I decided to to Class 2 first and then C+E so the email became irrelevant. Passed my Class 2 on 31.12 and got my new licence issued on 05.01.22. Funnily enough, the provisional C+E show as valid from 05.01.22 (online) and not from the date that I sent them the email and I got this reply which was on 24.11.21. Anyhow, you only need the email from the DVLA as the one below, in order to enable you to sit your practical C+E test
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (80.8 KiB) Viewed 190 times

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”