Moving to leeds area want to use my licence I've tried so many companies they say you need experience try agency's

Ads by truck drivers looking for work
Swancent

Moving to leeds area want to use my licence I've tried so many companies they say you need experience try agency's

Post by Swancent »

Passed in 2021 in the army not driven since.
Moving to leeds area want to use my licence I've tried so many companies they say you need experience try agency's sl I've. Tried them and they say I need experience.. how can I get experience is no-one let's me.
Any one know anyone taking on leeds area.
Thanks.
FlossMo

Re: Moving to leeds area want to use my licence I've tried so many companies they say you need experience try agency's

Post by FlossMo »

Have you tried morans up near area dairy
Jamnste

Re: Moving to leeds area want to use my licence I've tried so many companies they say you need experience try agency's

Post by Jamnste »

Speak to maritime transport at leeds/Wakefield depot just off junction 31 m62.Im sure they might be able to help or advise.
Perryzite

Post by Perryzite »

Ask bigger companies mate a lot of smaller firms won’t pay the insurance and I’ve been driving a year now but only advice I’ll give is go onto multi drop don’t just go into tramping multi drop you’re going to have to get into between 10/20 drops a day And you learn to reverse and manoeuvre so quick
Eatocken

Post by Eatocken »

Check out Eddie Stobart as I know they take drivers with little or no experience. That’s not a joke by the way before all the old sweats jump on this post and start with the bridge thing. 😎🙈
Meadon

Post by Meadon »

Eatocken wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:44 pm Check out Eddie Stobart as I know they take drivers with little or no experience. That’s not a joke by the way before all the old sweats jump on this post and start with the bridge thing. 😎🙈
they pride themselves on employing ex service personnel
Eatocken

Post by Eatocken »

Meadon wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:45 pm
Eatocken wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:44 pm Check out Eddie Stobart as I know they take drivers with little or no experience. That’s not a joke by the way before all the old sweats jump on this post and start with the bridge thing. 😎🙈
they pride themselves on employing ex service personnel
just like me. Cheers.
JeremyXe

Post by JeremyXe »

Ring longs of Leeds, their email footer says they’re signed up to the armed services job pledge
Swancent

Post by Swancent »

Thanks everyone for your feedback
NikGazer

Post by NikGazer »

Do you have cpc? I don't think you need it in the forces do you? You'll need it for commercial.
Swancent

Post by Swancent »

NikGazer wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:48 pm Do you have cpc? I don't think you need it in the forces do you? You'll need it for commercial.
I renewed it mate
NikGazer

Post by NikGazer »

Swancent wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:48 pm
NikGazer wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:48 pm Do you have cpc? I don't think you need it in the forces do you? You'll need it for commercial.
I renewed it mate
No worries, just to confirm, do you need it for MOD?
Amianter

Post by Amianter »

NikGazer wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:49 pm
Swancent wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:48 pm
I renewed it mate
No worries, just to confirm, do you need it for MOD?
no armed forces are exempt as I had to do mine when I left.
Masonic

Post by Masonic »

Try reed boardall they take on new drivers
Rossee

Post by Rossee »

Depends how honest you wanna be, didn't you drive for a year for that firm near where you live that went bust a while ago? 😉
Swancent

Post by Swancent »

Rossee wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:20 am Depends how honest you wanna be, didn't you drive for a year for that firm near where you live that went bust a while ago? 😉
haha cheers bro
AugMax

Post by AugMax »

Swancent wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:21 am
Rossee wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:20 am Depends how honest you wanna be, didn't you drive for a year for that firm near where you live that went bust a while ago? 😉
haha cheers bro
the one that went bust immediately after your tacho card got lost... 🥳
Kylexion

Post by Kylexion »

My place takes on with no experience
Swancent

Post by Swancent »

Kylexion wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:23 am My place takes on with no experience
where's your place mate
Kylexion

Post by Kylexion »

Swancent wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:23 am
where's your place mate
Moran, just off m1. Work with arla. Deliver milk to supermarkets or pallets, I've never done pallets so dunno the crack on that side 😆
Swancent

Post by Swancent »

Kylexion wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:24 am
Swancent wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:23 am
where's your place mate
Moran, just off m1. Work with arla. Deliver milk to supermarkets or pallets, I've never done pallets so dunno the crack on that side 😆
messaged you pal
Eastonic

Post by Eastonic »

Probably the fact that you passed in the army out them off 🤣😅🤣😅🤣you need to learn to drive not just get in the seat and say steering wheel 😅🤣😅🤣😅
Gazzazo

Post by Gazzazo »

Eastonic wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:34 am Probably the fact that you passed in the army out them off 🤣😅🤣😅🤣you need to learn to drive not just get in the seat and say steering wheel 😅🤣😅🤣😅
Passed on Salisbury Plain? 🤣🤣🤣
Denison

Post by Denison »

DHL have many contracts and take on new passes.
Scottch

Post by Scottch »

Temp
Station Normanton will look after you.
Noelless

Post by Noelless »

The same problem I had when I came out of the forces back in 86, got myself on with a right cowboy firm, but once you tell them you're working for xx they'll take you seriously, I only done 6 weeks with the cowboys and been fully employed since! So take absolutely anything to get your face seen!!
Karneven

Post by Karneven »

Take lowest paid work or worst job around for few weeks and you'll get experience.
Matterci8

Post by Matterci8 »

Haulage holdings....
I am at a depot in East Anglia, their head office is Halifax.....
I'm a new pass and they are giving me and a few others a chance, only way to get experience. Only down side is hauling chicken, turkey and pig guts/carcasses about 👀🤷🏼‍♂️
Swancent

Post by Swancent »

Matterci8 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:48 am Haulage holdings....
I'm a new pass and they are giving me and a few others a chance, only way to get experience. Only down side is hauling chicken, turkey and pig guts/carcasses about 👀🤷🏼‍♂️
at moment I'm in drainage so not a issue haha
Matterci8

Post by Matterci8 »

Swancent wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:49 am
worth a try, I know they need drivers around Halifax area. No nights out and good wage 🙏
Stotter44

Post by Stotter44 »

Matterci8 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:49 am
worth a try, I know they need drivers around Halifax area. No nights out and good wage 🙏
what do you class as a good wage?
Matterci8

Post by Matterci8 »

Stotter44 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:50 am

£16.54 an hour at my depot, no nights out (for my area this is a good wage)
Stotter44

Post by Stotter44 »

Matterci8 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:50 am

yes it is
Matterci8

Post by Matterci8 »

Stotter44 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:51 am

yes it is
weekends work out at around £20.20 an hour. Easy work and good pay. None of this general haulage sh*t 👀🤣
Stotter44

Post by Stotter44 »

Matterci8 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:51 am

yes it is
weekends work out at around £20.20 an hour. Easy work and good pay. None of this general haulage sh*t 👀🤣
I like general haulage and tramping tbh. Day work is no good for me. Working 13/15hrs a day then going home f**k that
Matterci8

Post by Matterci8 »

Stotter44 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:52 am
Matterci8 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:51 am

yes it is
I like general haulage and tramping tbh. Day work is no good for me. Working 13/15hrs a day then going home f**k that
I'm a night driver, get all work done by 0400, go bed and you by 1100, works for me 🙏
Trevolleu

Post by Trevolleu »

Do a refresher course, and then they will know you are serious. Ex REME VM it worked for me.
Ridgger

Post by Ridgger »

When I left the Army I was the same, but when I told them I had no experience, they just said it goes on how long you have held the licence for, so as long as they are willing to give you some training you will be fine 👍
Wayisto

Post by Wayisto »

Just tell em you've got 2 years experience, who are they to what you've been doing, get your mate. A owner driver to give you a reference 😉
WoodNan

Post by WoodNan »

Drivers Plus are a great agency based in Cleckheaton. I used them full time now part time. Regular work, no pay problems and if a job got cancelled they’d make sure you’re priority for the next one. Friendly office staff too
WoodNan

Post by WoodNan »

I’ve inboxed you Swancent
Nixonix

Post by Nixonix »

Passed in 1987 had same prob eventually got a few breaks
Leeance

Post by Leeance »

I'm sure the scumbag agencies will use you as soon as it suits them and their short of a driver.
Swancent

Post by Swancent »

Jimetyn wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:50 am Have you got a C.p.c
yh
Jimetyn

Post by Jimetyn »

Swancent wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:50 am
yh
no probs as u don't need one in the armed forces.
Trussee

Post by Trussee »

yh
Xpo British Gyp Gypsum Sherborne Leeds, they taking on new drivers qualified drivers, with no experience
Swancent

Post by Swancent »

Trussee wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:53 am
yh
Xpo British Gyp Gypsum Sherborne Leeds, they taking on new drivers qualified drivers, with no experience
messaged mate
Nigenier

Post by Nigenier »

If you want to be tramping then broaden your area.
Well worth giving Owens a call they have a base in Carrington as they take on newbies.
Thomate

Post by Thomate »

I would suggest gold star or Turners as they are self insured as long as u can drive ok they take new passes on
Reecellon

Post by Reecellon »

Thomate wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:56 am I would suggest gold star or Turners as they are self insured as long as u can drive ok they take new passes on
Turners are w ⚓️ ers, easy work but when it's their f**k up they blame the driver and don't pay. I'm still owed £909 from before Christmas.
Thomate

Post by Thomate »

Reecellon wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:57 am
Thomate wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:56 am I would suggest gold star or Turners as they are self insured as long as u can drive ok they take new passes on
Turners are w ⚓️ ers, easy work but when it's their f**k up they blame the driver and don't pay. I'm still owed £909 from before Christmas.
well I worked for them for 2 years never an issue with pay
Thomate

Post by Thomate »

I would contact acas if they haven't paid u
Reecellon

Post by Reecellon »

Thomate wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:57 am
I would contact acas if they haven't paid u
never thought of acas tbh. Was going to the statutory demand route but changes in the law because of covid now means it'll cost me over £2k to push it forward. Will give acas a go, thanks.
Kevinte

Post by Kevinte »

Check for aggregate haulage companies near by.. you’ll probably get slagged off by the lot on here like but sod the 1k bandits
Braniare

Post by Braniare »

Andy Jenkins shipley can give you a shot mate..
Swancent

Post by Swancent »

Braniare wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:01 am Andy Jenkins shipley can give you a shot mate..
Shipley transport mate?
Braniare

Post by Braniare »

Swancent wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:01 am
Braniare wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:01 am Andy Jenkins shipley can give you a shot mate..
Shipley transport mate?
yeah mate
Braniare

Post by Braniare »

Shipley transport mate?
based just off the m606 turn off to bradford
Swancent

Post by Swancent »

Braniare wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:02 am
Shipley transport mate?
are they taking on now mate to your knowledge?
Braniare

Post by Braniare »

Swancent wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:02 am

Shipley transport mate?
not sure mate Andy Jenkins is the driver trainer so you’d have to ask him
Braniare

Post by Braniare »

Swancent wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:02 am

Shipley transport mate?
if not shipley and you don’t mind the travel twice a week Explore transport at Worksop are looking for driver they took me on when I left the army in July with no experience drop me a message and I will pass on the details for recruitment
Applean

Post by Applean »

Crap time of the year pal, really quite, but I got 6 months exp from agency's work, just a case of finding the right agency
Swancent

Post by Swancent »

Applean wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:13 am Crap time of the year pal, really quite, but I got 6 months exp from agency's work, just a case of finding the right agency
cheers pal. I'm working on it been offered somewhere it's being away from home alot but beggers can't be choosers
Boseless03

Post by Boseless03 »

Just say you did 2 years driving in the army. Won't be on your tacho cause we didn't use tacho. That's your experience sorted
Boseless03

Post by Boseless03 »

If they ask for a reference give them your mates number. Always worked for me
Swancent

Post by Swancent »

Boseless03 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:15 am If they ask for a reference give them your mates number. Always worked for me
cheers m8
Keelanic

Post by Keelanic »

Many blue chip companies will take you on and have an experienced driver sit next to you for a week or so. It’s a foot in the door.
Earlie

Post by Earlie »

Try drainage they always looking for hgv
GrGary

Post by GrGary »

Try Ernest cooper 01977 642191 they take people on straight out of the factory
Darreux

Post by Darreux »

Send an email to polypipe, see if they’re taking on based in doncaster
Also you have Onestop who are always hiring, it’s horsework but they took me on for my first HGV job and they are based in Normanton

Return to “HGV truck drivers looking for work | Employment wanted”