So I tried to register for cx not knowing its £1700 for the membership until I had a call from sales person. My

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Andrawiz53

So I tried to register for cx not knowing its £1700 for the membership until I had a call from sales person. My

Post by Andrawiz53 »

So I tried to register for cx not knowing its £1700 for the membership until I had a call from sales person.
My question to all respectful members is it worth it?
I got LWB van and low millage on it 60k so got potential to work long routes.
Or should I stick to amazon work 5 days brings in roughly a £800-900 after fuel?
Chriiser

Re: So I tried to register for cx not knowing its £1700 for the membership until I had a call from sales person. My

Post by Chriiser »

Neillate wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:42 pm Stick to Amazon
or FedEx 😂
Neillate

Re: So I tried to register for cx not knowing its £1700 for the membership until I had a call from sales person. My

Post by Neillate »

Chriiser wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:44 pm
Neillate wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:42 pm Stick to Amazon
or FedEx 😂
wouldn't bother with them either....they are bad payers
Longence

Post by Longence »

Stick to Amazon mate
U know u will get paid & on time
Andrawiz53

Post by Andrawiz53 »

Leeyant wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:47 pm Where you based?
Newport wales.
Simoned

Post by Simoned »

Andrawiz53 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:48 pm
Newport wales.
we have a driver in Wales working for us through CX , if your prepared to go distance and overnights its a little golden area, not many drivers down there. Cx is all on reputation.
Inbox me for a chat fella
Ionnes

Post by Ionnes »

Simoned wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:50 pm
Newport wales.
we have a driver in Wales working for us through CX , if your prepared to go distance and overnights its a little golden area, not many drivers down there. Cx is all on reputation.
I'm interested on any job, any distance with a loloader van if you have anything. (I live in Newport)
Usmante

Post by Usmante »

Simoned wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:50 pm
Newport wales.
what have you got?
ExEast

Post by ExEast »

Stick on Amazon you’ll getting pay 100%
Undruller

Post by Undruller »

A lot of people might tell you CX doesn't work because they don't want more competitors.
JJackk

Post by JJackk »

Undruller wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:00 pm A lot of people might tell you CX doesn't work because they don't want more competitors.
hello teg ( cx/ hx ) employee
Undruller

Post by Undruller »

JJackk wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:01 pm
Undruller wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:00 pm A lot of people might tell you CX doesn't work because they don't want more competitors.
I'm the guy that'll be making a free CX as too many people genuinely are complaining about the company. Checkout our Drivers and Couriers Wanted
JJackk

Post by JJackk »

Undruller wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:01 pm
I'm the guy that'll be making a free CX as too many people genuinely are complaining about the company. Checkout our Drivers and Couriers Wanted
join the many many people that have tried that idea and it soon becomes either a site non payers post loads to / van drivers of dubious quality use or a site with no loads on it many have tried
Undruller

Post by Undruller »

Undruller wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:01 pm

join the many many people that have tried that idea and it soon becomes either a site non payers post loads to / van drivers of dubious quality use or a site with no loads on it many have tried
Fastest growing SMMA Network
Valynnec

Post by Valynnec »

what competition??? People are working with 0.8£ per mile and taking jobs of £30-40 which takes 1 hour 20 min… how the heck you could say people don’t want competition??? It’s just reality check. Tell him the true! No point to pay 2k for a subscription with cx at the moment!
Viveiroq

Post by Viveiroq »

looks like a 5 year old child.
Undruller

Post by Undruller »

Viveiroq wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:03 pm
6-7 year old photo. Come meet me I'll get a ring ready
Viveiroq

Post by Viveiroq »

Undruller wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:04 pm
and talks like a 3 year old
Undruller

Post by Undruller »

Viveiroq wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:04 pm

Got more sport achievements and balls than you though.
Viveiroq

Post by Viveiroq »

oops, sorry a 2 year old, is your dad bigger as well
😂😂😂
Undruller

Post by Undruller »

Viveiroq wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:05 pm

😂😂😂
Much bigger and stronger for now. Still though, I'd put you to sleep in 20 seconds max. I like punishing toxic people that put people down because they got too used to being behind a screen and a keyboard.
Undruller

Post by Undruller »

Viveiroq wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:05 pm

😂😂😂
Top places in Karate, Taekwondo, Boxing and running. I'd make you sleep and definitely make you lose whatever IQ you have left.
Geontelle

Post by Geontelle »

you are nuts. Where is the profit on CX mate? Unless you have a contract in place, how do you make money using CX alone?
Kozamb

Post by Kozamb »

I have tried to register for CX until they’ve slammed with their costs. Which I was prepared to pay if it was worth it but… asked for some sort of a trial i.e. maybe a week to look around even without bidding - nope, we don’t do that. Asked to pay for one month so I can have a decent look and I’m not loosing that much money - nope, we don’t do that either.
Fees are non refundable either.
So just told the sales rep to have a wonderful day and never ever call me again which he didn’t take very lightly as apparently “I was ruining my business by not taking this opportunity” 😂
Andrawiz53

Post by Andrawiz53 »

Kozamb wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:13 pm I have tried to register for CX until they’ve slammed with their costs. Which I was prepared to pay if it was worth it but… asked for some sort of a trial i.e. maybe a week to look around even without bidding - nope, we don’t do that. Asked to pay for one month so I can have a decent look and I’m not loosing that much money - nope, we don’t do that either.
So just told the sales rep to have a wonderful day and never ever call me again which he didn’t take very lightly as apparently “I was ruining my business by not taking this opportunity” 😂
i have had similar comments from the guy asking to join asap as I’m missing out on some good money.
Kozamb

Post by Kozamb »

Andrawiz53 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:13 pm
Kozamb wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:13 pm I have tried to register for CX until they’ve slammed with their costs. Which I was prepared to pay if it was worth it but… asked for some sort of a trial i.e. maybe a week to look around even without bidding - nope, we don’t do that. Asked to pay for one month so I can have a decent look and I’m not loosing that much money - nope, we don’t do that either.
i have had similar comments from the guy asking to join asap as I’m missing out on some good money.
I might request another call back. Just to wind them up a bit
Jennish

Post by Jennish »

I was looking at starting up, I went let’s be honest dropping nearly 2k on less then guaranteed work when your trying to start isn’t exactly ideal is it? Apparently you’d never be out of work if you signed up
Kozamb

Post by Kozamb »

Jennish wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:14 pm
I was looking at starting up, I went let’s be honest dropping nearly 2k on less then guaranteed work when your trying to start isn’t exactly ideal is it? Apparently you’d never be out of work if you signed up
they are not wrong tho. You will be busy if you are quoting 1/3 of what you actually should be to make money. But we all know where that leads…
Have worked with CX through different companies I’ve noticed that it’s not entirely bad if you are only using it for backloads where you’d be running empty otherwise and your first job already paid for your day. Amazon relay works on a similar principal too.
If you use either as a means to make money without direct contracts then it’s just money down the drain.
And what really annoys me is freight forwarders. They get paid full whack for the job but expect you to do it on backload rate
Kozamb

Post by Kozamb »

there is a platform called digihaul which is mostly for artics. You get good rate traction jobs from companies like DHL, Evri, GXO, Royal Mail etc. and certain companies just post it straight to CX for nearly half the original price. One of them is Paramount, a well known non payer
Jennish

Post by Jennish »

Kozamb wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:15 pm
there is a platform called digihaul which is mostly for artics. You get good rate traction jobs from companies like DHL, Evri, GXO, Royal Mail etc. and certain companies just post it straight to CX for nearly half the original price. One of them is Paramount, a well known non payer
anyone can be busy, but busy isn’t good if your making no money we all know
Jennish

Post by Jennish »

Kozamb wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:15 pm
I’ll have a browse
Kylexion

Post by Kylexion »

these guys are all the same I have tonnes of calls about promoting my business and have meetings with them, generally for the free coffee 🤣 but they don't like it when you say no or you'll think about it and they all say the same I'm ruining my business by not taking these opportunities, they are bully guys who think they can just chat their rubbish and you will just fall for it. It's so fucking scripted any monkey could learn what they say 🤣
Kozamb

Post by Kozamb »

Kylexion wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:17 pm
these guys are all the same I have tonnes of calls about promoting my business and have meetings with them, generally for the free coffee 🤣 but they don't like it when you say no or you'll think about it and they all say the same I'm ruining my business by not taking these opportunities, they are bully guys who think they can just chat their rubbish and you will just fall for it. It's so fucking scripted any monkey could learn what they say 🤣
it’s not only these platforms anymore. Even direct contracts are getting worse because they are now accessible for nearly everyone who asks. I’ve just dropped a long terms customer because he started giving us less and less work because we are “no longer competitive” they’ve f****g been on same rate for 2 years generally except for fuel surcharge 🙄
Razvanex

Post by Razvanex »

I start cx in June 2022 with a medium size van..sometimes I get £1.20 sometimes £1.50..I switch with a XLWB...I get £2-£3 sometimes when it was really busy...until August I made really good money..but that's because a lot of driver's was in holiday's...after August it was a real mess..when all the professionals return sometimes I was refuse for £1/mile for a xlwb van...of course my CX expire in January and I didn't pay it anymore...a real mess with shit companies all of them want to pay 90p/mile for truck's job if they can..
DunnoGix

Post by DunnoGix »

I don’t quote less than £1.2 pm. Had one job from cx in 2 weeks. Too many drivers not enough jobs. Income going down when cost of living going up. Stick to trying to get your own jobs
Szottaco

Post by Szottaco »

I have signed b4 Xmas and they gave me 18 months for £1700.
Jayresh

Post by Jayresh »

Don’t waste your money it’s sh*te
Vladdie

Post by Vladdie »

CX is rubish! They are liars!
McNicolid

Post by McNicolid »

That’s cheap we got quoted 3500+vat
To register as a haulier/ freight forwarder,
Cant justify that at the moment.
Julinate

Post by Julinate »

How do you get I to amazon work?
Jimmun8

Post by Jimmun8 »

How do you get Amazon work they just opened a new one 10 minutes away and I want to get in there
AndByte

Post by AndByte »

Jimmun8 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:24 pm How do you get Amazon work they just opened a new one 10 minutes away and I want to get in there
look on indeed, all the companies that work at amazon will advertise on there.
Jimmun8

Post by Jimmun8 »

AndByte wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:27 pm
Jimmun8 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:24 pm How do you get Amazon work they just opened a new one 10 minutes away and I want to get in there
look on indeed, all the companies that work at amazon will advertise on there.
ok thank you
Dumith

Post by Dumith »

Stick to Amazon CX is rubbish now. I don't get work because I can't afford to go 1.2 or under 1p/m for a Luton
Pauuley

Post by Pauuley »

Stay at Amzazon CX is not a way to earn a living pal
Viveiroq

Post by Viveiroq »

The only two things I will say is
1) CX are liars… as such they will not support a OD, in anyway besides taking your money
2) if you do decide to join, wait till end of May, and see if business has picked up, as it’s complete rubbish now.
Peteller

Post by Peteller »

£1700 to not get paid 🤣 that's sounds like a amazing deal 🤝
Jockyoz

Post by Jockyoz »

My friend works at Amazon. He wants to join CX just as you do. Hes asking me every 1-2 month what do I think, "should I join?"
Unfortunately I'm still at that point to tell him that I wouldn't join if I was you. I know for a fact that he is earning a bit more on Amazon than me on CX and for me to complete the year I still got March and April to close which I assume it will pull down a lot from my yearly earnings totals as per right now is the worst time for me on CX. In the summer last year looked really ok. I counted for every costs and every poor months as other CX users advised but still I am sitting on the knives edge and I don't see that this gonna flourish in the next 2 months. Just to mention I always do my best for shippers and have got no negative feedbacks on CX but this start of year is rubbish....ah also sticking to my lowest price.
Alfieldo

Post by Alfieldo »

first of all why you consider just the fuel as a cost? 🙄
Champro

Post by Champro »

Yes mate don’t join Cx till July
Elguent

Post by Elguent »

The money up front is why I've always stayed away. If they were that good they'd let you pay monthly because you'd stick with them.
Pavellor

Post by Pavellor »

Cx is pants fella stick Amazon 👌
Glynned

Post by Glynned »

You can't just earn off cx it's best used as a top up as in backloads home or to fill the odd day or so you not earning from your own customers.........these folk who believe you can earn a living off cx are the same folk whinging about rates 🙄 at the end of the day it's a subbie site so don't expect good rates plus your milage will go through the roof compared to earnings

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”