Hello everyone, how can I get free hgv training? I'm in Derby but willing to attend training anywhere in England.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
TyeeMan

Hello everyone, how can I get free hgv training? I'm in Derby but willing to attend training anywhere in England.

Post by TyeeMan »

Hello everyone, how can I get free hgv training? I'm in Derby but willing to attend training anywhere in England. Your advice is appreciated. Thanks 😊
Gavinney

Re: Hello everyone, how can I get free hgv training? I'm in Derby but willing to attend training anywhere in England.

Post by Gavinney »

Cost me £3500 best bet is to get apprenticeship stobarts and couple of others do them
Kevienn

Re: Hello everyone, how can I get free hgv training? I'm in Derby but willing to attend training anywhere in England.

Post by Kevienn »

Gavinney wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:42 pm Cost me £3500 best bet is to get apprenticeship stobarts and couple of others do them
I paid £1400 here in London for class 1.
Gavinney

Post by Gavinney »

Kevienn wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:42 pm
Gavinney wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:42 pm Cost me £3500 best bet is to get apprenticeship stobarts and couple of others do them
I paid £1400 here in London for class 1.
is that with cpc and all theory?
JJackk

Post by JJackk »

Think the government do a scheme, Skill wise or something but I think they’re hard to get. I paid for mine but I believe some places do pay monthly
TyeeMan

Post by TyeeMan »

JJackk wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:43 pm Think the government do a scheme, Skill wise or something but I think they’re hard to get. I paid for mine but I believe some places do pay monthly
ok thank you 👍
BoggHi

Post by BoggHi »

Some got lucky and they have the hgv with the government (I didn't)
https://skillsforlife.campaign.gov.uk/? ... 2301_0_All
TyeeMan

Post by TyeeMan »

BoggHi wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:46 pm Some got lucky and they have the hgv with the government (I didn't)
thank you 👍. I'll check it out
BoggHi

Post by BoggHi »

TyeeMan wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:46 pm
BoggHi wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:46 pm Some got lucky and they have the hgv with the government (I didn't)
good luck
I know 1 guy that had his licence through this government thing
I tried but didn't got lucky
TyeeMan

Post by TyeeMan »

BoggHi wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:46 pm
TyeeMan wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:46 pm
good luck
I know 1 guy that had his licence through this government thing
I tried but didn't got lucky
appreciate it. Thanks a lot mate 👍
Jennish

Post by Jennish »

Skills bootcamp through the government but not sure if you can still register or not
TyeeMan

Post by TyeeMan »

Jennish wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:47 pm Skills bootcamp through the government but not sure if you can still register or not
I registered with a few last week but I haven't heard from them yet. I'm not sure if the government still fund training anymore
Greence

Post by Greence »

Did mine with the government national skills fund, glad I didn’t pay for it as you can’t get work unless you want to earn less than a Tesco food delivery driver with a 3.5t!
TyeeMan

Post by TyeeMan »

Greence wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:48 pm Did mine with the government national skills fund, glad I didn’t pay for it as you can’t get work unless you want to earn less than a Tesco food delivery driver with a 3.5t!
ok thank you 👍
McCread

Post by McCread »

I tried to get on the government scheme but there was no places on the class 1 anywhere. I ended up paying for it myself.
TyeeMan

Post by TyeeMan »

McCread wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:50 pm I tried to get on the government scheme but there was no places on the class 1 anywhere. I ended up paying for it myself.
yeah I did register last week but I haven't heard anything yet. I guess they are fully booked
McCread

Post by McCread »

TyeeMan wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:50 pm
McCread wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:50 pm I tried to get on the government scheme but there was no places on the class 1 anywhere. I ended up paying for it myself.
yeah I did register last week but I haven't heard anything yet. I guess they are fully booked
i applied to around 15 different places and did get a reply months later offering me a class 1 position but id already done it.
TyeeMan

Post by TyeeMan »

McCread wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:50 pm
i applied to around 15 different places and did get a reply months later offering me a class 1 position but id already done it.
ok thanks 👍
BoggHi

Post by BoggHi »

McCread wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:50 pm
they called me a few times asking my details and sending emails with registration and stuff but didn't heard nothing since then (1 year ago this)
Stucens

Post by Stucens »

Try back2work. Ask for Scott Blagg.
TyeeMan

Post by TyeeMan »

Stucens wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:52 pm Try back2work. Ask for Scott Blagg.
I'll check it out now. Thanks a lot 👍
TyeeMan

Post by TyeeMan »

AbdiNeo wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:53 pm Try the job gym
I'll check it out. Thank you 👍
AbdiNeo

Post by AbdiNeo »

I know of someone who got funded by them…mantra learning centre in oldham.
AbdiNeo

Post by AbdiNeo »

here
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (45.28 KiB) Viewed 407 times
TyeeMan

Post by TyeeMan »

AbdiNeo wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:54 pmhere
I'll check it out. Thanks a lot mate 👍
Warrench

Post by Warrench »

Cost me £3500 as I wasn’t eligible for the government boot camp 🥱
Elvermin

Post by Elvermin »

I gained mine through the skills boot camp last year, started in feb 22 and by 24th June 22 I passed. Think I was one of the lucky ones to get the funding for this as I think now they not funding a-lot as I have a friend who applied for it through the same training company as me and they told him no spaces left
TyeeMan

Post by TyeeMan »

Elvermin wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:59 pm I gained mine through the skills boot camp last year, started in feb 22 and by 24th June 22 I passed. Think I was one of the lucky ones to get the funding for this as I think now they not funding a-lot as I have a friend who applied for it through the same training company as me and they told him no spaces left
ok thank you 👍
Elvermin

Post by Elvermin »

TyeeMan wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:59 pm
Elvermin wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:59 pm I gained mine through the skills boot camp last year, started in feb 22 and by 24th June 22 I passed. Think I was one of the lucky ones to get the funding for this as I think now they not funding a-lot as I have a friend who applied for it through the same training company as me and they told him no spaces left
ok thank you 👍
try PDT (pertemps driver training) worth a shot
Elvermin

Post by Elvermin »

ok thank you 👍
they where brilliant to be fair they handed all the booking of test etc, I done my training with MT Training Services in Kidderminster and they where absolutely fantastic, top trainers
TyeeMan

Post by TyeeMan »

Elvermin wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:00 pm
ok thank you 👍
they where brilliant to be fair they handed all the booking of test etc, I done my training with MT Training Services in Kidderminster and they where absolutely fantastic, top trainers
I'll contact them now. Appreciate it, thank you 👍
Liamme

Post by Liamme »

AW Jenkinson - head to the website, they are offering boot camps starting mid march. Better yet, call and ask for Rhiannon 01768 593316
TyeeMan

Post by TyeeMan »

Liamme wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:02 pm AW Jenkinson - head to the website, they are offering boot camps starting mid march. Better yet, call and ask for Rhiannon 01768 593316
thanks a lot mate. I'll contact them now. Appreciate it 👍👍
Faullente

Post by Faullente »

Google government hgv boot camp
BBuxton2

Post by BBuxton2 »

I registered with 25 all across the country about 12 months ago herd nothing so payed for it all myself
Riazen

Post by Riazen »

When stuff is free it devalues the product. So expect low wages being offered. It also encourages people that would not normally do it to apply. Further flooding the market which results in still further lower wages.
Briange

Post by Briange »

Google Hgv skills boot camp. Go down the list and apply for every single one.
TyeeMan

Post by TyeeMan »

Briange wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:04 pm Google Hgv skills boot camp. Go down the list and apply for every single one.
ok cheers mate 👍

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”