Hi, I’m sure there is but can’t find. I understand front and rear axle weights but I believe I’ve seen a % over the

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Trevoss

Hi, I’m sure there is but can’t find. I understand front and rear axle weights but I believe I’ve seen a % over the

Post by Trevoss »

Hi, I’m sure there is but can’t find. I understand front and rear axle weights but I believe I’ve seen a % over the passenger and driver sides, is this so. On multi drop curtain sider You can’t always get pallets side by side of the same weight and not all deliveries are with a flt. Any advice. Thank you.
DanDj

Re: Hi, I’m sure there is but can’t find. I understand front and rear axle weights but I believe I’ve seen a % over the

Post by DanDj »

Tyre ratings could give you a idea.
Trevoss

Re: Hi, I’m sure there is but can’t find. I understand front and rear axle weights but I believe I’ve seen a % over the

Post by Trevoss »

DanDj wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:54 pm Tyre ratings could give you a idea.
thank you for that but to give an example or discussion point
If the vehicle could carry a load of 9000kg could the load be 5400kgs passenger side and 3600kgs on the drivers side. That’s a 60%/40% split.
Just seen you comment about tyre rating and I haven’t looked at that yet but it is a twin wheeled rear axle
DanDj

Post by DanDj »

Trevoss wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:54 pm
If the vehicle could carry a load of 9000kg could the load be 5400kgs passenger side and 3600kgs on the drivers side. That’s a 60%/40% split.
Just seen you comment about tyre rating and I haven’t looked at that yet but it is a twin wheeled rear axle
I understand what you are asking, but in the years on commercial vehicles, the only factor on each sides weight is the tyre rating@specified pressure.
Trevoss

Post by Trevoss »

DanDj wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:55 pm
Trevoss wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:54 pm
I understand what you are asking, but in the years on commercial vehicles, the only factor on each sides weight is the tyre rating@specified pressure.
excellent, thank you for that.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”