Hello all. Does anyone on here us the same day courier network?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Jenno18

Post by Jenno18 »

Phillesh

Re: Hello all. Does anyone on here us the same day courier network?

Post by Phillesh »

I got a free 1 month’s subscription, nothing really in my area so wasn’t worth going beyond that. Worth a try if your near major distribution areas
Iannen

Post by Iannen »

Nope is sh*t, waste of time because no jobs .basically after they fulfil their vans/lorries extra jobs is posted on platform. So, no thanks
GGayferJr

Post by GGayferJr »

Tbh, I subscribe on the chances I’ll get a job. I’ve had 1 job from a supplier who’s since added me to their system so I automatically get notifications about jobs in my area from them before they’ve even posted it on SDCN.
Jenno18

Post by Jenno18 »

GGayferJr wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:27 pm Tbh, I subscribe on the chances I’ll get a job. I’ve had 1 job from a supplier who’s since added me to their system so I automatically get notifications about jobs in my area from them before they’ve even posted it on SDCN.
how do you get paid from the job
Does SDCN pay you or do I have to send my own invoice?
GGayferJr

Post by GGayferJr »

Jenno18 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:28 pm
GGayferJr wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:27 pm Tbh, I subscribe on the chances I’ll get a job. I’ve had 1 job from a supplier who’s since added me to their system so I automatically get notifications about jobs in my area from them before they’ve even posted it on SDCN.
invoice mate. And they terms the poster set.
I always add in my note box, same day payment terms of high value, or if not much I’ll give 7 days. I ain’t waiting 30/45 days for some of these payments terms set by companies. That’s how small businesses fold
Jenno18

Post by Jenno18 »

GGayferJr wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:28 pm
I always add in my note box, same day payment terms of high value, or if not much I’ll give 7 days. I ain’t waiting 30/45 days for some of these payments terms set by companies. That’s how small businesses fold
invoice through the SDCN?
And the job was only for £120
GGayferJr

Post by GGayferJr »

Jenno18 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:29 pm
GGayferJr wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:28 pm

invoice through the SDCN?
And the job was only for £120
no, you invoice the customer who you done the job for
Jenno18

Post by Jenno18 »

I did a job off there the other day but unsure how I get paid for it
SvtBen

Post by SvtBen »

Jenno18 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:29 pm I did a job off there the other day but unsure how I get paid for it
are you seriously asking that here? I bet you don’t even know how much you done the job for!
Jenno18

Post by Jenno18 »

SvtBen wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:32 pm
Jenno18 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:29 pm I did a job off there the other day but unsure how I get paid for it
are you seriously asking that here? I bet you don’t even know how much you done the job for!
£120
I've never used the SDCN platform before
SvtBen

Post by SvtBen »

Jenno18 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:32 pm
SvtBen wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:32 pm
£120
I've never used the SDCN platform before
Ok I’m not member- but there must be some description about it which you need to know before you complete the job not after tho..anyway good luck I’m not here to judge you tho it’s just not normal for me sorry that I can’t help
BoyCalix

Post by BoyCalix »

mate you really should be finding out how you get paid before carrying out a job, I understand your new to this but I wouldn’t dream of completing a job without knowing how i was getting paid for it
Jenno18

Post by Jenno18 »

BoyCalix wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:34 pm
mate you really should be finding out how you get paid before carrying out a job, I understand your new to this but I wouldn’t dream of completing a job without knowing how i was getting paid for it
from what I understand you get paid through the SDCN as you can send invoices directly through them so I'm pretty sure that's how it works but I always find it's easier to check with others that this is the case
BoyCalix

Post by BoyCalix »

Jenno18 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:34 pm
from what I understand you get paid through the SDCN as you can send invoices directly through them so I'm pretty sure that's how it works but I always find it's easier to check with others that this is the case
I personally don’t use sdcn but you probably can use their invoice service but the invoice would be directly for the customer you wouldn’t invoice to the sdcn
Jenno18

Post by Jenno18 »

BoyCalix wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:35 pm
Jenno18 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:34 pm

I personally don’t use sdcn but you probably can use their invoice service but the invoice would be directly for the customer you wouldn’t invoice to the sdcn
yeah I think SDCN act like a go between so they collect the payment from the customer and send it to me
Ericorr

Post by Ericorr »

no you will have to deal directly whit job poster
Bannison

Post by Bannison »

no, they don’t. You can send the invoice through them however they have no further involvement
Martium

Post by Martium »

You need to send the invoice to the company. Be careful when you do jobs there. Work for companies that you know that are decent.
Aidener

Post by Aidener »

Tried it a couple of years ago. Did one job off it - £650. The job poster went bust pretty much immediately.
Posted a couple of jobs but couldn't get them covered. Put them on CX - gone in 5 minutes.
Not for me.
Daniford

Post by Daniford »

The biggest and fastest Growing Group for Jobs & Backloads and it’s Completely FREE!
Join below ⬇️

https://chat.whatsapp.com/KisWHzG6pfI14IKl9IBgKW
Nevillon

Post by Nevillon »

Share here too Drivers and Couriers Wanted
Ollicest

Post by Ollicest »

I’m using it but yet to get a Job unfortunately I don’t think it’s for me
Jenno18

Post by Jenno18 »

Ollicest wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:46 pm I’m using it but yet to get a Job unfortunately I don’t think it’s for me
yeah it seems crap tbf only had 1 job on it potentially a second
Ollicest

Post by Ollicest »

Jenno18 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:47 pm
Ollicest wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:46 pm I’m using it but yet to get a Job unfortunately I don’t think it’s for me
yeah it seems crap tbf only had 1 job on it potentially a second
I’ve been paying it for 3 months now and not had one job every bid I done the job just simply got taken down they didn’t even sell them. I’m Flintshire based and I got nothing around my area so it’s a no from me.

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”