Hi everyone, we've just joined CX and getting used to it. There's not much down our way in Dorset at the moment, but

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
KirstRed

Hi everyone, we've just joined CX and getting used to it. There's not much down our way in Dorset at the moment, but

Post by KirstRed »

Hi everyone, we've just joined CX and getting used to it. There's not much down our way in Dorset at the moment, but hoping to begin picking up backloads at least.
Wondering what the average would/should be for a lwb. Not wanting to go too low to give companies the expectation of this for all, but also want to win some too lol. I've seen a few posts for companies quoting low rates.
Also wondering if you've got an easy way of getting the PODs uploaded to CX. Any tried and tested methods?
Any advice greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.
Abollan

Re: Hi everyone, we've just joined CX and getting used to it. There's not much down our way in Dorset at the moment, but

Post by Abollan »

Following this, also new to CX
VwKino

Re: Hi everyone, we've just joined CX and getting used to it. There's not much down our way in Dorset at the moment, but

Post by VwKino »

I'd say £1.20 £140 average lwb
revitt444

Post by revitt444 »

When you receive 100+ Positive Feedbacks then will be easy to win many jobs.
LWB £1.30-£1.60 per mile but make sure you are not overloaded.
kirktaz

Post by kirktaz »

revitt444 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:30 am When you receive 100+ Positive Feedbacks then will be easy to win many jobs.
You wont get that for any non London jobs over 120 miles right now.
KirstRed

Post by KirstRed »

revitt444 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:30 am When you receive 100+ Positive Feedbacks then will be easy to win many jobs.
the feedback makes sense. Not sure how to get that when they don't accept our quotes or don't leave us any......😢 Will keep trying.
Do you find any night work at all. This would be ideal for one of our drivers but not seen any yet 🤷🏻‍♀️
lawezippy

Post by lawezippy »

Quote cheap to get you away in the mornings. Might need to go as low as £1.10. the quote higher on the way back. Try to get somewhere better, Birmingham, Slough. There's usually jobs to collect in the evening, and deliver next morning localist to you. That covers both bases. Charge around £25 to hold the goods overnight. Works for me anyway as long as you don't mind the early starts
KirstRed

Post by KirstRed »

lawezippy wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:32 am Quote cheap to get you away in the mornings. Might need to go as low as £1.10. the quote higher on the way back. Try to get somewhere better, Birmingham, Slough. There's usually jobs to collect in the evening, and deliver next morning localist to you. That covers both bases. Charge around £25 to hold the goods overnight. Works for me anyway as long as you don't mind the early starts
hi, would you mind if I PM you?
lawezippy

Post by lawezippy »

KirstRed wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:32 am
lawezippy wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:32 am Quote cheap to get you away in the mornings. Might need to go as low as £1.10. the quote higher on the way back. Try to get somewhere better, Birmingham, Slough. There's usually jobs to collect in the evening, and deliver next morning localist to you. That covers both bases. Charge around £25 to hold the goods overnight. Works for me anyway as long as you don't mind the early starts
hi, would you mind if I PM you?
sure 🤔
regler10X

Post by regler10X »

We’re based in Dorset (Astral Couriers)…don’t post a lot out of the area but keep an eye out for us!
(We’re leaving the exchange in a few weeks though due to recent changes)
KirstRed

Post by KirstRed »

regler10X wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:34 am We’re based in Dorset (Astral Couriers)…don’t post a lot out of the area but keep an eye out for us!
Hi, changes with CX or within the company? Can I PM you our number in case you have anything needing doing?
regler10X

Post by regler10X »

KirstRed wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:35 am
regler10X wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:34 am We’re based in Dorset (Astral Couriers)…don’t post a lot out of the area but keep an eye out for us!
Hi, changes with CX or within the company? Can I PM you our number in case you have anything needing doing?
Astral was acquired by CitySprint earlier this month so probably won’t be renewing membership!
We’ve been on CX for 20 years (founder members) and has been, and still is, great for us!
regler10X

Post by regler10X »

KirstRed wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:35 am
by all means ping me your details though

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”