Hi. Starting out after getting made redundant, I've been given this list of prices per mile for using CX how far are

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
EttJuz

Hi. Starting out after getting made redundant, I've been given this list of prices per mile for using CX how far are

Post by EttJuz »

Hi. Starting out after getting made redundant, I've been given this list of prices per mile for using CX how far are they off quoting per mile, as I can't see how you'd make money without working 24/7
Back load 50ppm
Car 60/65ppm
Small 70ppm
Midi 75ppm
Swb 80ppm
Mwb 85/90
Lwb 95/£1
Xlwb £110/£120
Any advice welcome
treerfo99

Re: Hi. Starting out after getting made redundant, I've been given this list of prices per mile for using CX how far are

Post by treerfo99 »

Back load 50ppm no such thing
Car 75+
Small 80+
Midi 90+
Swb 1.00+
Mwb 1.10+
Lwb 1.20+
Xlwb 1.45+
Hay10ef

Re: Hi. Starting out after getting made redundant, I've been given this list of prices per mile for using CX how far are

Post by Hay10ef »

treerfo99 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:48 am Back load 50ppm no such thing
Car 75+
Small 80+
Midi 90+
Swb 1.00+
Mwb 1.10+
Lwb 1.20+
Xlwb 1.45+
when I had driver doing xlwb for 1.3 the guys selling it on Friday afternoon towards Cornwall could not forgive me and every single time he was calling - eeyour driver is doing this very expensive job for me How's things going
Etc
👍 I struggle to believe that anyone on cx Is getting 1.45+ for xlwb if curtainsider is taking 1.6 on usual basis
treerfo99

Post by treerfo99 »

Hay10ef wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:49 am
Car 75+
Small 80+
Midi 90+
Swb 1.00+
Mwb 1.10+
Lwb 1.20+
Xlwb 1.45+
when I had driver doing xlwb for 1.3 the guys selling it on Friday afternoon towards Cornwall could not forgive me and every single time he was calling - eeyour driver is doing this very expensive job for me How's things going
Etc
👍 I struggle to believe that anyone on cx Is getting 1.45+ for xlwb if curtainsider is taking 1.6 on usual basis
I'm in a lwb my self and don't drop below 1.20 a miles even with cx work but I did have a xlwb before though and was getting 1.30 plus will price of fuel going up I would be targeting 1.40 myself now if I was to get another xlwb
Hay10ef

Post by Hay10ef »

treerfo99 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:49 am
Hay10ef wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:49 am
Car 75+
Small 80+
Midi 90+
Swb 1.00+
Mwb 1.10+
Lwb 1.20+
Xlwb 1.45+
Etc
I'm in a lwb my self and don't drop below 1.20 a miles even with cx work but I did have a xlwb before though and was getting 1.30 plus will price of fuel going up I would be targeting 1.40 myself now if I was to get another xlwb
I got your point, target is one reality is two,
Honestly to god with outside cx customers 1.3-1.4 is real on cx 2out of 10jobs would be 1.2 rest stays with 1-1.1 max otherwise you have driver stuck half day waiting for return or another job sad shity reality of cx, on top of that there is 60%of work what was last year, Market is dead comparing to lockdown times, and ofc 10drivers for 1work not 10work for 5drivers atleast,
chrovis12

Post by chrovis12 »

Find another way to make money. CX is not a reliable way to build a business or guarantee income.
kevKelly

Post by kevKelly »

Have u got price for artics cause I haven’t won one job yet
bilNeo20

Post by bilNeo20 »

kevKelly wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:51 am Have u got price for artics cause I haven’t won one job yet
ppm for artics is a costing model not a quoting model as way more variables in artic pricing
kevKelly

Post by kevKelly »

bilNeo20 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:51 am
kevKelly wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:51 am Have u got price for artics cause I haven’t won one job yet
ppm for artics is a costing model not a quoting model as way more variables in artic pricing
I’ve tried both to no avail
Gage3ri

Post by Gage3ri »

ball park minimum £3ppm. That is minimum.
DaRoz

Post by DaRoz »

Gage3ri wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:52 am
12 months ago maybe.
Kenosu43

Post by Kenosu43 »

DaRoz wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:52 am
Gage3ri wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:52 am
12 months ago maybe.
probably now the diesel is cheaper than last year and that is because 😥
Cra=stra

Post by Cra=stra »

85 ppm for swb? I only do whats more than a pound per mile otherwise not worth mate if we all ask same price they will give it to us in the end
micRato

Post by micRato »

CX is a total waste of money and time
EttJuz

Post by EttJuz »

Iany#pta wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:54 am Where u based?
north lincs
Gage3ri

Post by Gage3ri »

Use CX for backloads, thats what it's there for. Find your own customers first for your outbound work and you will get by. Don't try to make a living off CX - it won't cut it.
StepMade

Post by StepMade »

Have you been in transport or a courier before ?? Because like any business venture you should do your homework before you spend a penny on a van or think you can be a courier
You need to have a customer to start with how are you going to know size of van you require to cover his work or any work
Best way forward is to work for a company first and see if you think you can hack the job without you spending any of your own money
If after a year you think you can and you have learnt on the way then your knowledge and experience will help you
Duffy6ul

Post by Duffy6ul »

You'll last about a month at those rates.
EttJuz

Post by EttJuz »

Duffy6ul wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:58 am You'll last about a month at those rates.
hence the reason for asking
garrubb74

Post by garrubb74 »

CX is only for part time work or back loads if you have your own contract... get intouch with local companies who require courier services...
You can charge what you want but never go under £1 for anything... good luck
henGot

Post by henGot »

I've been on CX just over a year now, small van started off charging 70ppm (getting .80ppm to £1.10 now). A tough first year but now lucky enough to have people ringing me with work for the next day almost every day, then just use the CX for jobs back home or near home. I'd say use CX to build up and get some good contacts, always ask for feedback! Do lots of research into everything, have all the correct equipment - basically everything you would need to go on a building site + foam/blankets, straps and bungee cords, get a fuel card when diesel was £2 a litre I was getting it for £1.80 every penny counts! Get jobs that are as early as possible 5/6 am, you have a bigger time slot then to get a job back. Have a minimum charge of about £30/£35 even if it's 2/3 miles, you need to be making £170-£250 a day to cover your costs! Your insurance will be expensive for the firs 1/2 years, mine came down by £1k after that. Don't get jobs that take you to the middle of know where or if you do add the price of your fuel back into the job. Work hard, go the extra mile, be a good problem solver, don't lose your rag if someone annoys you at a drop off. Keep your tracker on and don't co-load unless you have been told it's ok! Shippers know when you are co-loading they aren't stupid(you will get bad feedback this is bad)don't get any bad feedback. Keep your van in good working order, tyres, services, change your timing belt on schedule! End of December to March is sh*te but then it picks up, pay yourself a wage each month and try keep the rest in the bank in case anything comes up and you need to pay out. I reckon you need a float of about £3k. Can't think of anything else! I worked as a finance systems administrator for 30 years! Wanted a change if you like your own comp and want to be your own boss and are hard working (you can't take many days off! Save your holidays for after Xmas!)
StepMade

Post by StepMade »

henGot wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:59 am I've been on CX just over a year now, small van started off charging 70ppm (getting .80ppm to £1.10 now). A tough first year but now lucky enough to have people ringing me with work for the next day almost every day, then just use the CX for jobs back home or near home. I'd say use CX to build up and get some good contacts, always ask for feedback! Do lots of research into everything, have all the correct equipment - basically everything you would need to go on a building site + foam/blankets, straps and bungee cords, get a fuel card when diesel was £2 a litre I was getting it for £1.80 every penny counts! Get jobs that are as early as possible 5/6 am, you have a bigger time slot then to get a job back. Have a minimum charge of about £30/£35 even if it's 2/3 miles, you need to be making £170-£250 a day to cover your costs! Your insurance will be expensive for the firs 1/2 years, mine came down by £1k after that. Don't get jobs that take you to the middle of know where or if you do add the price of your fuel back into the job. Work hard, go the extra mile, be a good problem solver, don't lose your rag if someone annoys you at a drop off. Keep your tracker on and don't co-load unless you have been told it's ok! Shippers know when you are co-loading they aren't stupid(you will get bad feedback this is bad)don't get any bad feedback. Keep your van in good working order, tyres, services, change your timing belt on schedule! End of December to March is sh*te but then it picks up, pay yourself a wage each month and try keep the rest in the bank in case anything comes up and you need to pay out. I reckon you need a float of about £3k. Can't think of anything else! I worked as a finance systems administrator for 30 years! Wanted a change if you like your own comp and want to be your own boss and are hard working (you can't take many days off! Save your holidays for after Xmas!)
If only it was that simple
JamNotes

Post by JamNotes »

people spunking their redundancy money up against the wall in this game has been going on since Noah was a lad. that along with lines of credit is what the big guys feed off.
Pabruc88

Post by Pabruc88 »

Waste of time & money
I have the baddest experience with them.
CrCrib

Post by CrCrib »

All CX jobs are backloads as it's all at a sub contractor rate.
There is a backload category that can be posted but these usually mean it's a non urgent item that has a wide collection and delivery window so can be co-loaded.
There are some chancers who post dedicated loads as 'backloads' which basically means there asking for a backload of a backload.

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”