Hi everyone, What fuel card do you use for better saving at the pump? I’m looking for a good discount. Really

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
GeoConn

Hi everyone, What fuel card do you use for better saving at the pump? I’m looking for a good discount. Really

Post by GeoConn »

Hi everyone,
What fuel card do you use for better saving at the pump?
I’m looking for a good discount. Really appreciate your opinions.
Thank you.
HenXo

Re: Hi everyone, What fuel card do you use for better saving at the pump? I’m looking for a good discount. Really

Post by HenXo »

I've been using "The Fuel Store" recently. They always come in a penny or two cheaper than my other 2 cards. I think it was just under £1.14:a litre last week. The amount you buy makes a difference. Currently I'm buying about 3500 litres a week.
GeoConn

Re: Hi everyone, What fuel card do you use for better saving at the pump? I’m looking for a good discount. Really

Post by GeoConn »

HenXo wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:21 pm I've been using "The Fuel Store" recently. They always come in a penny or two cheaper than my other 2 cards. I think it was just under £1.14:a litre last week. The amount you buy makes a difference. Currently I'm buying about 3500 litres a week.
you must have a big fleet to use that amount of litres 👏😅
HenXo

Post by HenXo »

GeoConn wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:22 pm
HenXo wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:21 pm I've been using "The Fuel Store" recently. They always come in a penny or two cheaper than my other 2 cards. I think it was just under £1.14:a litre last week. The amount you buy makes a difference. Currently I'm buying about 3500 litres a week.
you must have a big fleet to use that amount of litres 👏😅
not really mate - 4 artics but one is a spare, 2 x 26 tonners, 1 x 18 tonner, 1 x 7.5 tonner, and 2 vans. I have cut back from 6 artics because to be honest up until a couple of weeks ago sales have been shit this year.
Wrirage

Post by Wrirage »

You first need to decide what fuel you want to buy and then ask the question.
HenXo

Post by HenXo »

Wrirage wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:23 pm
not possible for us as we buy at the pump, we have no fuel storage facility.
Wrirage

Post by Wrirage »

HenXo wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:23 pm
What I mean is do you want a card for supermarket fuel, key fuels, BP or any other brand, or one to allow purchases from several brands?
There are different cards at different prices for different products.
GeoConn

Post by GeoConn »

Wrirage wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:24 pm

What I mean is do you want a card for supermarket fuel, key fuels, BP or any other brand, or one to allow purchases from several brands?
card for supermarket fuel key will be good for me as I’m baying fuel from tesco, saysbury…
Do you know where I can found or what’s the name of it?
HenXo

Post by HenXo »

I dont want any more cards.
Wrirage

Post by Wrirage »

HenXo wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:25 pm

I dont want any more cards.
That’s good. I have 3 x Bp Bunker cards and I don’t want anymore either. I have three in order to keep the card suppliers competitive. Having all the exact same card means that the only difference is price. They can’t try to claim that they offer something that the others don’t.
Bp works for me as I travel all over and can pull into a MWSA and fill up without having to go off route to find a Jet or Esso station.
Plus I believe that Bp is a superior fuel, better for my engine and fuel efficiency.
I’ve averaged over 39mpg over the live time of the van, which I think speaks volumes.
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (49.73 KiB) Viewed 234 times
greShat

Post by greShat »

They are all crap. Best bet is to get 2 with different companies. Get a selection of cards. I have shell and BP cards with 2 companies and a keyfuels and ukfuels card. Then as the price of one increases, which it will, phone them and say you will be using the other card and not theirs. Keep doing that every week otherwise the price will keep going up. Also, get a group of people together who have fuel cards and share your prices every week so you can see if your price is competitive. I'm paying around £1.15 at the moment.
clabare97

Post by clabare97 »

I'm with Silvey (KeyFuels) who took over BWOC's portfolio. Consistently cheaper than Right Fuel Card Co (UK Fuels), aside from a 4 week period when it went out of whack (at the time they were converting BWOC customers to their system). This week 115.07. Mind you prices will go up for us all next week given OPEC+'s latest stunt of slowing production. Hold on to your hats, will be a steep increase this week.....
Ricllerg

Post by Ricllerg »

I'm an account manager in Fuelcards. It all depends on the account manager you have aswell and the margin they have to make on there overall accounts too.
We have to meet a set margins across all our accounts to get able to receive commission. Some customers are very price sensitive others are coverage sensitive and don't care about the money it's really just taking a balance of the two. So a lot of the pricing is down to the individual sales rep you end up with which is pot luck.
It does obviously depend on how good the person is also on spot buying on the market who purchases fuel for the company your dealing with. That does help !
But yes if your wise get a few cards and see who is cheapest and use them.
There are core sites classed as bunker sites too for BP and Shell that are great for savings. There's so many people that think that if they have a Shell or BP card that they get fixed prices at ALLL sites which really isn't true fixed prices are only for core sites. Also sites on UK Fuels and DD networks have surcharges on dependent on the banding of that specific garage.
It is a minefield but great savings can me made undoubtedly if you have an account manager who keeps on eye on your bills and where you are filling up.
I saved one of my big accounts 12k last year on there Diesel.
Feel free to WhatsApp me.
Ricllerg

Post by Ricllerg »

here
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (158.65 KiB) Viewed 229 times

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”