HGV 6 WEEK INSPECTION?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
KhalisTransport

HGV 6 WEEK INSPECTION?

Post by KhalisTransport »

Hi Guys,

New owner operator and finally managed to land a job in the Midlands, its not very lucrative but really need to get the cab moving.

My question is, I had an MOT and inspection 8 weeks ago with a full brake test, but I have only done 60 miles since.

Do I need to get another 6 week inspection or can i wait a few weeks?

I'm planning on covering 1500 miles a week for the next 4 weeks.

Please try not to tear me a new orifice, I'm pretty thick :lol:
Bluecorn

Re: HGV 6 WEEK INSPECTION?

Post by Bluecorn »

Um, so you’ve agreed to 6 weekly PMI and arbitrarily want to change it. Perhaps we need a chat before you end up at PI
KhalisTransport

Re: HGV 6 WEEK INSPECTION?

Post by KhalisTransport »

I'm just asking for clarification because I read this earlier:

"Safety inspection intervals for all commercial vehicles should fall between 4 – 13 weeks. The standard interval is generally 6 weeks but depending on the type of work you’re doing, the mileage covered and the terrain the vehicle is usually travelling on, this can differ. For example, if you are involved in quarry work or regularly drive on building sites, these type of conditions can contribute to accelerated ‘wear and tear’ and inspecting vehicles more frequently would be recommended. Alternatively, if your vehicle accumulates low mileage and is only ever lightly loaded, it may be more practical to inspect every 8-13 weeks."

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”