Distance to client, I have a request from a new client (3.5ton van international) who has a business registered from

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
neniandste

Distance to client, I have a request from a new client (3.5ton van international) who has a business registered from

Post by neniandste »

Distance to client, I have a request from a new client (3.5ton van international) who has a business registered from an address in Scotland, about one hour from me. But I have found out he lives near Coventry and works from that location. Is this against any rules to have a client who is 90% of the time nowhere near me.
JefJello

Re: Distance to client, I have a request from a new client (3.5ton van international) who has a business registered from

Post by JefJello »

Does it also mean he isn't using correct OC? How can u manage the van if u can't see it often. Well he may be on tramping on a van 🤔
robBloom

Re: Distance to client, I have a request from a new client (3.5ton van international) who has a business registered from

Post by robBloom »

JefJello wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:20 pm Does it also mean he isn't using correct OC? How can u manage the van if u can't see it often. Well he may be on tramping on a van 🤔
van operations don’t have an OC
JefJello

Post by JefJello »

robBloom wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:20 pm
JefJello wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:20 pm Does it also mean he isn't using correct OC? How can u manage the van if u can't see it often. Well he may be on tramping on a van 🤔
oh ok, didn't know that. But still, if u can't see paperwork or the van, best to stay away
robBloom

Post by robBloom »

JefJello wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:21 pm
robBloom wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:20 pm
oh ok, didn't know that. But still, if u can't see paperwork or the van, best to stay away
agree with you on that point.
robBloom

Post by robBloom »

I can’t see that working if it was
me.
danthrect70

Post by danthrect70 »

The first question you need to ask yourself is, can I effectively and continuously manage him from where I am?
The second question you need to ask, can I demonstrate the above to the TC, because they will ask?
For one van I personally wouldn't bother👍
Lenextoner

Post by Lenextoner »

The tc are starting to look into distance
amesswu21

Post by amesswu21 »

This will become an ever increasing issue, especially if the UK adopt the need for 3.5 to run on an O’licence and what a can of worms! The builders van for instance, carrying goods… as for this issue, to see the van you could meet as I would imagine he passes, and 1 hour is acceptable for doc check I believe, not too much to check either! No Tacho I take it unless towing?

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”