DQC cards. If you receive one because you've completed all your cpc hours does the new one override your current one

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
whiVibrant58

DQC cards. If you receive one because you've completed all your cpc hours does the new one override your current one

Post by whiVibrant58 »

DQC cards. If you receive one because you've completed all your cpc hours, does the new one override your current one. Or is the current one still valid until it expires and then the new one becomes valid?
ehEssence

Re: DQC cards. If you receive one because you've completed all your cpc hours does the new one override your current one

Post by ehEssence »

New one overrides old one and adds 5 years to expiry date.
GauzeGaz

Re: DQC cards. If you receive one because you've completed all your cpc hours does the new one override your current one

Post by GauzeGaz »

I was under the illusion that the new one wouldn't be sent out until old one expired anyway? 🤔 Is that not the case?
whiVibrant58

Post by whiVibrant58 »

GauzeGaz wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:01 pm I was under the illusion that the new one wouldn't be sent out until old one expired anyway? 🤔 Is that not the case?
if you have less than 12 months existing on the old one and have completed your 35 hours you receive a new one.
sidSaren

Post by sidSaren »

The dates are on the cards. It couldn't be easier.
whiVibrant58

Post by whiVibrant58 »

sidSaren wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:02 pm The dates are on the cards. It couldn't be easier.
current card expires on 30/10/2023 new card issued on 29/01/2023 and expires on 11/10/2028 which overlaps current card. Training record says new qualification starts on 12/10/2023 hence why I asked the question
sidSaren

Post by sidSaren »

whiVibrant58 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:03 pm
sidSaren wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:02 pm The dates are on the cards. It couldn't be easier.
current card expires on 30/10/2023 new card issued on 29/01/2023 and expires on 11/10/2028 which overlaps current card. Training record says new qualification starts on 12/10/2023 hence why I asked the question
going from the dates on the card, I'd say it clearly does. Like a passport, extra days are carried over and recorded as such on the passport. Also, like a passport with more than 10 years on it, I bet some countries will accept it and some will not.
MaKenji

Post by MaKenji »

My old card expired Sept 24 and I got my new one in Feb this year when I had done my 35 hrs!
pennined54

Post by pennined54 »

You answered your own question mate
laweign24

Post by laweign24 »

They have the start and end of validity dates on them. If they send the new one out in the last few months of validity of the old one, I'm sure you'll see they've already thought of that overlap issue.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”