Hi all, Any one has an idea about how hard is the “Driver CPC instructor” examination?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
HalDailies

Hi all, Any one has an idea about how hard is the “Driver CPC instructor” examination?

Post by HalDailies »

Hi all,
Any one has an idea about how hard is the “Driver CPC instructor” examination?
DavDandy

Re: Hi all, Any one has an idea about how hard is the “Driver CPC instructor” examination?

Post by DavDandy »

Is there such an examination? I was lead to believe anyone could deliver driver CPC as long as they were registered with JAUPT?
aleekinte8

Re: Hi all, Any one has an idea about how hard is the “Driver CPC instructor” examination?

Post by aleekinte8 »

DavDandy wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:29 pm Is there such an examination? I was lead to believe anyone could deliver driver CPC as long as they were registered with JAUPT?
anyone can register but evidence of qualifications is now required.
Various training providers of a 'CPC instructor' type course. Better off with a Level 3 AET.
The CPC instructor courses usually give an insight into DVSA requirements around procedures as well as how to train
NorClassy

Post by NorClassy »

aleekinte8 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:30 pm
DavDandy wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:29 pm Is there such an examination? I was lead to believe anyone could deliver driver CPC as long as they were registered with JAUPT?
Various training providers of a 'CPC instructor' type course. Better off with a Level 3 AET.
The CPC instructor courses usually give an insight into DVSA requirements around procedures as well as how to train
I disagree with the option, but it is still possible to get someone approved via a letter from the TP stating the proposed "instructor" is capable, which makes a mockery of their "requirements" for would-be instructors. All the relevant guidance is available on the Jaupt website, for anyone interested.
aleekinte8

Post by aleekinte8 »

NorClassy wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:31 pm
aleekinte8 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:30 pm
I disagree with the option, but it is still possible to get someone approved via a letter from the TP stating the proposed "instructor" is capable, which makes a mockery of their "requirements" for would-be instructors. All the relevant guidance is available on the Jaupt website, for anyone interested.
correct for trainers with experience. Even the guidance is only guidance and other evidence will be considered. Just harder than it used to be
kimussionA1

Post by kimussionA1 »

You can be approved by experience
MoiColumn

Post by MoiColumn »

All you need to do is prove your qualifications in the subject areas you will deliver, you can do a RHA. Train the trainer course and a pettle level 3 is a good teaching qual to gain but you don't need it.
rydAnguris

Post by rydAnguris »

If you want to be on the national register of instructors you will have to sit a 5 day course and test with RTITB. The DVSA are trying to get all instructors to register.
Wyaluggen

Post by Wyaluggen »

Join a consortium as you can pay the 2500 and not be approved its not as straight forward
gleGlover

Post by gleGlover »

As easy as hell as there isn't one
NorClassy

Post by NorClassy »

gleGlover wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:36 pm As easy as hell as there isn't one
There is in a way, NRI do one, but it's really not necessary, which makes it relatively pointless. I looked into it and decided it was of no benefit.
gleGlover

Post by gleGlover »

NorClassy wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:36 pm
gleGlover wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:36 pm As easy as hell as there isn't one
There is in a way, NRI do one, but it's really not necessary, which makes it relatively pointless. I looked into it and decided it was of no benefit.
Yeah I get that. Perhaps I’m an idiot thinking the government are the only money-grubbing lot where CPC is concerned
DaRodeo

Post by DaRodeo »

No exam, any idiot can “ instruct “ the course. There in lies part of the problem. Unlike ADR, SQA do a proper job of vetting instructors. Although some muppets still slip through.
beganBan

Post by beganBan »

It's just a case of getting registered with the DVSA (was JAUPT). They will want to see evidence of competence or experience such as TMCPC and evidence of teaching/training qualification or experience would support your case. The Award in Education and Training (AET) would help. Essentially though, providing the DVSA approve you, it's just a case of having the confidence to deliver the material.
There are some truly terrible instructors out there. It's not a case of having an encyclopedic knowledge which you just can't wait to share or having driven since god was a lad and boring them silly with tales of roping and sheeting and Eaton twin splitters.......be humble, interesting, engaging and friendly. You have serious messages to convey but don't take yourself too seriously, humour often helps if it's appropriate 😉
LawCritic

Post by LawCritic »

beganBan wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:38 pm It's just a case of getting registered with the DVSA (was JAUPT). They will want to see evidence of competence or experience such as TMCPC and evidence of teaching/training qualification or experience would support your case. The Award in Education and Training (AET) would help. Essentially though, providing the DVSA approve you, it's just a case of having the confidence to deliver the material.
There are some truly terrible instructors out there. It's not a case of having an encyclopedic knowledge which you just can't wait to share or having driven since god was a lad and boring them silly with tales of roping and sheeting and Eaton twin splitters.......be humble, interesting, engaging and friendly. You have serious messages to convey but don't take yourself too seriously, humour often helps if it's appropriate 😉
dont mention twin splitters half the room will get excited 😂😂😂
jonnytann

Post by jonnytann »

beganBan wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:38 pm It's just a case of getting registered with the DVSA (was JAUPT). They will want to see evidence of competence or experience such as TMCPC and evidence of teaching/training qualification or experience would support your case. The Award in Education and Training (AET) would help. Essentially though, providing the DVSA approve you, it's just a case of having the confidence to deliver the material.
just checking I got this right you don’t have to be formally trained to register and become an instructor, I have TM international qualification for 15 years
beganBan

Post by beganBan »

jonnytann wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:39 pm
just checking I got this right you don’t have to be formally trained to register and become an instructor, I have TM international qualification for 15 years
No formal qualifications, each application to become DVSA (JAUPT) approved is taken on its own merits and you are asked to list your experience/qualifications etc. Any training/teaching experience or qualifications would certainly help your case. If your looking for work from other training providers as a subbie they may well insist on AET or the like, or even insist that you go on their train the trainer course because they are trying to protect their product/reputation, but as far as DVSA are concerned then no formal.
jonnytann

Post by jonnytann »

beganBan wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:40 pm
jonnytann wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:39 pm
No formal qualifications, each application to become DVSA (JAUPT) approved is taken on its own merits and you are asked to list your experience/qualifications etc. Any training/teaching experience or qualifications would certainly help your case. If your looking for work from other training providers as a subbie they may well insist on AET or the like, or even insist that you go on their train the trainer course because they are trying to protect their product/reputation, but as far as DVSA are concerned then no formal.
Thanks you for the information I will find the link to register
NigMunde

Post by NigMunde »

I thought you needed the ability to be able to repeat the same lame jokes and stories word for word every course and your in
beganBan

Post by beganBan »

NigMunde wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:42 pm I thought you needed the ability to be able to repeat the same lame jokes and stories word for word every course and your in
🤣🤣 Iranian Embassy balcony ✔️ just missed the Herald ✔️ twice a week to Saudi ✔️ Eaton twin-spliters ✔️ roping and sheeting ✔️ brother in law is head of vosser ✔️
stentheid52

Post by stentheid52 »

When some are only charging this price. You need much point.
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (31.75 KiB) Viewed 305 times
NorClassy

Post by NorClassy »

stentheid52 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:44 pm When some are only charging this price. You need much point.
That beats the former lowest price I've seen of £35 via VT recruitment. Who are these people setting the bar even lower?
aleekinte8

Post by aleekinte8 »

stentheid52 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:44 pm When some are only charging this price. You need much point.
that's a consortium member paying admin fees, upload fees and spending money on sponsored advertising. Earning around £12 per head. No wonder drivers think it's a joke.
NorClassy

Post by NorClassy »

I'm assuming you mean the NRI exams? Just be aware that it's not a necessity and is no guarantee of quality, it might impress some people, but I'm only impressed by seeing people in action, not working from a formula given to them by someone else.
DavDandy

Post by DavDandy »

The skill isn’t in passing any qualifications, even having the knowledge is only part way there, the biggest skill is getting it across to wide demographic of learners, a lot of who don’t want to be there in front of you in the first place!
LanarkshireDave
First name: Dave
Surname: Allison
Company: Allison CPC
Phone: 07383741205
WhatsApp: 07383741205
E: [email protected]

Post by LanarkshireDave »

I do CPC courses for a few of companies on a freelance basis, as well as a few 3.5hr evening courses per week for myself.

My route in was to do a train the trainer course (approx £1250), then i had to make up a 20 minute powerpoint presentation on any subject i wanted ( drivers Hours ) and present this to the trainer and the consortium owner who then put me forward for DVSA approval as they were happy with how i came across. (I got consortium access for a year from the train the trainer course, and it's £400 per year there after)

I then applied to another well known company who also applied for approval for me, and it was also granted, although i had to do a presentation to a couple of folk from their training department beforehand as well.

What i will say is that some of the modules / course materials i have had to present for other people is pretty bad, and makes it very difficult to maintain peoples attention for 7 hours.

Also i the last 3 weeks i have been audited twice by DVSA who come online to assess you as a trainer and the company you are presenting for. Both occasions i got very good feedback.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”