Afternoon, Where does one stand when it comes to editing drivers hours when an error has occurred i.e driver leaving

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
kyllChrono

Afternoon, Where does one stand when it comes to editing drivers hours when an error has occurred i.e driver leaving

Post by kyllChrono »

Afternoon,
Where does one stand when it comes to editing drivers hours when an error has occurred i.e driver leaving card in overnight on other work or selecting the wrong mode when making a manual entry (other work instead of rest)
Thanks in advance!
beganBan

Re: Afternoon, Where does one stand when it comes to editing drivers hours when an error has occurred i.e driver leaving

Post by beganBan »

If you mean on your tacho analysis software I would suggest still debriefing the drivers infringement before editing and keeping on record as it shows you still have had the conversation etc
cramarcom

Re: Afternoon, Where does one stand when it comes to editing drivers hours when an error has occurred i.e driver leaving

Post by cramarcom »

Cannot be changed. Record as you would an infringement if to often look at retraining
LawCritic

Post by LawCritic »

Debrief driver and printout with explanation on the back
NaiNavy

Post by NaiNavy »

LawCritic wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 2:53 pm Debrief driver and printout with explanation on the back
Run the infringement report as is and sign off as card left in over night.
Then adjust other work to correct time or wtd records will be all to cock.
This also corrects infringement stats.
jonnytann

Post by jonnytann »

Record the infringement as normal, then edit the software to reflect the correct working time for WTD purposes only. What's on the driver card can't be altered.
dunntical57

Post by dunntical57 »

The card still shows the truth. So, let’s say an enforcement officer stops your driver. And then checks with your paperwork if you are managing your infringements. You will find your repute being questioned in front of a TC!
NigMunde

Post by NigMunde »

dunntical57 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 2:55 pm The card still shows the truth. So, let’s say an enforcement officer stops your driver. And then checks with your paperwork if you are managing your infringements. You will find your repute being questioned in front of a TC!
Indeed! There should be no editing, just written annotations of explanation on the monthly infringement reports. Leaving a card in overnight is a mistake, easily done and nothing to be hidden, just explained as human error.
VauCozy

Post by VauCozy »

I would be honest and show the infringement and record why it happened. If the enforcement authorities came across the infringement by another means and it was shown you had edited it out they may wonder what else is being hidden. Be upfront they’ll respect your honesty more
stentheid52

Post by stentheid52 »

Enforcement will want tacho card & VU raw data, so what you do on the software will not change that.
If you do edit it, infringe it, put in drivers file.
neissbone60

Post by neissbone60 »

Jesus ! they ain’t gonna kill you for it !
Bluecorn

Post by Bluecorn »

It’s not permitted, but a brilliant idea. Imagine, if the “errors” could be changed, then we’d never have any infringements. :D :D

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”